Songs that KILL IT!

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You do realize that our idea of songs that "KILL IT" probably don't align well with the rest of this group. Anyway, I like your list although I'm surprised to see "I Remember You" on it. I like the song but it always makes me think Slim Whitman missed out on a song. What do I know though, I almost put "Green Door" (Frankie Vaughn's version) on my list.

Steve

Yeah. Totally. But we lived the birth of rock so we rock. I was just feeling tremendously mellow and decided on my own definition of "Kill It". Slim Whitman, BTW, does not, could not, never could, never will "Kill It". ;)

How about "Sympathy for the Devil" which, legend tells us, is what the Stones were playing in Altamont at the moment the deed was done. Does that fit the definition of "kill it"?

Here's one more that I think Kills It: I Love L.A. - Randy Newman

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Totally. But we lived the birth of rock so we rock. I was just feeling tremendously mellow and decided on my own definition of "Kill It". Slim Whitman, BTW, does not, could not, never could, never will "Kill It". ;)

How about "Sympathy for the Devil" which, legend tells us, is what the Stones were playing in Altamont at the moment the deed was done. Does that fit the definition of "kill it"?

Here's one more that I think Kills It: I Love L.A. - Randy Newman

I could never be friends with someone that didn't love at least the opening of Sympathy For The Devil. The problem is, though, once you bring the Stones up, they have an entire catalog that "kills it". And if you can sneak Randy Newman in there then I can suggest Tom Waits "Frank's Wild years". Never could stand that dog.

Steve

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Joan Jett & The Blackhearts version of Do You Wanna Touch Me

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two More:

Pat Travers - Snortin Whisky
ZZ Top - La Grange

Thats total 70s AOR rock there, and Im an old punk, but those tunes totally KILL IT!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pat Travers - Snortin Whisky

My buddy Keith played drums with Travers back in the day. I'll have to look up and see if I have video of that song now ... I didn't know anyone else around here listened to Travers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Icky Thump!

That's a real song title? You didn't just dip your fingers in peanut butter before typing?

BTW, I like White Stripes but that song did nothing for me on my first listen. I'll give it another try 10 years from now to see if it improves over time.

Steve

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a real song title? You didn't just dip your fingers in peanut butter before typing?

BTW, I like White Stripes but that song did nothing for me on my first listen. I'll give it another try 10 years from now to see if it improves over time.

Steve
I also like Seven Armies. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also like Seven Armies. :)

Are we talking (From the queen of England to the hounds of Hell) 7 Nation Armies or is this something I don't know about. If so, I've only heard the live version and I also like it.

Steve

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we talking (From the queen of England to the hounds of Hell) 7 Nation Armies or is this something I don't know about. If so, I've only heard the live version and I also like it.

Steve
Yeah, I think that is the song. I also heard a band from Crete sing Seven Armies live and it KILLED!!

NOTE: It is called Seven Nation Army.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love Icky Thump and Seven Nation Army. Also love Fell In Love With a Girl and Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground. All of them have great guitar hooks.

I can't remember any single Raconteurs song, but I find myself listening to all their albums without any playlisting. They rock as well. Jack White is cool.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Here's my contribution:

For the metalheads, one of the baddest, nastiest, rawest, heaviest riffs in history on Shadows Fall's 'Crushing Belial':

For everyone else, the best damned song EVER written by Pink Floyd, 'Dogs':

Bonus Shadows Fall ('My Demise') that just KILLS on drums and riffs:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love Icky Thump and Seven Nation Army. Also love Fell In Love With a Girl and Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground. All of them have great guitar hooks.

I can't remember any single Raconteurs song, but I find myself listening to all their albums without any playlisting. They rock as well. Jack White is cool.

I could listen to this song all day long.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those that liked the music from the mid-60's. Check out "Take A Heart" by the Sorrows. If you listen to it on YouTube, go with the studio version, not the live version from Germany.

Steve