SEC Championship. Saturday, draft prospects.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the voters were watching the FSU game last night then it will be hard to vote against the emotion with which they played.

But, they are going to get smoked in round 1 and who wants a blowout?

I would rank it:

1. Washington
2. Michigan
3. Texas
4. Alabama
Not surprised, you just flip one and two and that is what happened. Never really thought Washington would be number one.

Alabama is going to crush Michigan. Just watch.

Texas and Washington? Wow! What a matchup. No clue who will win.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one complains when a year long top 4 seed (aka 1 in a specific region) gets knocked down a leg or two in March Madness if they lose their best player.
If it is the four best teams, and you compare Alabama and FSU,... Come on. Not close because QB is THAT important.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not surprised, you just flip one and two and that is what happened. Never really thought Washington would be number one.

Alabama is going to crush Michigan. Just watch.

Texas and Washington? Wow! What a matchup. No clue who will win.
I think both games are great matchups.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think both games are great matchups.
I hope they are. I dislike all 4 teams, but I hate Washington the least of all of them. I hope the winner of 2 and 3 wins it all.

Why I think Alabama wins handily..

Saban has one month to prepare. All month they will hearing how they don't deserve to be there and Michigan is going to be favored. They get the disrespect chip to play, and athletes love that poo.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know these games are contracted, but ideally Washington and Texas (played in maybe the greatest bowl game of all time in the Rose) would be the Rose Bowl and Michigan-Alabama in the Sugar.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't think the Bama WR caught that pass that extended the key drive to put them further ahead? It was a diving catch, when he went to the ground the ball clearly touched the ground and IMO that's why he kept control. the guys doing the ref opinion said it should have been reviewed, they didn't know if it was going to be overturned or not but not being reviewed was wrong.

Admittedly I wanted Georgia to win and Bama outplayed them, but that play was huge and I'm still not convinced he caught it?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Agree with:
Michigan
Washington
Texas
Bama
Those 4 have all beaten top teams, like top 8 teams. UGA has not. Their best win is against Ole Miss or Mizzou. Florida St. gets boned but they don't have a QB and shouldn't be in.
good points. Bama eliminated Georgia last night and that shot Texas ahead of both of them. What Georgia did in prior seasons has no bearing on today. from there it was between Alabama and Florida State. I think either decision would have been controversial. The SEC would be crying as loudly as Florida State are, that their champion were left out. I understand the frustration from Florida State. I would be pissed that Alabama got in over them if I were a Florida State supporter. Like others pointed out, thankfully next season the playoffs will be expanded. This beauty contest has been happening for a long time, this is not a new thing to CFB. The expanded playoffs should solve some problems, but there's still going to be imperfections and teams getting screwed because of opinions that factor into the rankings.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Good news - this will mostly be addressed with new playoff format next year.

What I don't like though is taking the 6 conference title winners automatically. Do we have a top 6?

SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and ACC (maybe) are basically the only legit conferences at this point. It would be stupid to take a conference champion from the Pac 12 or any other as an automatic entry.

The 2nd and 3rd best teams in the Big 3 conferences will most likely be better than the champion of any other conference.

Just take the 12 best teams.
Interesting, I just saw the bracket for what the 12 team playoffs would be this year if we were going by next year's rules. and 13-0 Liberty would be the final seed. that would leave out OU and LSU who would easily claim they are better than some of the teams that made the final bracket. But good point that you made..next year things will change with many teams changing conferences so that will shake things up some. The SEC and Big 10 are going to be deeper than they ever have been.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
FSU and Georgia should be a bowl matchup now. Just so everyone can keep the "what shoulda been" argument going.
they are indeed playing one another. hopefully the top players opt to play in that game so that we can see a good game leading up to the playoffs.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I hope they are. I dislike all 4 teams, but I hate Washington the least of all of them. I hope the winner of 2 and 3 wins it all.

Why I think Alabama wins handily..

Saban has one month to prepare. All month they will hearing how they don't deserve to be there and Michigan is going to be favored. They get the disrespect chip to play, and athletes love that poo.
All four teams are really tough. I've watched Texas all year long and their defense has been tough all year, but has gotten stronger as the year went on. Texas would match up a lot better against Michigan or Bama because I think Texas is both physical on offense and has the speed to make a team defend every square inch of the field. I think Washington will be their most difficult opponent because Washington are like that on offense as well. I kind of wish that the 2 games were opposite in some way, but it will definitely make for interesting games.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agree with:
Michigan
Washington
Texas
Bama
Those 4 have all beaten top teams, like top 8 teams. UGA has not. Their best win is against Ole Miss or Mizzou. Florida St. gets boned but they don't have a QB and shouldn't be in.
Respectfully, that's bull puckey. You just told a power 5 conference that winning means nothing. Bama should be out.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Respectfully, that's bull puckey. You just told a power 5 conference that winning means nothing. Bama should be out.
Thing is, even if Bama lost, Texas still would’ve made that #4 spot over FSU. FSU would’ve been out regardless.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Outside of the National Championship - which games are you most interested in/most disappointed in from a match-up standpoint?

Georgia vs FSU will be interesting.

Mostly disappointed with the rest.

Oregon got stiffed vs Liberty (who cares).

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Outside of the National Championship - which games are you most interested in/most disappointed in from a match-up standpoint?

Georgia vs FSU will be interesting.

Mostly disappointed with the rest.

Oregon got stiffed vs Liberty (who cares).
I couldn't care less about these games.