Star Wars News

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes, I was a huge LotR fan from the books before the movies came out. I prefer sticking to the source as much a possible but allow for changes that make sense for the different mediums. Like in the movies I didn't mind not having Bombadil or condensing the time lines but stuff like the changes to Faramir or him taking Frodo and Same to Osgiliath drive me nuts.

RoP had too much stupid in it though to be called good writing. I'll leave it for now though. We don't need to highjack the SW thread more. SW has enough issues on its own.
Agreed on the Faramir stuff completely. Disagree on RoP. I bet you hated the Hobbit movies :)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Agreed! Part of why I'd wanted Peter "Dollar sign of the rings" to never direct again. He went for bloat to make a da money.
From what I've heard I blame WB more than Jackson. It was a Guillermo del Toro project that they brought him back to rescue. Then from what I heard they're the ones that forced it to be a trilogy and had huge time constraints that didn't allow him to rework what he inherited from Guillermo. Jackson is to blame for a bunch of it but I think those things forced his hand a bit.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
From what I've heard I blame WB more than Jackson. It was a Guillermo del Toro project that they brought him back to rescue. Then from what I heard they're the ones that forced it to be a trilogy and had huge time constraints that didn't allow him to rework what he inherited from Guillermo. Jackson is to blame for a bunch of it but I think those things forced his hand a bit.
He could have always said no. The paycheck was too great to do that, though.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Wars is old news for me. Couldn’t care less where this goes. I was a youngster when the original came out, and after the Empire Strikes Back, the rest just don’t come close.

I truly believe both Andor and Rogue One are phenomenal.

Mandalorian is great too.