STOP IT

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's been a bunch of sniping, pettiness, calling out other posters, and just general jackassery lately. This is your last warning.

Behind the scenes, several mods want to issue the ban hammer, but I am issuing this Public Service Announcement.

If you continue to do this type of behavior, you will get a time out. It's not the time that you want to be sent into a corner with the unis and draft coming up.

So please get yourself under control and refrain from poking the bear. You will get the Ban Hammer if not. Consider this your Rubicon.

:banned: :hammer:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's been a bunch of sniping, pettiness, calling out other posters, and just general jackassery lately. This is your last warning.

Behind the scenes, several mods want to issue the ban hammer, but I am issuing this Public Service Announcement.

If you continue to do this type of behavior, you will get a time out. It's not the time that you want to be sent into a corner with the unis and draft coming up.

So please get yourself under control and refrain from poking the bear. You will get the Ban Hammer if not. :banned: :hammer:
Please send a pm as final warning before eventually banning a member.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So please get yourself under control and refrain from poking the bear. You will get the Ban Hammer if not. Consider this your Rubicon.

:banned: :hammer:
For what it’s worth, I really like your usage of the word jackassery

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As posted in the Suns forum it applies here.

Hello,

It's no secret that across the entirety of ASFN, this board has gotten downright unfriendly. People are making assumptions about people's character based on P&R posts. People are taking fights across multiple threads. Game Day threads are being littered with spats and slaps.

This forum only thrives on debate the topic not the poster. I don't care what you think your truth is about someone, this isn't the place to post it or share it. It isn't welcome in any form. It will no longer be tolerated. Your grudges go to ignore or PM. If you can't do that then you will be given progressively longer breaks.

The rampant arguing and negativity has run off enough posters. Bans will start at 3 days. There is no arguing about your ban. You will see in the rules it specifically addresses this.

2) Moderators' decisions are final. Our moderators are all unpaid volunteers who are looking out for the best interests of our members. We want to help each and every member get the best experience possible on our board, but there will always be individuals who choose to break the rules and be banned. Moderators' decisions are final. THERE IS NO PUBLIC DISCUSSION ON THIS.

If you have a problem with a decision a moderator makes, please PM (private message) them and discuss with them the issue. We will be glad to discuss it with you there, but posting or starting threads about it is not allowed. These posts / threads will be closed or deleted.

Not only are moderators’ decisions final but so are their opinions as to what is offensive, inflammatory, a personal attack, profanity, or just plain poor taste. Although we will make every effort to look into issues; we will not attempt to research a conflict beyond what we have seen. Otherwise you get into a circular round of "but did you go back and look at what he said to me last week".

Those folks who are unlucky enough to get a temporary ban should take their temporary ban like a man / woman and move on.

These rules also apply to moderators as well. We will be held to the same standards you are...even if it is me. PM @jf-08 with where I stepped out and I will take my ban just as you would. Without debate or public discussion.

I have been fairly lax about public discussion about bannings. I now see that is a mistake. That will also incur the same ban as the original ban. Stick to the topic and stop debating posters / moderators.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not pushing back too hard here, but as a long term mod on a major forum for nearly 20 years now... I've gotta wonder why there's not a warning system in place for this stuff. The draft is just over a week away, and now is when a zero tolerance policy is being implemented?

I always try to debate the argument, not the poster (with a few exceptions), but there's instances where sometimes that poster's approach to everything overlaps with their argument. Without warnings, it's tough to know where that boundary lies, and I don't want to be banned the morning of the draft because I have a disagreement in team philosophy.

I'll use a concrete example. Just before I read this post, I made a comment about some specific posters who won't stop calling Ossenfort our "third choice" GM, and that they don't want to clarify why they feel that way, and won't reply. I have nothing personal against these posters or anything all that mean to say, but obviously I'm calling them out on their continued approach, and I disagree with it. Is that crossing the line?

Forums do lead to spirited debate. I don't expect any mods to sacrifice too much of their lives for this... but it'd be nice to know if any of us were currently under the watchful eye of an impending ban.

I guess I could just be safe and not post until the jersey reveals and draft, lol.

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not pushing back too hard here, but as a long term mod on a major forum for nearly 20 years now... I've gotta wonder why there's not a warning system in place for this stuff. The draft is just over a week away, and now is when a zero tolerance policy is being implemented? Warnings have been given in threads where the transgressions lie. And they weren't being heeded.

I always try to debate the argument, not the poster (with a few exceptions), but there's instances where sometimes that poster's approach to everything overlaps with their argument. Without warnings, it's tough to know where that boundary lies, and I don't want to be banned the morning of the draft because I have a disagreement in team philosophy. Agree.

I'll use a concrete example. Just before I read this post, I made a comment about some specific posters who won't stop calling Ossenfort our "third choice" GM, and that they don't want to clarify why they feel that way, and won't reply. I have nothing personal against these posters or anything all that mean to say, but obviously I'm calling them out on their continued approach, and I disagree with it. Is that crossing the line? No, but if called them stupid repeatedly, then you'd get sent to the corner.

Forums do lead to spirited debate. I don't expect any mods to sacrifice too much of their lives for this... but it'd be nice to know if any of us were currently under the watchful eye of an impending ban. Yes off the top of my head there are 5 or 6 that seem to clog up almost every thread,

I guess I could just be safe and not post until the jersey reveals and draft, lol.
See above in the quoted text box.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
See above in the quoted text box.
Usually those warning are just blanket statements and are not directed at specific individuals. Some people are so caught up in their own opinion, they don't even realize they have crossed the line.
I don't post enough to really care about the banning, one way or another but I agree with the previous posters that a specific warning system (PM) would be good. Just my opinion

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
If i ever cross the lines i usually get a warning PM or in the thread. Ive seen that done to other posters as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If i ever cross the lines i usually get a warning PM or in the thread. Ive seen that done to other posters as well.
Fortunately, we have drawn the line very clearly. You shouldn't have any doubt on if you have crossed the line anymore.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Fortunately, the have drawn the line very clearly. You shouldn't have any doubt on if you have crossed the line anymore.
Just saying... I still don't know, even asking for clarification here. Not trying to make it more difficult on any mods, but now on eggshells, haha.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA