State Of The Team

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
2021 will really be a fork in the road kinda year for the team:

K1 will either progress, or he wont.

if he progresses, the team makes the playoffs, everyone keeps their jobs and we all feel good (more or less) on the direction of the team

if K1 doesnt: he is a high end Jake Plummer. Entertaining, good enough to win 7,8 or 9 games with a really good roster but not consistent enough to go far in the playoffs. GM and coach go -- with the new HC given the charge to figure K1 out. all at a time when an extension is looming --

fun times!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2021 will really be a fork in the road kinda year for the team:

K1 will either progress, or he wont.

if he progresses, the team makes the playoffs, everyone keeps their jobs and we all feel good (more or less) on the direction of the team

if K1 doesnt: he is a high end Jake Plummer. Entertaining, good enough to win 7,8 or 9 games with a really good roster but not consistent enough to go far in the playoffs. GM and coach go -- with the new HC given the charge to figure K1 out. all at a time when an extension is looming --

fun times!

All this after year three...

Imagine if the Broncos had decided that year three was the litmus test for John Elway's career.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
"I know from our team, there are times when we don’t know exactly what went wrong until we sort out the play,” Belichick said on WEEI. “So it’s impossible someone else could have known. Sometimes what it looks like is not what it is.”

I don't know how you get to that conclusion, or for that matter that you are able to predict that he is talking about the vast minority of plays, but okay, I guess we just read it differently.
I read it as you do, Gandhi, he’s essentially saying “I think these guys are full of sheesh.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
"There are times" suggests a infrequently. If it was frequent he would say "often".
Lol at your mental gymnastics. He’s solely referring to when his guys can’t figure it out as an example to show how ridiculous it is to rely on those with zero insight.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol at your mental gymnastics. He’s solely referring to when his guys can’t figure it out as an example to show how ridiculous it is to rely on those with zero insight.

I know what he's referring to, and there's no mental gymnastics involved. Words have meaning.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know what he's referring to, and there's no mental gymnastics involved. Words have meaning.
They sure do. And when they’re strung together in certain sequences and uttered by certain people the meaning can take on nuanced evolution. Apparently you’re purposefully missing that in this case.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Do you really think he's worth 6 million though? I was just thinking that money could be used elsewhere, like adding another decent vet CB.
At this point in the offseason, it isn't about contract value. What we are paying him is irrelevant right now. We are 13 mil under the cap right now and don't seem to be looking to sign anyone. The idea of getting rid of our veteran depth to just have 19 mil in cap space is just not smart IMO. Until I have something else to spend that money on, it makes no sense to cut him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I read it as you do, Gandhi, he’s essentially saying “I think these guys are full of sheesh.”

I think it's more nuanced.

PFF analysts can be reading certain plays wrong and bad teams tend to have lower ranked players because the guys next to them suck.

Example: The center was supposed to block the nose, but PFF gets it wrong an assigns the blown block to the guard. If that happened over and over, it lowers the guards grade.

The next season the team upgrades the center and lo and behold the guards grade jumps by ten points.

I've looked at their grades for some of the Cardinals good players and I thought their grade was too low from what I've seen. This would account for why that happens.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All this after year three...

Imagine if the Broncos had decided that year three was the litmus test for John Elway's career.

or his first Super Bowl appearance. Denver lost their first three Super Bowls played with elway. I really gave up on him after the first SB loss.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose