SEC Championship. Saturday, draft prospects.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Gonna be a great game to watch the trenches.

Tune in, watch closely, and see why I have a man crush on Amarius Mims as he faces off with Dallas Turner...two first rounders going head to head...
Never forget the best Center in the draft is on the field too in the Bulldogs own, Cedric Van Pran.
Mims could be an option for us with the Texans pick if we go MHJ with our own....IMO he has the highest ceiling of any olineman in the draft...

So catch some great CFB and scout a few potential Cardinals while ya do it.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Both these programs are notorious for working players hard. That's why so many of their draftees have higher floors than guys from other programs... Georgia requires their linemen to be able to play both sides .. that way they can keep the most talent on the field in case of injury

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
My boy Mims is out with a left ankle... That's the same ankle he just had tightrope surgery on... Possible he came back too soon.... This may well cause him to stay in school another year

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gonna be a great game to watch the trenches.

Tune in, watch closely, and see why I have a man crush on Amarius Mims as he faces off with Dallas Turner...two first rounders going head to head...
Never forget the best Center in the draft is on the field too in the Bulldogs own, Cedric Van Pran.
Mims could be an option for us with the Texans pick if we go MHJ with our own....IMO he has the highest ceiling of any olineman in the draft...

So catch some great CFB and scout a few potential Cardinals while ya do it.
Mims just reinjured himself and will be out for this game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Alabama winning...good news for Texas.
yes it is. and in week 2 when they met the QB was the major difference and still is the difference IMO in why Texas would beat them again. If Texas gets in the top 4, they will have the clear #2 QB behind Washington's QB.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
this is a good game. 27-24 with plenty of time left for Georgia to comeback if they can get a 3 and out.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
No Alabama or Georgia, perfect year…
I think this result more than anything opened the door for Texas to be in with that win over Bama. But the Michigan and Florida State games are still left! how exciting this Saturday is turning out to be!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this result more than anything opened the door for Texas to be in with that win over Bama. But the Michigan and Florida State games are still left! how exciting this Saturday is turning out to be!
If you really want the four best teams then Florida St should be out. Even if they beat Louisville.

I would love Iowa to beat Michigan. If somehow both Michigan and OSU didn't make it, that would be beautiful.

IMO, the best four teams are Washington, Texas, Alabama and Georgia IF Michigan loses.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
With the QB situation...wouldn't be surprised to see FSU lose tonight.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If you really want the four best teams then Florida St should be out. Even if they beat Louisville.

I would love Iowa to beat Michigan. If somehow both Michigan and OSU didn't make it, that would be beautiful.

IMO, the best four teams are Washington, Texas, Alabama and Georgia IF Michigan loses.
Bama will be in. The SEC is the darling conference and there's no way they aren't represented in the playoff.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bama will be in. The SEC is the darling conference and there's no way they aren't represented in the playoff.
If that is the case, and I do agree with you, it is very hard for me to see Georgia, the defending champ, losing by only 3, not being in it too.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The SEC really isn't better than the other conferences this year, I think they could easily be the odd man out. These UGA and Bama teams aren't close to being as good as in years past.
I agree, they are top heavy. the other teams are not very impressive and have not been for more than a year or two now. the SEC has been living off of their past hype overall as a conference while Georgia and Bama are really dominating the conference. I don't see that much of a difference between the SEC and the other conferences.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If that is the case, and I do agree with you, it is very hard for me to see Georgia, the defending champ, losing by only 3, not being in it too.
I cannot imagine Georgia getting in unless Florida state or Michigan lose. Flordia State might be out unless they dominate their game tonight. If Florida state impress in their game, it's going to be dicey for Bama since they lost to Texas in the way that they did.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree, they are top heavy. the other teams are not very impressive and have not been for more than a year or two now. the SEC has been living off of their past hype overall as a conference while Georgia and Bama are really dominating the conference. I don't see that much of a difference between the SEC and the other conferences.
The coaching churn has really damaged the depth in that conference. Guys like Mullen, Malzahn, Bielema, Spurrier, Miles and Pinkel all were very good at coaching up players, even if they couldn't topple Bama.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
the SEC has a Texas problem, no pun intended. It is crazy to me that Texas scheduled Alabama in their last 2 years of being in the big 12 before going into the SEC. and they got Sark on top of that. what a story.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was one of the predicted effects of NIL. There is now zero reason for a really good player to be stuck as 2nd or 3rd string at these schools anymore. It is spreading the talent out more evenly, whether you hate it or not.

On that last TD for Oregon last night they were talking about how the WR and CB were from Alabama and Auburn last year.