Shaq should NOT be starting.....

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
But does Porter have the cajones to put him on the bench?

Personally I think it would be a great move. Having Shaq come of the bench if we're getting killed on the boards etc. would probably be more wise than having Nash trying to play in the D'Antoni style with Shaq on the floor.

Also, I dont like the stupid Bell/Barbosa coming off screens for a catch and shoot. We don't have Rip Hamilton so we shouldn't run our offense like we do.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can start. We just shouldn't be running our offense through him. Run it through Amare and let Shaq crash the boards....

nowagimp

Reaction score
suns fans are clueless, CP3 was probably the real MVP last year and will likely be this year. NOONE can guard the guy, only dragic slowed him after paul had NO rest. In the first half both dragic and barnes couldnt slow him at all.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
suns fans are clueless, CP3 was probably the real MVP last year and will likely be this year. NOONE can guard the guy, only dragic slowed him after paul had NO rest. In the first half both dragic and barnes couldnt slow him at all.

So everyone is clueless except for you, right?

nowagimp

Reaction score
So everyone is clueless except for you, right?

NAH, just silly fans that think they are smarter than the coach and have knee jerk reactions to the inability of the suns to beat the hornets. Its not about nash or shaq, its about perhaps the best player int he NBA, CP3, who also has a cadre of excellent shooters.

OP
OP
D

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
NAH, just silly fans that think they are smarter than the coach and have knee jerk reactions to the inability of the suns to beat the hornets. Its not about nash or shaq, its about perhaps the best player int he NBA, CP3, who also has a cadre of excellent shooters.

Yes, Im sure it was CP3 and they're cadre of excellent shooters that forced the suns to six points in a ten minute span in the second quarter.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But does Porter have the cajones to put him on the bench?

Personally I think it would be a great move. Having Shaq come of the bench if we're getting killed on the boards etc. would probably be more wise than having Nash trying to play in the D'Antoni style with Shaq on the floor.

Also, I dont like the stupid Bell/Barbosa coming off screens for a catch and shoot. We don't have Rip Hamilton so we shouldn't run our offense like we do.

FAIL!!!!

nowagimp

Reaction score
Yes, Im sure it was CP3 and they're cadre of excellent shooters that forced the suns to six points in a ten minute span in the second quarter.

Nah, CP3 and the shooters rung up the 108 points, the zone defense employed by the hornets caused the droughts by clogging the lane and daring the suns shooters to shoot (and miss) from outside or to turn the ball over trying to force it inside. Dont suppose you noticed that the suns came back with some easy transition baskets, and some outside shooting.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think its just hard for some Suns fans to accept the fact that the Suns aren't that good anymore, and so there must be some other reason why they lose.

This was the case last year. It wasn't all D'antoni's fault. The team just wasn't as good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its just hard for some Suns fans to accept the fact that the Suns aren't that good anymore, and so there must be some other reason why they lose.

This was the case last year. It wasn't all D'antoni's fault. The team just wasn't as good.

I can understand what you are saying, however, this does not give the Suns supposed defense to give up 3 point shot after 3 point shot. The Suns defense could not even defend the inside. Tyson Chandler missing the game seemed like a real plus beforehand. What's worse is the Suns offense is is completely out of rhythm. I fear the Suns may not have the players to play this style or that want to play this style. Yes, everything may blend with time and perhaps that is all that is needed. I even expected this to happen, but it still hurts.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Shaq is not the problem, and really, after two games, how can you say there are problems?

Besides, it doesn't really matter who starts, but who is in the game during crunch time.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score

WINNER!!

JustinD

Veteran
Reaction score
Shaq is not the problem, and really, after two games, how can you say there are problems?

Besides, it doesn't really matter who starts, but who is in the game during crunch time.

agreed.

and to the OP ... who would you start in SHAQ's place ?

Lopez ? i hope not.

Amare ? he's on the record saying he doesnt want major minutes at the 5 spot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, Shaq has played good in all three games so far...

I'm not sure if it's just me, but Shaq looks in better shape this season. I can't ask for much more.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Surprisingly, Shaq has played good in all three games so far...
I really don't consider it surprising. Shaq is well aware of what is in his best interest at this stage of his career . . .

Being a mentor to the other bigs, especially Robin Lopez
Being a large presence in the middle on a team which has never had a domineering Center
Rebounding
Opportunity scoring
10-10
Hopefully, not grab too much publicity

And that's all in the best interest of the Suns as well.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
by the way, thats ridiculous. Shaq should be starting and has done a great job so far. I would like to see more plays run for Amare, but our offense has looked good at times and its obvious what Shaq brings defensively.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Shaq is looking beastly this year. Who the hell can stop him when he gets low???? I still can't think of anyone who can put a body on the guy. He's DIESEL.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
I think SG in general, haha. Bell shooting off screens is getting annoying quick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson