Still a lopsided trade?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said this over a year ago when everybody first started talking about Jason Kidd going to San Antonio, but I'll say it again. Jason Kidd's addition will not win San Antonio a championship. They already have a very good point guard... and one that can hit the outside shot better than JK. If they signed Jason Kidd to a Max contract to go along with Tim Duncan's Max contract they're going to have to fill the rest of the roster with small contract players.

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
I said this over a year ago when everybody first started talking about Jason Kidd going to San Antonio, but I'll say it again. Jason Kidd's addition will not win San Antonio a championship. They already have a very good point guard... and one that can hit the outside shot better than JK. If they signed Jason Kidd to a Max contract to go along with Tim Duncan's Max contract they're going to have to fill the rest of the roster with small contract players.

Joe Mama

I also believe they will not win a championship--but then again, the Lakers have done it 3 straight times, so it's not a given...

sunsfn

Reaction score
I hope S.A. signs Kidd to a big contract.
They will not win the title with two players like the Lakers can do.
You need a shooter at the guard position to score points like Kobe.

In a couple of years the Spurs and Suns can play for the western confernce championship to go to the finals,,,and after a 3 pointer to take the lead late in the game by Stephon Marbury of the Phoenix suns...............Jason Kidd from the San Antonio Spurs misses a 3 pointer at the buzzer for a Suns win!!!!!!!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
I also believe they will not win a championship--but then again, the Lakers have done it 3 straight times, so it's not a given...

That's quite a bit different though. Kobe Bryant is a much better basketball player than Jason Kidd. Bryant is a very good outside shooter which is what you need to take pressure off a great low post player like Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan. If Tim Duncan had gone to Orlando and they had signed Tracy McGrady and not Grant Hill Orlando would be competing with the Lakers.

San Antonio would be better off with Gary Payton for a few years. He's not going to get a maximum extension, so they would have a little but of money left over to sign a center like Brad Miller or Nestorovic.

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
That's quite a bit different though. Kobe Bryant is a much better basketball player than Jason Kidd.

Truer words have never been spoken. You are absolutely correct. My statement was pretty much what the sportswriters and beat reporters in San Antonio will prognosticate.

Interesting little side note: Today going home on sports radio here in L.A., the guys were talking about Jason Kidd and San Antonio. It was funny, because one of them mentioned several times that Kidd had beat the crap out of Joumana, and he was adamant about it. He also says that it would be a mistake to sign Kidd, considering they have Parker. He said that Parker was a future star--I don't know if I totally believe that, but he might be close.

He suggested the Spurs to sign Jermaine O'Neal. To me, that is a much scarier signing in the Western Conference.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if Jason Kidd was auditioning last night for a spot on the Spurs roster and a maximum contract he shouldn't hold his breath for a callback. He did grab 8 rebounds and handout 13 assists, but 4-19 from the field is flat out ugly.

Jason Kidd is a great player who can make an average/below-average team pretty good, but unless he's teamed up with two top tier players he won't get that championship.

My guess is that San Antonio doesn't even make a strong push for Jason Kidd over the summer.

Joe Mama

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Well, if Jason Kidd was auditioning last night for a spot on the Spurs roster and a maximum contract he shouldn't hold his breath for a callback.

:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson