So What’s Wrong With Kyler Murray?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That is the exact opposite of what I said.

You brought up "unquestioning support". I said choosing to see all of the really positive attributes and potential in someone while also recognizing the opportunities to grow isn't "unquestioning support".
Who wants unquestioning support of anything? Nobody should want to be lemmings. If you unquestionably support anything about this team you deserve every bit of misery it heaps upon you lol

Stout

Reaction score
I'm tired of this "He's missing Hudson" or "He's missing Nuk" or "it's the O line/Kliff/aliens" nonsense.

Aaron Rodgers beat us without half his O line and most his WRs. His best WR was Randall Cobb.

Real deal QBs find a way to win by studying and working hard. They grab the mantle and take responsibility. Kyler simply isn't close to this yet.
Preach, brother.

Stout

Reaction score
Pat Mahomes waited a year and had the best play caller and a ready made team ready for a good qb. And he also had 3 years in college. Stop it.
Yeah, we're 100 percent DONE giving KM extra freaking SEASONS of excuses because the poor wittle kid didn't pway enough football in college. This is just a ridiculous excuse. Tough ish, kid! This is the NFL, the big boy's league, and you don't get extra YEARS to develop as the #1 overall pick. I'm not going to just allow an extra 2 years for him to make the same stupid mistakes in the 2nd half of the year because he played 2 years less than Mahommes in college. KM needs to bust his tail and do everything he possibly can to close that gap and get better--which he has already admitted he isn't doing because of his "cognitive ability" smdh

Stout

Reaction score
Hilarious. This is the massive excuse that some people on this board use to mask that they just plain don't like Kyler. If you can't see what he has accomplished, the talent, and that he is the first legit franchise QB we have had in a very long time (probably longer than those complaining have followed the team)...then be happy being miserable.

Some of us are choosing to look at the big picture and enjoy.
Oh, so now if anyone dares criticize him, they just don't like Kyler? Is the view good from down there?

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Again, measuring yourself against crap isn’t really measuring anything at all.

This franchise will never be really legit until it starts trying to compete with the best in the league as opposed to its own pathetic history.

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler is a top 10 QB in the league stat wise which is not a bad place to be. The problem is that he seems to regress as the season goes on and does not look to be getting better as his career develops. Kyler covers up a lot of mistakes and bad decisions with flashy athletic ability and the occasional big play. I think people just want him to put his below the shoulders ability together with some above the shoulders stuff. Kyler comes across as a super talented athlete that does not seem to think he needs coaching or help. I think he needs a real QB coach to develop him into what I think he can be but that's my opinion.

People who want to compare Kyler to other QB's and complain that it's the teams fault not his should look at Tua, a guy who has half the raw physical ability of kyler. Tua has fewer weapons, injuries at the WR position all year, I think the worst rated O line in the league, a 3rd year coach and he is on a historically bad team. Despite all this and the drama of the team wanting Watson over him to start the season he is playing smart football and winning. The guy is always super positive and he appears from the eye test to be understanding how to play QB at the NFL level. He is showing the kind of development and resolve I wish Kyler would.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler is a top 10 QB in the league stat wise which is not a bad place to be. The problem is that he seems to regress as the season goes on and does not look to be getting better as his career develops. Kyler covers up a lot of mistakes and bad decisions with flashy athletic ability and the occasional big play. I think people just want him to put his below the shoulders ability together with some above the shoulders stuff. Kyler comes across as a super talented athlete that does not seem to think he needs coaching or help. I think he needs a real QB coach to develop him into what I think he can be but that's my opinion.

People who want to compare Kyler to other QB's and complain that it's the teams fault not his should look at Tua, a guy who has half the raw physical ability of kyler. Tua has fewer weapons, injuries at the WR position all year, I think the worst rated O line in the league, a 3rd year coach and he is on a historically bad team. Despite all this and the drama of the team wanting Watson over him to start the season he is playing smart football and winning. The guy is always super positive and he appears from the eye test to be understanding how to play QB at the NFL level. He is showing the kind of development and resolve I wish Kyler would.
Well, I still would take Kyler over Tua any day of the week and twice on Sunday but I get your point on playing smart. Now AJ Green might not support my take but I think Joe Burrow is a great young QB :)

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, I still would take Kyler over Tua any day of the week and twice on Sunday but I get your point on playing smart. Now AJ Green might not support my take but I think Joe Burrow is a great young QB :)
No doubt Kyler is a better talent. I'm just comparing him against another young QB who is working with less and playing good football.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one is comparing kyler to those guys . . . except you Russ. That’s a straw man argument.

I think the point evaded you, the point is he's WAY better than anything we've ever had in a young QB in Arizona. The only Cardinal QB ever who was this good this young was Lomax(without the running) but that was before they got to Arizona.

He can be better, we need him to be better, but people are over reacting to those comments IMO.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler had three years in NFL. He is good. Nothing special unless conditions are perfect around him. Also the best Young QB Cardinals ever had. What does this mean? Ride the boat with Kyler sink or swim. #FACTS

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kingsbury has to adjust.
What bothers Kyler the most? It’s push up the middle.

We need to call some designed roll outs/ moving pocket and force the defense to move. Teams know right where Kyler is going to be and their mission is to keep him there.

Watch the Rams. They play action to the left. Stafford rolls to his right and has nothing but green in front of him.why can’t we?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler had three years in NFL. He is good. Nothing special unless conditions are perfect around him. Also the best Young QB Cardinals ever had. What does this mean? Ride the boat with Kyler sink or swim. #FACTS

It means the Arizona cardinals have never had a better young QB than Kyler Murray.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally out of context. Back then, the Cardinals were so bad just getting to the playoffs was a huge accomplishment.

Our expectations are now in line with the other 31 teams.
Lol... seriously.

That was as big of a stretch as I’ve seen in a while.

I mean... @TheCardFan you went and took the time to go back and find a post... from 2005... when we were routinely horrible and hadn’t even gotten into the new Stadium yet to pull that quote completely out of context? I mean... that’s hilarious.

Expectations have changed since 2005, when we had gotten to the playoffs ONCE in 17 years
and only won a single game, as opposed to the last 12 where we’ve been to the playoffs 4 times, been in contention for the playoffs multiple others, gone to 2 NFC Title Games and a Super Bowl.

If your expectations are still where the franchise was at in 2005, that’s a complete and utter loser mentality. One I hope to God our FO doesn’t have.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’ve hit on one of my key concerns. If the line can’t form a decent pocket and protect Murray, why not roll him out. One of his major improvements this season has been to recognize he can pull up and throw. Sadly he only does this when running for his life from pass rushers, not as the result of designed plays. This is so Kingsbury. He ignores traditional solutions that have worked for years and instead wants to reinvent the wheel. It’s just sad! I’ve seen enough of Murray throwing on the run to know he’s at least decent. Doing it without so much pressure should produce even better results. I really don’t think we know how much better Murray can be. I’d like to find out.

Especially sad when both the Rams and Colts murdered us deep with bootlegs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the bigger difference is Mahomes got to learn 3 years at TT with KK and then redshirt a year in NFL then start with a playoff team and a seasoned NFL coach.

I am not saying K1 is as talented as Mahomes but what bar are we holding him to? Some people seem pissed that he isn't already the GOAT.

Kyler has started 44 NFL games. Plus 3 years of practice against an NFL defense. His learning should have been over long ago.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The problem is that he's a fair weather QB. He's great when the pressure is off or in neutral situations.

If you asked me to choose a QB to lead us back from 3 points down in Q4 in any game after week 12 Kyler wouldn't even make my top 15.

Hell if you asked me for a QB to start such a game after week 12 Kyler wouldn't be in my top 15.

The reason we are all pissed off is we all know he has the talent top be a top 3 QB in the league. He showed that this season. But he's not, because we also know that he isn't putting the mental work in. Which is frustrating.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler was a tease, is a tease and will always be a tease.

Burrow and Herbert are a better than Murray. They both play can this game 15 more years as pure passers.

Even with these facts, Murray is the best player Cardinals ever drafted at QB. Gotta hope Cardinals can win a super bowl in the next three 2-3 years before Murray's athleticsm wanes.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that he's a fair weather QB. He's great when the pressure is off or in neutral situations.

If you asked me to choose a QB to lead us back from 3 points down in Q4 in any game after week 12 Kyler wouldn't even make my top 15.

Hell if you asked me for a QB to start such a game after week 12 Kyler wouldn't be in my top 15.

The reason we are all pissed off is we all know he has the talent top be a top 3 QB in the league. He showed that this season. But he's not, because we also know that he isn't putting the mental work in. Which is frustrating.
Your personal top rankings
Where can i see all of them?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler was a tease, is a tease and will always be a tease.

Burrow and Herbert are a better than Murray. They both play can this game 15 more years as pure passers.

Even with these facts, Murray is the best player Cardinals ever drafted at QB. Gotta hope Cardinals can win a super bowl in the next three 2-3 years before Murray's athleticsm wanes.

What about the array of weapons Burrow has? We have a star receiver but isn't fast, then no much
Burrow has three guys that can fly for 99 yards

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@DVontel Might want to add Josh Allen to the list of QBs who win games with 3 intercepions.

Stafford may come back to win his 2nd 3 turnover game in a row.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson