OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't post enough to really care about the banning, one way or another but I agree with the previous posters that a specific warning system (PM) would be good. Just my opinion
FWIW @Solar7 too - the mods don't have time to read every post. By the time we do get around to reading a great deal of them, flame wars have erupted into several threads with 6 or 7 posters bickering back and forth, engaging in their own anti-Private Idaho. Threads become monopolized with the same regurgitation and one-upmanship that makes the board unreadable. So if we all would act in a civilized manner and not try to one-up someone else, not combat and stalk the posters waiting for them to say something, then things can be copacetic.

Furthermore, *selfishly* it's a lot, lot easier to ban someone than to take the time to PM them, engage in a conversation explaining what they did wrong, then they defend themselves crying foul about another poster, we get into a he-said she-said, there will be tears, apologies, finger crossing to not swear to uphold the promises made, a long awkward walk home, weird side-glances at the funerals and Wal-Mart check out lines, and "warnings" which won't get heeded anyway.

I aints be got the time for that, so that's the plan, Stan.

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d rather a simple disagree push than some of the retorts we get around here.
Yeah, it's just the right amount of passive aggressiveness that makes you feel good when you use it, the receiving end of the thumbs down really doesn't know how to take it, but it is quickly ignored and things go on rather than a bitter exchange.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just the right amount of passive aggressiveness that makes you feel good when you use it, the receiving end of the thumbs down really doesn't know how to take it, but it is quickly ignored and things go on rather than a bitter exchange.
It must make this poster feel real good because they do it on every single one of mine lol.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We also have others on here that put a disagree on everything a person posts when it would be much easier to just put that person on "ignore" lol.

I almost did a thumbsdown to your post Cardsfan trying to be funny. I thought better of it.

If more people did something similar, the board would be much more civil.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I almost did a thumbsdown to your post Cardsfan trying to be funny. I thought better of it.

If more people did something similar, the board would be much more civil.
I get people disagreeing but it gets to a point where you know it's being done on purpose because it's everything I post. I get it though, this thread is about the name calling & bickering which should never go on.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
FWIW @Solar7 too - the mods don't have time to read every post. By the time we do get around to reading a great deal of them, flame wars have erupted into several threads with 6 or 7 posters bickering back and forth, engaging in their own anti-Private Idaho. Threads become monopolized with the same regurgitation and one-upmanship that makes the board unreadable. So if we all would act in a civilized manner and not try to one-up someone else, not combat and stalk the posters waiting for them to say something, then things can be copacetic.

Furthermore, *selfishly* it's a lot, lot easier to ban someone than to take the time to PM them, engage in a conversation explaining what they did wrong, then they defend themselves crying foul about another poster, we get into a he-said she-said, there will be tears, apologies, finger crossing to not swear to uphold the promises made, a long awkward walk home, weird side-glances at the funerals and Wal-Mart check out lines, and "warnings" which won't get heeded anyway.

I aints be havin' the time for that, so that's the plan, Stan.
I'm glad you pointed this out, I haven't been posting much because when I see a simple thread like Buddha wants a trade " and I see 40 pages I know that 40th page has nothing to do with the original topic, it's how Kyler needs work and Bidwill should sell the team, it's been un-readable , so thanx for this.
And for everyone asking, if you think your post may go over the line, just don't post it...I'm betting it's really not gonna be some earth shattering insight anyway lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If you were on the ledge you’d know. We all almost always send warning first.
Appreciate it. I guess that's why I was asking. The impression from the OP made it feel like a little bit of a black box.

But I pretty much only post here and have been avoiding P&R for years. I lurk and occasionally check in on the Suns board.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Appreciate it. I guess that's why I was asking. The impression from the OP made it feel like a little bit of a black box.

But I pretty much only post here and have been avoiding P&R for years. I lurk and occasionally check in on the Suns board.

My take on it is that there has been a tonne of personal attacks that don't break the rules on language that inflame debate and lead to long running arguments.

Dvontel just took a one day ban which I think is a good example where he basically called someone a huge homer who will always side with Bidwill. That's a personal attack whether it uses cuss words or not. It's directly targeting a poster rather than the content and there's been loads of it here lately. Things like calling someone Mouth of Sauron or Bidwill's burner are personal attacks.

Your post on the 3rd choice thing was fine for me because that's discussing the content (which is completely fabricated :)).

Last edited:
OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My take on it is that there has been a tonne of personal attacks that don't break the rules on language that inflame debate and lead to long running arguments.

Dvontel just took a one day ban which I think is a good example where he basically called someone a huge homer who will always side with Bidwill. That's a personal attack whether it uses cuss words or not. It's directly targeting a poster rather than the content and there's been loads of it here lately. Things like calling someone Mouth of Sauron or Bidwill's burner are personal attacks.

Your post on the 3rd choice thing was fine for me because that's discussing the content (which is completely fabricated :)).
I'm going to help you.

1. Take a deep breath
2. Go into your bathroom
3. Turn on the light
4. Look into the mirror
5. Realize that the person that you see is also what I'm referring to

Your ongoing dance with Stout is a wet blanket or getting sand in your crotch. It's like trying to watch the Ren and Stimpy show. Enough is enough.

Your hubris just doesn't know when to let something go and as a result almost every thread you read is your incessant whining and posturing. I've grounded my kids for less whining.

Holy hell, seriously?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going to help you.

1. Take a deep breath
2. Go into your bathroom
3. Turn on the light
4. Look into the mirror
5. Realize that the person that you see is also what I'm referring to

Your ongoing dance with Stout is a wet blanket or getting sand in your crotch. It's like trying to watch the Ren and Stimpy show. Enough is enough.

Your hubris just doesn't know when to let something go and as a result almost every thread you read is your incessant whining and posturing. I've grounded my kids for less whining.

Holy hell, seriously?

I know it is also me you were referring to.

It's hard to have a serious discussion here with the same 3-4 people tracking and commenting on most things you post and I don't resort to name calling and personal attacks nearly as much as I receive. It takes at least 2 to tango so it's not just me, or even plus Stout.

I was simply trying to help Solar7 with what I believe you were referring to.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

It's hard to have a serious discussion here with the same 3-4 people tracking and commenting on most things you post and I don't resort to name calling and personal attacks nearly as much as I receive. It takes at least 2 to tango so it's not just me, or even plus Stout.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:thumbup:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This I completely agree with.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As heated as you and I have gotten, I don't think either of use have resorted to name calling. And when I see name calling by others, I usually report it. I've reported others who have done that to you.