Sunderland AFC

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Renz said:
That would be great if we could get together and watch the game. Unfortunately, it is scheduled to kickoff at 1:30 PM which is about 5:30 or 6:30 AM in Arizona.

a pint with a bacon sandwich...nothing better

English on tour

Reaction score
Might you get to see any of these pre season games in Canada and the US.......on TV maybe?

A Thu 14 Victoria State 19:00
A Sat 16 Vancouver Whitecaps 19:00
A Wed 20 Seattle Sounders 19:00
A Sat 23 Portland Timbers 19:00
A Wed 27 Hull City 19:45
A Sat 30 Sheffield United

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ugh, don't remind me. We're stronger defensively this year, but decimated by injury. Our midfield should be spectacular, but striker? Shearer and...Shearer and? Hopefully Owen, but I'm not holding my breath. AND Shearer may be out for the opener with injury, AND Ameobi is out the first two games of the season. Oi!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
English on tour said:
New season starts on sat - COME ON - got my tickets yesterday :thumbup:
Exciting times! I really like the additions of Stubbs and Le Tallec. Hopefully, Mick will add Andy Gray and Livermore as well.

Just beat Charlton!!! :thumbup:

Stout

Reaction score
What a horrible start to the season for us as well. The Arsenal match was actually well-played, and if the ref hadn't been a complete idiot (his red card was revoked), we had a chance at a draw or even victory.

Not beating a ten-men Hammers side? Utterly unforgiveable. We need to strengthen the squad...NOW.

English on tour

Reaction score
Stout said:
What a horrible start to the season for us as well. The Arsenal match was actually well-played, and if the ref hadn't been a complete idiot (his red card was revoked), we had a chance at a draw or even victory.

Not beating a ten-men Hammers side? Utterly unforgiveable. We need to strengthen the squad...NOW.

sounds as though you might get thsi Luque fella (personal terms agreed but not the fee with the club) - we however have no money to improve!!!

just been t get me ticket for Manchester City game tmrw night - should be fun......

Stout

Reaction score
English on tour said:
sounds as though you might get thsi Luque fella (personal terms agreed but not the fee with the club) - we however have no money to improve!!!

just been t get me ticket for Manchester City game tmrw night - should be fun......

Luque would be good, but we still need more, we're that bad off up front.

Man City? That's going to be a harsh test for you. Just hope Calamity James strikes again!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
English on tour said:
2 games gone and 2 games lost

1-0 today away to Liverpool the ref had a stinker and sent one off but still no points :rolleyes:
Not too bad of a result against the European champions at Anfield. Now we need some points...and some goals!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
WOO HOO! The Man City game is going to be on live tomorrow on Fox Soccer Channel! It will be the first Sunderland game I have been able to watch since the FA Cup semi against Millwall. :thumbup:

Hopefully, there will be more fans at the SOL than against Charlton. On the replays the lower stands looked pretty empty.

Stout

Reaction score
Sunderland is being hurt early by West Ham. It's normal for newly promoted teams to go pointless early, but with West Ham gaining an early 4 points, Sunderland's chances of staying in the top flight may end up being hurt.

But, it's early...who knows what will happen.

Stout

Reaction score
:biglaugh:

OH MY FRIGGIN' GOD!!! Never, EVER post that when I'm going to be drinking Dr. Pepper! My paperwork just got plastered with it! That's hysterical!

And it would be far less funny if it weren't true :(

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am going to the Sunderland game tonight. Hopefully it is a good one...

I will post pictures if you guys want to see them...

English on tour

Reaction score
SouthNZoneFan said:
Hey guys,

I am going to the Sunderland game tonight. Hopefully it is a good one...

I will post pictures if you guys want to see them...

damn, just saw this - i would have met you for a pint!!

what did you think? we looked poor but still should have won!! its dif in class form champ to prme lge - they had 1 and half chances but scored twice!

looking bleak and means sat against Wigan is a must!

great to see you going to game though SNZF :thumbup:

Stout

Reaction score
WE JUST AGREED A FEE FOR OWEN!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

Of course, if he agrees personal terms, he only wants to stay a year, but still...we desperately need him!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
English on tour said:

what did you think? we looked poor but still should have won!! its dif in class form champ to prme lge - they had 1 and half chances but scored twice!

I think the squad has looked better every match, so I'm not too discouraged. They need to shore up the back a bit more. I think the goals will come eventually. Le Tallec impressed for only his fifth EPL match.

There are a lot of matches left to get points. :thumbup:

Also, the signing of Christian Bassila should help strengthen the midfield.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Stout said:
WE JUST AGREED A FEE FOR OWEN!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

Of course, if he agrees personal terms, he only wants to stay a year, but still...we desperately need him!
The Skunks aren't doing much better than Sunderland. One point in three games? Souness is really going to be on the hot seat now!

BTW I have my doubts about Owen agreeing a move to Sid James. When he looks at the situation there, coupled with the lack of European football this year, I think he'll balk.

Stout

Reaction score
Renz said:
The Skunks aren't doing much better than Sunderland. One point in three games? Souness is really going to be on the hot seat now!

BTW I have my doubts about Owen agreeing a move to Sid James. When he looks at the situation there, coupled with the lack of European football this year, I think he'll balk.

Ugh, you're not kidding about the season thus far. We may be battling for our Premiership lives alongside Sunderland this year!

As for Owen, he has said he would agree to play for Newcastle, but only on loan for the year. He wants back at Liverpool, but they don't want him back. So we'll see.

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
English on tour said:

English on tour - I am heading back to another game soon if you want to meet up. I bought in the cheap seats but the game was great. The crowd really got into it after the score. Great atmosphere...

But I have to say it again that the stadium of light needs better things around it and more parking spaces. I parked like 30 minutes away!!! Ughh..

Perhaps I am just spoiled...

PM next game you head to (you probably have season tickets...)..

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Today's game was crazy!!!!! I am still wondering how they lost the game...

Stout

Reaction score
Man, that's a heartbreaker. I saw they were winning with 12 minutes left, and I thought it was in the bag. Ah, well. I wanted you guys to get a win, but at least we're still ahead of someone in the Premiership ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson