Star Wars: Battlefront

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be on the main dashboard to the right under my games and apps.

You can also just go to games with gold on your computer and initiate the downloads from there.

Thanks. Do you do the xbox live rewards thing?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you do the xbox live rewards thing?
I do but for the most part I never earn rewards as they are mostly given out based on you buying all kinds of crap and i dont buy a lot of stuff.

But for moments like how, apparently me new xbox one s from the Microsoft store comes with 15000 credits which i think will be $15 on the xbox so its free money because I was a rewards member.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Do you get a lot of spam due to the rewards thing?

I can tell I'm going to need a hard drive pretty soon if I want to take advantage of the free games with gold.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't do it. It isn't worth the trouble.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Do you get a lot of spam due to the rewards thing?

I can tell I'm going to need a hard drive pretty soon if I want to take advantage of the free games with gold.
I do not, I get about one email a month I believe. its not bad at all.

You will want a harddrive, IMO. I just bought another one on amazon, the 5TB if real close to $100 now where 2TB are like 90 so go big.

Looks like it is $113 right now. Games load and install faster on an extrnal as well:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not, I get about one email a month I believe. its not bad at all.

You will want a harddrive, IMO. I just bought another one on amazon, the 5TB if real close to $100 now where 2TB are like 90 so go big.

Looks like it is $113 right now. Games load and install faster on an extrnal as well:

Which drive in particular are you looking at for 5TB?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently amazon doesnt want us direct linking to products so here is the title of the product:

Seagate Expansion 5TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB5000100)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol right after you bought it, it goes into the EA vault:

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can get the Free Games With Gold without having to actually install them on your Xbox One. Once you get them, they'll start downloading in the queue, but you can cancel the download & they'll always be available to install later on in your "Ready to Install" section under My Games & Apps.

Hard drive space does go really fast though & games take a long time to download & install so having the extra HD that BRR mentioned is helpful if you plan on replaying the same games a lot, but still want to play new games too. Or you can just delete games when you're done with them to make room for new ones.

The refurbished 500GB Xbox One that I just got came with about 365GB of useable storage space. A lot of the games take up to 40GB of space... load about 8 of those on your Xbox & you're done.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get the Free Games With Gold without having to actually install them on your Xbox One. Once you get them, they'll start downloading in the queue, but you can cancel the download & they'll always be available to install later on in your "Ready to Install" section under My Games & Apps.

Hard drive space does go really fast though & games take a long time to download & install so having the extra HD that BRR mentioned is helpful if you plan on replaying the same games a lot, but still want to play new games too. Or you can just delete games when you're done with them to make room for new ones.

The refurbished 500GB Xbox One that I just got came with about 365GB of useable storage space. A lot of the games take up to 40GB of space... load about 8 of those on your Xbox & you're done.

Ah, good tip on the Games W/ Gold. Thanks.

The hard drive and another controller will be my next purchases.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, good tip on the Games W/ Gold. Thanks.

The hard drive and another controller will be my next purchases.

there is an OG controller and a new version with bluetooth. Supposedly there are a few other improvements on the new one including the shoulder buyttons being softer or something.

Right now several sales are going on bringing it under $60

IE:
That is a new black bluetooth cbox controller that is out of stock but can still be ordered at $45.

Same price for the old remote:

there are specialty controllers (like blue or gears of war) from 60-70.

You can also get the elite controller, I so want one but they are like $150 so I will probably never get it. It is on sale now at the microsoft store for $130 though AND you get a $25 credit.

on 12/11 at the microsoft store online:
Buy select Xbox controllers and get a $25 Microsoft Store gift code.

on 12/12: Save $50 and get 2 free games with select Xbox One consoles, plus save big on Xbox accessories and games.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for those lame ass amazon ads, youll be able to find it if you search on amazon.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good finds there, BRR. I have a Gamestop pro account that does accessory sales a lot too. It just depends on how quickly the Mrs wants to jump on the new system. :)

I just installed AC Unity over lunch so I should be able to jump on something after band practice tonight!!

BTW, my gamertag is jaysweenie. Who wants to be attacked by Jay's weenie? :eek:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good finds there, BRR. I have a Gamestop pro account that does accessory sales a lot too. It just depends on how quickly the Mrs wants to jump on the new system. :)

I just installed AC Unity over lunch so I should be able to jump on something after band practice tonight!!

BTW, my gamertag is jaysweenie. Who wants to be attacked by Jay's weenie? :eek:
lol

"you were killed by JaysWeenie"

I believe I just sent you a friend request.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is amazing. I've been doing the skirmishes so far to get the handle on the controls, but I would say I've put in about 90 minutes and I can't believe how immersive this thing is. Ship battles are great too, but I'm not as good flying yet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is amazing. I've been doing the skirmishes so far to get the handle on the controls, but I would say I've put in about 90 minutes and I can't believe how immersive this thing is. Ship battles are great too, but I'm not as good flying yet.

It was telling me I could join your game the other day, I kept trying and it wouldnt let me, i was all irritated but then went to your gamertag and saw you were not online and it all made sense. I just wanted to randomly pop in and shoot you.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was telling me I could join your game the other day, I kept trying and it wouldnt let me, i was all irritated but then went to your gamertag and saw you were not online and it all made sense. I just wanted to randomly pop in and shoot you.

That's cool. You keep on trying to find jaysweenie. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard