Stop The Lockout

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, I'm not sure how me signing a petition will help prevent the lockout. I'm guessing owners already know fans want to see football next year.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
If a new deal is agreed to...and that's a big IF...I would bet the ranch that it won't be agreed to by the players until MOST of training camp is over. You just know they are going to try to work this to their advantage so that it included getting paid for a full season and not having to go through a normal training camp. I hope I'm wrong...but...the players today are such divas...

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There will not be any lockout. NFL will do EXACLY what they did this season which is to extrend the prior contract while they try to hammer out their differences.

NFL will Change the schedule to 18 games and 2 preseason games.

NFL players association is working to break the NFL by deunion voting.

Either way they won't cook the golden voice.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If a new deal is agreed to...and that's a big IF...I would bet the ranch that it won't be agreed to by the players until MOST of training camp is over. You just know they are going to try to work this to their advantage so that it included getting paid for a full season and not having to go through a normal training camp. I hope I'm wrong...but...the players today are such divas...

I agree, most of todays players are candy asses, straight divas...... they somehow think that after a few years in the NFL they should never have to work again in their lives.
I for one, would just as soon see a lockout, abolition of the players union,...and a new deal that includes a serious rookie cap.
The league changes rules every year so these prima donnas can put up better numbers, and have less risk of injury. But then the players who benefit from those changes, turn around and hold the teams hostage for even more money, claiming they have awesome stats, and any play can end their career. Never once seeing the reality of how blessed they are, and that were it not for the NFL, the vast majority of them would never earn five million dollars in their entire lifetime, let alone for eight months worth of work.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There will not be any lockout. NFL will do EXACLY what they did this season which is to extrend the prior contract while they try to hammer out their differences.

NFL will Change the schedule to 18 games and 2 preseason games.

NFL players association is working to break the NFL by deunion voting.

Either way they won't cook the golden voice.

With the economy on the verge of a slip into a bottomless pit I think the owners and players should all lose their money for a year. They live in a different world than most of us. Probably all of us on this board. It is all about money one way or the other. Each want more more more. I hope they would not be eligible for unemployment as you and I would be paying millionaire ball players to sit on their butts. That would be to much to take.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree, most of todays players are candy asses, straight divas...... they somehow think that after a few years in the NFL they should never have to work again in their lives.
I for one, would just as soon see a lockout, abolition of the players union,...and a new deal that includes a serious rookie cap.
The league changes rules every year so these prima donnas can put up better numbers, and have less risk of injury. But then the players who benefit from those changes, turn around and hold the teams hostage for even more money, claiming they have awesome stats, and any play can end their career. Never once seeing the reality of how blessed they are, and that were it not for the NFL, the vast majority of them would never earn five million dollars in their entire lifetime, let alone for eight months worth of work.

Most of these men have been treated like heroes ever since they were in high school and college. Being great football players, they did not have to work for much, as most knew they someday would play in the NFL and be paid millions. Look at Reggie Bush. Cam Newton is now under investigation not only by the NCAA but also the FBI. When the FBI gets involve one tends to think there is something there although at this point it is all allegations from the NCAA's point of view. I think the FBI has jumped in on a possible violation of Interstate crimes? He is alleged to have had an agents employee approach a college and ask for $200,000 to have Cam go to that school (Mississippi State). Cam says he asked no one to do this. He did not say the guy did not do it. His father is a minister of several churches and they are desperate for money. Like many players he comes from a poor home. There are also some allegations about him and his academics. Many of these players have been used to getting all the attention and having things their way. Some low life agents will do anything including breaking the law to sign a player to a contract. Whether any thing comes of this or not it will certainly effect some voters when it comes to the Heisman. It want drop him down in the draft as the NFL is not going to pass on a possible #1 pick. Auburn could get burned and while all this is going on during the college football signing season I could see some players changing their minds about Auburn knowing they could possible be punished by the NCAA and not be in bowl games. Guilty or not Auburn is already hurt. Cam has lost some of his glitter guilty or not. All because one of his teammates called the NCAA to report this alleged event.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I am not giving them my email address.

Good idea. In the military we learned to never volunteer for anything or sign anything. I volunteered for Vietnam twice and almost did not make it back. My youth clouded my judgment.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With the economy on the verge of a slip into a bottomless pit I think the owners and players should all lose their money for a year. They live in a different world than most of us. Probably all of us on this board. It is all about money one way or the other. Each want more more more. I hope they would not be eligible for unemployment as you and I would be paying millionaire ball players to sit on their butts. That would be to much to take.

John I agree with you 100%. I have had tickets that I scalp...in the past they were EASY MONEY! This year I'm almost giving them away...it's a huge loss. Reason being is people could care less if they go to the game...it's a luxury that they can't afford. I see it in the stadium with seats being unoccupied.
This will be my final year of scalping and I'll bet anyone $10,000 that next season the Cardinals will NOT sell out the stadium for every game....as they have done so far.

They'll survive this year with sell outs, but after this....no way next year.

The NFL doesn't care as almost every game this year has been sold out across the league.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson