STAR WARS: EPISODE X - A NEW BEGINNING

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up with the original trilogy and was lucky enough to have seen them all on the big screen as they were released. Yes, that means I am old. LOL Anyway, like many of the OT fans, I bagged on the prequel trilogy for Jar Jar and other things, but the Disney trilogy gave me a new respect for the prequel trilogy. At least the prequels seemed planned out and had a beginning, a middle, and an end. The Disney trilogy was a discombobulated mess.

I am looking forward to new standalone films or maybe a new series, but not amped up for more of Rey Palpatine. ;)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This is just another reason I'm rooting for Peltz next month. Kennedy and most of LucusFilm should have been fired after the Disney trilogy instead they're doubling down on that garbage.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just another reason I'm rooting for Peltz next month. Kennedy and most of LucusFilm should have been fired after the Disney trilogy instead they're doubling down on that garbage.
It is so true. I was listening to the Full of Sith Star Wars podcast from their beginning episodes and catching up to modern day. It was so painful to hear the anticipation and pure joy in their voices as they covered the sale to Disney and the announcements of the new films coming out. Every episode they were giddy and telling one another, "Can you believe we're getting a new movie every year for like...forever?" Then Solo came out...and The Last Jedi...then it was announced that besides Episode IX all other films would be put on hold or scrapped indefinitely... Ouch.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I truly hope they have a plan this time and a coherent strategy. I think people have a right to be highly skeptical. TFA is still one of my favorite Star Wars movies but I hated TLJ and ROS was OK but contrived fan service.

Please please start with a quality script.