Stadium 5/11/06

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
I have a feeling these might be bugging some of you, but I know others enjoy the updates. If you want me to stop, just let me know. If not I'll keep you all updated as best as I can with the progress.

Saw the roof open for the first time today. (This is going to be awesome!) Finally got decent directions to the locker rooms, but the player's was getting painted so I didn't want to go in there. The turf is growing at an alarming rate, and the unofficial first roll in/out of the tray is supposed to be Monday. I will be there! Just some other miscellaneous shots. This place is changing every day. I wish I could give you all the opportunity to check the place out, but paying the bills is a good thing.
:thumbup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ds512az

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
Those guys were humpin' their you know whats off getting those soda machines in...

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome - thanks for sharing!!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and if they do indeed do the the feild rool on monday pleae get a pick of hte field inside

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know its just the way the pic is and teh angles etc... But man that field doesnt look anywhere near like a full sized football field.

Could you imagine after construction was done and the grass was grown they went out to put the lines on the field and realized they were about 30 yards to short! :eek:

Attachments

• field%20growing.jpg
    field%20growing.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 485

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
Notice how the cheerleaders showers got the most views. Do you think you could get another picture of that shower 10 minutes after the 1st game???????????

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I know its just the way the pic is and teh angles etc... But man that field doesnt look anywhere near like a full sized football field.

Could you imagine after construction was done and the grass was grown they went out to put the lines on the field and realized they were about 30 yards to short! :eek:

It does look kind of short doesn't it.

I would hope that it would be large enough so that both teams can stand on the sidelines and not have to worry about falling off the edge. Or if a player is running hard, and gets pushed out of bounds, only to realize they're about to fall of the edge.

Quick someone say something to make me stop thinking negative thoughts!

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
thirty-two said:

I would hope that it would be large enough so that both teams can stand on the sidelines and not have to worry about falling off the edge. Or if a player is running hard, and gets pushed out of bounds, only to realize they're about to fall of the edge.

We were just talking about this yesterday...

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=72519

OP
OP
ds512az

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
thirty-two said:

I asked about this yesterday, and no one seems to really know what they are going to do about the sidelines. I'm sure they have a plan... but I haven't heard it yet.

RedForeman

Registered
Reaction score
Shane H said:

Interesting point...I wonder just how much space there is beyond the sidelines with a design like this?

I know that can be an issue at SDS, that there is limited space when plays go out of bounds along the sidelines. The chain-link fence can be a bit close at times due to the amount of space that the walkway takes up that circles the field.

It will be interesting to see if they limited that space in this case due to the weight of the rolling tray. I hope not but it's never been done before.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RedForeman said:
Interesting point...I wonder just how much space there is beyond the sidelines with a design like this?

I know that can be an issue at SDS, that there is limited space when plays go out of bounds along the sidelines. The chain-link fence can be a bit close at times due to the amount of space that the walkway takes up that circles the field.

It will be interesting to see if they limited that space in this case due to the weight of the rolling tray. I hope not but it's never been done before.

Yup. I mean if you look at the picture and try to imagine 10 yard increments it looks really small. I mean a football field needs to be at a minimum 120 yards long and 50 yards wide. In the Pic it looks short on both accounts. You would think there would have to be extra space as well.... I know its probably more than big enough. It just doesnt look like it.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Yup. I mean if you look at the picture and try to imagine 10 yard increments it looks really small. I mean a football field needs to be at a minimum 120 yards long and 50 yards wide. In the Pic it looks short on both accounts. You would think there would have to be extra space as well.... I know its probably more than big enough. It just doesnt look like it.

Look at the field in relation to the objects around it. Notice the black pickup truck there - how many yards long is the average pickup truck?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivercard said:
Look at the field in relation to the objects around it. Notice the black pickup truck there - how many yards long is the average pickup truck?

I would say around 15-20 feet or about 5 to 7 yards for a truck. Also the truck is further away than the field as is that tractor so really hard to judge.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
boy - things are slow when we are worrying if the field is too small

this is in a stadium where they were obsessing if a rail was 1/32 of an inch off spec

On the day when they roll it in if it turns out that there is this 4' gap that is 30" deep around the edge of the field, one trip to Home Depot for some 1" thick plywood and some astroturf fixes that

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
en fuego said:
boy - things are slow when we are worrying if the field is too small

this is in a stadium where they were obsessing if a rail was 1/32 of an inch off spec

On the day when they roll it in if it turns out that there is this 4' gap that is 30" deep around the edge of the field, one trip to Home Depot for some 1" thick plywood and some astroturf fixes that
:D

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see the field inside the stadium. :thumbup:

Bobcat

Reaction score
Shane H said:

Great post...!!! Another new Cardinal invention. Boise University palys on "Blue Turf". The Cardinals play on Desert Brown Sod.

Please Green up fast...!!!

Bobcat...!!!

TruColor

Reaction score
ds512az said:
The turf is growing at an alarming rate, and the unofficial first roll in/out of the tray is supposed to be Monday. I will be there!

Did this happen today? Any pics?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
dmoney said:
Notice how the cheerleaders showers got the most views. Do you think you could get another picture of that shower 10 minutes after the 1st game???????????

Very dissappointing too, I might add.

Sort of like clicking on a link that says hot chicks and getting a picture of baby chickens in an incubator.

OP
OP
ds512az

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
Did this happen today? Any pics?
No it didn't. But I was able to watch "Ice Age" on the big screen as they were testing that. They were cleaning everything off the floor like something was happening soon. I should be heading back out there today, so maybe it'll happen then.

TruColor

Reaction score
ds512az said:
No it didn't. But I was able to watch "Ice Age" on the big screen as they were testing that. They were cleaning everything off the floor like something was happening soon. I should be heading back out there today, so maybe it'll happen then.

How was the resolution on that bad boy? I'm guessing it didn't suck...

:thumbup:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's for the pics. I get all smiley and giggley every time I see pics of the stadium. Keep em coming!