shawn marion looked like he had a phoenix jersey on

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then apparently he had a great 4th Q. Too bad the Suns don't have a few more who put up 16/7 in 35 minutes (along with a steal, 3 blocks, and no TOs). He's looking good just coming back from an injury.

Well, they lost. Too little too late, maybe his efforts would have being more meaningful early on.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Marion is looking pretty damn good against the yellow team tonight.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Marion tore up the Lakers tonight. Made a lot of good plays as the Mavs spanked the defending champs.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
We could also mention for those who seem to think it's all that important, his +/- was +37 ... on the road ... against the Lakers (as opposed to that "-17 at home against the Wizards" LOL) And I hardly ever LOL, usually I just :)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
marion took a lot of heat in phoenix in spite of being the 3rd best guy on his team. steve nash and amare were untouchable. marion is a all star caliber player at best, not a superstar. therefore he is not a guy that you.. put a game on his shoulders come playoff time.... and say go win it for me. that's what superstar players should be doing.

most of you are dead on with you comments. a lot of marion's game disappears come playoff time when most guys are playing just as hard as he does every night....and there is a lot of half court. I think marion will thrive playing in dallas if he, howard, and the other guys can stay healthy.

In defense of Marion. His offensive game suffered during the playoffs because he would focus more on D and rebounding. We would go to Amare more on offense in the playoffs. When the game slows down, Marion's offensive game suffers, but his D (he defended up to 4 different positions in a single game) made a difference. I had problems with Marion's attitude, but credit where credit is due.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think shawn will fit in well in dallas. They aren't just like the old suns with nash, but he will fit nice with dirk, j-kidd, and j-ho when he finally gets on the court. If they can keep their 4 star players healthy and get decent contribution from terry and their bench...they may have a shot at making the WCF's. and from there who knows..too bad they couldn't get gorat from the magic.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Funny, I always said Josh Howard was the poor-man's Shawn Marion. Now they have the original.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Funny, I always said Josh Howard was the poor-man's Shawn Marion. Now they have the original.
I've heard that before on here and have always defended josh. they are alike in some ways, but in the last 4 years or so josh has developed his offensive game and it is somewhat more advanced than marion's. he is a better jump shooter and a much better ball handler and can be iso'd more consistently than shawn can. shawn is a much better rebounder than josh and has better jumping ability. they both have that little runner in the paint that they run well. It will be interesting when josh gets back on the court to see that lineup with him at SG. they could have used him last night in N.O. when the mavericks blew that game away late.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've heard that before on here and have always defended josh. they are alike in some ways, but in the last 4 years or so josh has developed his offensive game and it is somewhat more advanced than marion's. he is a better jump shooter and a much better ball handler and can be iso'd more consistently than shawn can. shawn is a much better rebounder than josh and has better jumping ability. they both have that little runner in the paint that they run well. It will be interesting when josh gets back on the court to see that lineup with him at SG. they could have used him last night in N.O. when the mavericks blew that game away late.
When is J.Howard due back and is he expected to jump right in or be handled with kid gloves after the injury?
FBB question :D

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
When is J.Howard due back and is he expected to jump right in or be handled with kid gloves after the injury?
FBB question :D
He played his first game saturday and scored 16 pts in limited mins. I think marion had 18 in the game and dirk had 29. overall the scoring was good and the mavs had their best game of the year with 129 points. so josh once again as always is a shot in the arm for the mavs when he plays well. He said that he can play for about 20-25 game mins right now because of soreness in his ankle and his playing shape. the mavs are a top WC team with him and a middle team without him.

cly2tw

Reaction score
On the other hand, that was the only opponent that mattered. :shrug:

People tend to just look up the stats sheet and make their judgment. People said we didn't need Amare because Diaw in his place led us to WCF. Yet, they forget we only barely sneaked by two of the worst playoff teams that year in Lakers and Clippers. Though the year later we lost in the 2nd round with Amare back, but that's against Spurs where Marion never contributed much, and our team played much better than that without Amare. :bang:

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He never played for the Suns.
yeah i didn't know that gooden played for the suns if that were the case?? of corse kidd, marion, and thomas yes. Thomas has finally started to contribute coming off of a minor knee surgery. He had 23 off the bench against Hou and tonight 5 against Indy. Marion had 13 tonight coming back from his injury. hopefully josh howard is getting better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard