Some things remain the same

Reaction score
I think not either. In my opinion, it is sad that he is looked to as a leader, but is a lousy role model. Too many times last year, it seems like the defense worked our way out of imminent trouble, only to have him go 'all Dockett' on us and get a stupid 15 yarder for unsportsmanlike, or personal foul. In fact that was not just from last year, that seems to have been a trait of his.

I'd like for you to name one example where this happened last year. Pretty interesting that we'd have such a dominant defense when we have a loose cannon running around on deck.

I can't remember DD ever getting an unsportsmanlike penalty or personal foul. Last year or otherwise. :shrug:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I just about completely agree with your post. He used to be a dominant 3-4 DE but once he was switched to 4-3, it killed a lot of his game. He hasn't been able to find his DE instincts thus far. It would be interesting to see him a NT. He would definitely have the advantage against centers. I'm not a big fan with Dumpster Dan and this would help clear that. Too bad we still don't have Scho. I can see him or to a lesser extent Acho at DE with Dockett at NT.

I like Dan Williams, but it just seems silly to me to have him as a 1 gap NT even if he drops weight. The other bonuses for Dockett at NT for me is he is closer to the QB and his weakness is minimized by being in the middle rather than to one side. While you can scheme vs Dockett at DE, he demands a double team over the C because most C's just can't match his quickness.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Hortonless

DD sacked Whiz and Horton - He refused to execute the called play- spit in Rhodes face when called out, ripping apart the locker room and the 2012 team at the dreams of 2013-

They couldn't hire Horton after that- How could you? - you just had mutiny on game day- I told all years ago - if DD was our leader- He would lead us right down the toilet. AW, Rhodes, CC are not weak characters, yet DD dismisses them and does his own thing.

Look at DD's career stats and justify his elite pay? I can't - flipping off the coaches -plus crap he does off the field, then he acts stupid, apologizes, promises to not distract- last about 15 seconds. He's a thug and a selfish thug- Would be a stupid Niner in 3 shakes of a lambs tail- and happy to be there.

I'd like for you to name one example where this happened last year. Pretty interesting that we'd have such a dominant defense when we have a loose cannon running around on deck.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard