SEC Championship. Saturday, draft prospects.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Florida? lol.
Yep those mighty 5-7 Florida Gators. Tough game.

Watching FSU barely beat a good, but not great Louisville team (a team that lost to 3-9 Pitt) was enough for the selection committee to know they would get slaughtered against an elite team.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of the National Championship - which games are you most interested in/most disappointed in from a match-up standpoint?

Georgia vs FSU will be interesting.

Mostly disappointed with the rest.

Oregon got stiffed vs Liberty (who cares).

It's a bad lineup. Before Christmas there isn't one matchup worth a damn. Unless you somehow think UCLA-Boise St is exciting.

But, I watch college a lot more than pro. I like recognizing draft picks and hearing about them. If it's not a blowout, and exciting, I will watch. Even Howard-Florida A&M. I will watch some FCS today as well.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep those mighty 5-7 Florida Gators. Tough game.

Watching FSU barely beat a good, but not great Louisville team (a team that lost to 3-9 Pitt) was enough for the selection committee to know they would get slaughtered against an elite team.
Florida is a lot better than the South Florida team Bama mightily struggled with, and playing Florida certainly is more challenging than getting an FCS team as a pseudo bye in late November.

FSU was playing the 3rd string QB against Louisville, the 2nd stringer will be back for bowl season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Florida is a lot better than the South Florida team Bama mightily struggled with
Are they? That was in September too...that might as well have been back in 2005.

Alabama just beat a juggernaut in Georgia. Who has FSU beaten? Three loss LSU? Louisville who lost to 3-9 Pitt?
, and playing Florida certainly is more challenging than getting an FCS team as a pseudo bye in late November.
Georgia. Better win than any thing FSU has by an SEC mile.
FSU was playing the 3rd string QB against Louisville, the 2nd stringer will be back for bowl season.
And they would be playing a third string QB against a real opponent.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are they? That was in September too...that might as well have been back in 2005.

Alabama just beat a juggernaut in Georgia. Who has FSU beaten? Three loss LSU? Louisville who lost to 3-9 Pitt?

I'm a Georgia fan, us being repeat champions means nothing this year. The players that won those championships aren't on the team anymore (besides Bowers, who is playing hurt). Beating us this year doesn't make Alabama special.

Georgia and Alabama are very flawed, great teams. Just like the other teams that won conference titles this year. This Alabama team is not an elite juggernaut that deserves special treatment. Their loss this year wasn't a fluke and they certainly haven't passed the eye test any better than Florida State during the rest of their schedule. Alabama's looked very beatable all year long in what turned out to be a weak conference. The SEC's out of conference record this year was the second worst of any conference. The SEC sucked this year.

Florida State has a ton of great players and won every game on a schedule with 11 power 5 teams. There was no reason an SEC team had to be in the playoffs this year. Alabama's resume did not justify FSU being left out.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes, I believe Florida is better than South Florida.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I really don't know why you're so die hard in defense of CFB powers that be. It's getting sad, though.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm a Georgia fan, us being repeat champions means nothing this year. The players that won those championships aren't on the team anymore (besides Bowers, who is playing hurt). Beating us this year doesn't make Alabama special.

Georgia and Alabama are very flawed, great teams. Just like the other teams that won conference titles this year. This Alabama team is not an elite juggernaut that deserves special treatment. Their loss this year wasn't a fluke and they certainly haven't passed the eye test any better than Florida State during the rest of their schedule. Alabama's looked very beatable all year long in what turned out to be a weak conference. The SEC's out of conference record this year was the second worst of any conference. The SEC sucked this year.

Florida State has a ton of great players and won every game on a schedule with 11 power 5 teams. There was no reason an SEC team had to be in the playoffs this year. Alabama's resume did not justify FSU being left out.
You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
FSU QB Tate Rodemaker in portal; Brock Glenn to start vs. Georgia

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score