Sendlien

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, I have not beat this dead horse in a while. I went back and rewatched the game tonight. Our center is causing problems in pass blocking for the OL. When the team is in shotgun he is tipping the snap count still. Conversely, that is partially why our running game to start with was so successful. The pass rushers were expecting and jumping the count and we were able to successfully to run at the Ravens to begin the game when we ran out of the shotgun formation. What ever the reason for the head bobbing it is not good and needs to change. That would help our tackles out some. I watched the Raven center and certainly did not see any consistent signs of tipping the snap, but then again most of the snaps that Flacco took were under center.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
More evidence that Russ Grimm is the best OL coach in the league :)

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
The silent count? I'm pretty sure every team does it in a hostile environment.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Well, I have not beat this dead horse in a while. I went back and rewatched the game tonight. Our center is causing problems in pass blocking for the OL. When the team is in shotgun he is tipping the snap count still. Conversely, that is partially why our running game to start with was so successful. The pass rushers were expecting and jumping the count and we were able to successfully to run at the Ravens to begin the game when we ran out of the shotgun formation. What ever the reason for the head bobbing it is not good and needs to change. That would help our tackles out some. I watched the Raven center and certainly did not see any consistent signs of tipping the snap, but then again most of the snaps that Flacco took were under center.

Sendlien a problem? No.

Not even close.

The ravens weren't beating our oline by timing the snap count. More like they were winning the one-on-one matchups, and occasionally out scheming us.

Sendlien, Collidge, and Hadnot are the least of our problems at this point.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
what WarnerHOF said, it was a silent count in a hostile environment...he had to visually make it clear on the snap to an extent

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what WarnerHOF said, it was a silent count in a hostile environment...he had to visually make it clear on the snap to an extent

Hey Jetsteam, your avatar brought back memories when I was a kid. My parents bought me a puzzle of that very picture. I put it together, glued it to some cardboard & had it framed. It was on my wall for years. I'm sure its stored away in my parents basement somewhere. I love it!!

OP
OP
L

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well just wait till we play in San Francisco. They were masters of killing our line the last 2 years.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

+1

He is horrible, and the team gave him an extension. Makes sense. :bang:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'll have to watch but he has had a problem tipping the snap count in the past so it wouldn't surprise me.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Another problem we have in pass protection is that our opponents outside rushers can run 7 yards faster than our receivers can.