Star Wars: Battlefront

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The 2 Jedi Knight games were probably my favorite Star Wars games, although I did like Rogue Squadron for PC/Gamecube and the Knights of the Old Republic games.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2 Jedi Knight games were probably my favorite Star Wars games, although I did like Rogue Squadron for PC/Gamecube and the Knights of the Old Republic games.

Agreed. Jedi Knight games were probably my favorite and then the Knights of the Old Republic games next. Crud...now I want to dig out the old Jedi Knight games and play through them. LOL.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the campaigns of the Jedi Knight games.

dont think i played those

watched others play kotor but never got into it myself. I think I am just nostalgic for shadows of the empire. It had racing, flying, tripping atats, ground combat, all kinds of stuff.

were the jedi knight games the side scrolling lightsaber fighting game? kinda like lego games with star wars players?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont think i played those

watched others play kotor but never got into it myself. I think I am just nostalgic for shadows of the empire. It had racing, flying, tripping atats, ground combat, all kinds of stuff.

were the jedi knight games the side scrolling lightsaber fighting game? kinda like lego games with star wars players?

No they were first person shooters with a fun campaign and some online multiplayer to boot. I don't recall if the first one had online multiplayer but the second one did or maybe that was Jedi Academy. I don't recall now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No they were first person shooters with a fun campaign and some online multiplayer to boot. I don't recall if the first one had online multiplayer but the second one did.
ah yes I remember playing that online and having a lot of fun

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah yes I remember playing that online and having a lot of fun

I might be confusing those two with Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy for the online part. Because there was one game in the series that was built around you developing a Jedi or other characters. It was focused online. They all blur together now.

However, those few games right around that time were by far my favorite Star Wars games of that time.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Redbox has a $8.99 sale going on used copies of Star Wars Battlefront for both the Xbox One & PS4 if you can find a copy for sale at a redbox in your area. Redbox games come in the same hard clamshell case that they rent with so there's no original box/artwork.

There are 3 Redbox's within a few miles from me that have it available.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was all on-board to buy it after seeing the trailer, visually stunning, but I was bothered by nearly every review saying it was boring.

Which seemed odd. How can a shooty war game be boring? They are always fun. But still I see all these same posts saying its boring. So I wasn't about to shell out $70 on a whim

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was all on-board to buy it after seeing the trailer, visually stunning, but I was bothered by nearly every review saying it was boring.

Which seemed odd. How can a shooty war game be boring? They are always fun. But still I see all these same posts saying its boring. So I wasn't about to shell out $70 on a whim

It's definitely not boring. I think where much of that came from was that there was no campaign level play. So, if you are not very much into multi-player the mission levels rang hollow. However, the new Skirmish mode allows you to play all the multiplayer levels now against bots with others if you want.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i didnt think it was boring, played the crap out of it for a month or two.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I am going to get rehooked playing this again.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
XBone + Kinect + 5 games on the way! Bought the SW Battlefront Unlimited version and have a 6-month Live card too. Can't wait! :jedi:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
XBone + Kinect + 5 games on the way! Bought the SW Battlefront Unlimited version and have a 6-month Live card too. Can't wait! :jedi:
12 months live on groupon right now for $40, you can stack it on top and have 18 months dialed in.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont see them selling the expansion pack/season pass at a discount, just buying the whole game with the season pass. They seem to do this a lot as I am always waiting for season pass to be like $20 and it never happens yet the $100 version of the game will be $40 a year later. Dont understand why they do not discount the season passes.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont see them selling the expansion pack/season pass at a discount, just buying the whole game with the season pass. They seem to do this a lot as I am always waiting for season pass to be like $20 and it never happens yet the $100 version of the game will be $40 a year later. Dont understand why they do not discount the season passes.

They would if they weren't selling at full price. ;)

P.S. The unlimited version was only $40.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They would if they weren't selling at full price. ;)

P.S. The unlimited version was only $40.
Yeah I just already own the game so essentially that would get me $10 off of the season pass. You would think they would discount these season passes. Call of duty ghosts has been out 3 years and it has never been discounted yet I can buy the game with the pass for $30. If they would just drop the season pass to $20, they could get a last minute huge cash grab before people stop playing.

Congrats on the purchase! I HIGHLY recommend getting rocket league, its always under $20 and sooooo worth it.

Also, be sure to post your gamertag. It will make one for you and then you get to change it once for free

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally received the Xbone yesterday and had about an hour and a half to set it up. Took about 40 minutes of updates and then another 15 to put battlefront on the hard drive. Created my account and then, it was time to go to bed! I have band practice tonight so I probably won't get any time on this thing until tomorrow night. :bang:

First world problems. :rolleyes:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just already own the game so essentially that would get me $10 off of the season pass. You would think they would discount these season passes. Call of duty ghosts has been out 3 years and it has never been discounted yet I can buy the game with the pass for $30. If they would just drop the season pass to $20, they could get a last minute huge cash grab before people stop playing.

Congrats on the purchase! I HIGHLY recommend getting rocket league, its always under $20 and sooooo worth it.

Also, be sure to post your gamertag. It will make one for you and then you get to change it once for free

You just have to keep an eye out for it. I remember it was discounted in maybe October in the year after it came out. They usually discount them right before the new one comes out for a week.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally received the Xbone yesterday and had about an hour and a half to set it up. Took about 40 minutes of updates and then another 15 to put battlefront on the hard drive. Created my account and then, it was time to go to bed! I have band practice tonight so I probably won't get any time on this thing until tomorrow night. :bang:

First world problems. :rolleyes:

so annoying having a new game and not being able to play it when installing!

You just have to keep an eye out for it. I remember it was discounted in maybe October in the year after it came out. They usually discount them right before the new one comes out for a week.

I try my best, watching games with gold and etc. it seems they always sell definitive edition and etc at dicsounts but i never seem to find season passes at a discount. Like with ghosts, I would totally pay $20 to have new 8 maps and play the game again. Otherwise, I just dont play the game and dont give them money :shrug: I would do the same with battlefield.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do you find the games with gold section on Live?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do you find the games with gold section on Live?

It should be on the main dashboard to the right under my games and apps.

You can also just go to games with gold on your computer and initiate the downloads from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard