Starfield

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided to hold off. I only have the bandwidth for one game at a time these days, so I'm about halfway through Valhalla which should hopefully carry me through to AC: Mirage. After that, I'll probably check this out depending on whether it flops or goes supernova. It does sound like a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to your guys' impressions.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Decided to hold off. I only have the bandwidth for one game at a time these days, so I'm about halfway through Valhalla which should hopefully carry me through to AC: Mirage. After that, I'll probably check this out depending on whether it flops or goes supernova. It does sound like a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to your guys' impressions.
You're missing out if you don't try BG3 though.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're missing out if you don't try BG3 though.

That does look very good, and I hope to dive in at some point. However, I'm way into the AC franchise (for better or worse!) and sci-fi titles (Star Wars in particular) which will always get my attention and priority over fantasy/D&D genre.

So many games, so little time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That does look very good, and I hope to dive in at some point. However, I'm way into the AC franchise (for better or worse!) and sci-fi titles (Star Wars in particular) which will always get my attention and priority over fantasy/D&D genre.

So many games, so little time.
I like AC (I have a fondness for Black Flag and Odyssey), but it is repetitive for a series with so many entries. But as a D&D player, BG3 is just amazing. Best role playing game ever, and that's saying a lot.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like AC (I have a fondness for Black Flag and Odyssey), but it is repetitive for a series with so many entries. But as a D&D player, BG3 is just amazing. Best role playing game ever, and that's saying a lot.
Wow. That's great to hear. Better than Pool of Radiance?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the gold box game from the 80s? Yeah for sure. Pool of Radiance wasn’t even the best of those games. :)
I love D&D, haven't campaigned in over 20 years though and I love the RPGs. There were a few annoying character quirks in the original BG, but I've heard nothing but great things about BG3.

Curious what gaming system do you guys use (sorry if this has already been answered)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I love D&D, haven't campaigned in over 20 years though and I love the RPGs. There were a few annoying character quirks in the original BG, but I've heard nothing but great things about BG3.

Curious what gaming system do you guys use (sorry if this has already been answered)
BG3 on PC, but I use Xbox, PS5 and Switch as well for games.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

PC
XBox One
PS5
Switch

My wife, ten years ago: “I don’t want to live in a house with game consoles.”

Oops.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
… predownload ready, just waiting for it to unlock.

Anyone else?
Yep, same here. Just waiting for next week now. I miss Mass Effect, I need that same kind of fix. I have high hopes for this game.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm currently using an Xbox Series X and love it. I've owned every xbox console since they came out. I still have a PS4 that has been used less than ten times.

Somewhere in my spare room I have a drawer full of old consoles like a PS1, a Sega Saturn, a couple Xbox 360's, and an Xbox One.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, same here. Just waiting for next week now. I miss Mass Effect, I need that same kind of fix. I have high hopes for this game.

Mass Effect is still in my top 10 games of all time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm currently using an Xbox Series X and love it. I've owned every xbox console since they came out. I still have a PS4 that has been used less than ten times.

Somewhere in my spare room I have a drawer full of old consoles like a PS1, a Sega Saturn, a couple Xbox 360's, and an Xbox One.
I have a computer with a 50" tv arcade, with thousands of games for older systems and MAME, along with a PS3, PS2, XBOX 360, Nin64, Dreamcast, Wii and modded Xbox in a shelf next to it.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a computer with a 50" tv arcade, with thousands of games for older systems and MAME, along with a PS3, PS2, XBOX 360, Nin64, Dreamcast, Wii and modded Xbox in a shelf next to it.

:rockon:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The console with the joysticks and buttons isn't set up correctly with my computer, so I don't use my arcade that much. It's like you need a electrical engineering degree in order to figure it out.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little messy but here:

I think I spy a Rock Band box under there. :band:

We loved that thing. I eventually got so tired of waiting for new music DLC to come out for it that I ended up getting into the real thing again.

Edit to not completely hijack the thread. Something, something, Starfield looks really good!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have predownloaded it, but I won't be getting the digital version upgrade from Game Pass that lets you play it early.

I'm still cramming for a cybersecurity certification. The most gaming I have done all month is playing Tabletop with Chaplin.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have predownloaded it, but I won't be getting the digital version upgrade from Game Pass that lets you play it early.

I'm still cramming for a cybersecurity certification. The most gaming I have done all month is playing Tabletop with Chaplin.
CISSP?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, just security +. I have 20+ years of IT experience, but I'm trying to move into Cyber and want that cert to get me through the door. Can't get CISSP without relevant experience. If you know someone hiring, I'm interested.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nah, just security +. I have 20+ years of IT experience, but I'm trying to move into Cyber and want that cert to get me through the door. Can't get CISSP without relevant experience. If you know someone hiring, I'm interested.
No idea about the Arizona market, but surely it’s gotta be as strong as the Midwest. I’m a Horizon systems admin and thankfully we’ve got a couple of dedicated cybersecurity engineers.