Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What about De'Aaron Fox? Could/should we get that guy? Would he play backup PG behind CP3 for a contender?

He makes waaaaaaay too much money, he is on a Booker contract. And he has fallen off a cliff this season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No that’s not it at all.

But it goes both ways the haters hate even on stuff he does well.For example on the game thread

Saying “since he rarely gets 10 rebounds” when in fact he averages 10.5 for the season. Even you can see that. Trying to knock his rebounding by saying he pretty much never gets the number that he averages.

Or saying he doesn’t dive hard on the pick and roll when in fact he does it very well and it’s been noted last year and this year that him and Paul are near the top of the league in pick and roll efficiency.

Is he perfect? On defense he’s pretty damn good almost elite, but on offense he def takes a back seat.

I don’t think he’s ever gonna be that guy. That ultra aggressive big man on offense. That’s just not him.
I said he doesn’t dive AS HARD as Javale and Biz. There is a distinction there. And it speaks to the aggression thing you yourself mentioned. Not everything is as black and white as you want to make it.

As for the 10.5 rebounds thing, that was an overstatement by Chris but I’m guessing it was based on recent bias where Ayton just hasn’t been on the court all that much since Xmas and when he has, he’s only had double digit rebounds in 2 of 9 games. He was a beast early in the season before Covid/Ankles and hopefully he get back to that on the boards because we’ll definitely need him to. He just hasn’t quite been the same player whether that’s due to Covid or his ankle or he’s just not totally locked in right now.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ayton would without a doubt get more touches on a worse team.
CP3 and Book are some ball hungry mfers.
Then you got Crowder and Mikal.
It's amazing that he gets a chance to touch the ball at all.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said he doesn’t dive AS HARD as Javale and Biz. It speaks to the aggression thing you yourself mentioned. Not everything is as black and white as you want to make it.

But in reality he’s better at diving to the basket than both of those guys.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The measuring stick is that he is getting less touches for the benefit of the team and isn't complaining. He is sacrificing his own offensive stats for the good of the team... I don't see how this is even debatable.
Here’s the difference. You think he’s good enough to sacrifice his own stats. I think that right now the offensive player he is, is what he is. He’s not sacrificing because there is nothing for him to sacrifice. Yet. He simply doesn’t have it in him to be consistent in the offensive end.

There is a conversation to be had if you think he’s not being developed offensively. And there is merit to that. But that’s mainly because he’s on a championship contender.

Making him out to be a saint because he is purposely scoring less points simply doesn’t apply here. If he was really as good as you say then we would have signed him to the full max last summer.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the difference. You think he’s good enough to sacrifice his own stats. I think that right now the offensive player he is, is what he is. He’s not sacrificing because there is nothing for him to sacrifice. Yet. He simply doesn’t have it in him to be consistent in the offensive end.

There is a conversation to be had if you think he’s not being developed offensively. And there is merit to that. But that’s mainly because he’s on a championship contender.

Making him out to be a saint because he is purposely scoring less points simply doesn’t apply here. If he was really as good as you say then we would have signed him to the full max last summer.
Do you like it when the other side changes the conversation, distorts the facts and makes up ridiculous claims?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The measuring stick is that he is getting less touches for the benefit of the team and isn't complaining. He is sacrificing his own offensive stats for the good of the team... I don't see how this is even debatable.
It’s not, but Chaplin and others will die trying

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This Ayton discussion is so stupid on multiple levels, and I should’ve know better than to chime in

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Listen til the end of what Monty says about DA. He’s averaging 16 and 11 and he still hasn’t put it all together. I think it’s a mentality thing….tomorrow is a perfect example. Joel can put 30-40 on him but what does he do back? Does he get him in foul trouble? Does he shrink? He needs to start believing he’s the best big man in basketball. He may not be, but it’s all about mindset. That proverbial “light switch”. When he decides to tap into it he’ll be talked about with Joker and Embiid.

He specifically calls him out for constantly fading away.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It’s not, but Chaplin and others will die trying
This is a discussion. Do you and Steve need to go the insulting route? We can disagree. It's ok.

Again, you are making him out to be some kind of saint who is deliberately not playing to his potential. And I disagree, I don't think he CAN play to his full potential because he simply doesn't know how to yet.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Team has amazing chemistry yet it just seems like we are one piece away from really being dangerous. I feel this team needs one more player who can create his own shot. Shamet to me is not that guy. The problem is who? and what do we give up?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns would have any interest in Tomáš Satoranský who went to Portland in the CJ McCollum trade.

The Trail Blazers will likely want to keep Josh Hart.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that seems like a real overvalueing of Dragic unless that draft pick is expected to be a top 5 pick.

I like Myles Turner more in this trade. Possibly the Pacers could trade Dragic again.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Myles Turner more in this trade. Possibly the Pacers could trade Dragic again.
Yeah that's my point, at his age and the fact he's locked up for 2 more years at a reasonable price means a mediocre first and a short term rental of Goran Dragic seems very lopsided.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson