Season Prediction

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've been a fan of this team long enough to know that this guesswork and hope is better than most of the guesswork and hope we've seen in the past.

Remember when the Cardinals tried to sell us on Tony McCoy as a big acquisition? Jason McAddley and Bryan Gilmore at WR? This isn't that.

The reason I won't pin down an exact prediction for the season is because of all of these variables. I think the offense is probably good enough on its own to hover plus or minus .500 (9-8 or 8-9). As much as Vance pisses me off on the micro calls, his overall body of work is pretty impressive. I think he can coach this defense to a league average ranking.

And Vance has a knack for scheming sacks in his defense, so I think he'll get some pass rush.
Meh. 5 game span is no different than saying they’ll be anywhere between 5-12 or 9-8 - there’s a world of difference in a 5 game span.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not any more guesswork or hope than would’ve been required the last time we were without Jones and the pass rush improved…
Except that happened in season. We didn’t go into the season based on guesswork and hope. We got lucky. So what you’re saying is you think we will get lucky. Meh.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Except that happened in season. We didn’t go into the season based on guesswork and hope. We got lucky. So what you’re saying is you think we will get lucky. Meh.
Id say there is a better plan in place THIS year than that season. When Jones went down, most thought that the pass rush was toast. Reddick was his replacement and he had sucked as an edge player in the past.

You may not feel good about the edge players, but I like what the team has right now. Between Gardeck, Sanders, Dimukeje, and Thomas, I think at least one will be a player. I bet Dimukeje is the guy, because it would be the most Cardinal thing ever: using two third round picks when you already had the guy on your roster.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
You don't start 7-0 and it's fools gold. That's ridiculous.
They were playing above their level in some of those games and got a bunch of lucky breaks. They shouldn't have been 2-0 never mind 7-0. What we saw in the last 10 games of the season is closer to who they were then what they did the first 7 IMO. It was a fun ride to start the season though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were playing above their level in some of those games and got a bunch of lucky breaks. They shouldn't have been 2-0 never mind 7-0. What we saw in the last 10 games of the season is closer to who they were then what they did the first 7 IMO. It was a fun ride to start the season though.
#birdcityfever

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said 8 to 11 wins I'm lowering that 7 to 10 with Hamilton out and the situation with Hudson and Pugh. I also think McBride's back injury and him not looking sharp in the preseason is a big problem I think without D Hop it's likely we will want to play more 2 TE sets and run the ball but that is way more effective if both of those TE's are threats in the passing game too so we'd need McBride to get sharp fast

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Let’s be honest with our schedule a winning season would be great period. I still want to be optimistic and think things will go better than expected and we win double digits and go playoffs again. And hopefully actually show up for the game…!
what is week one for if you aint hoping you win it all this season

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I said 8 to 11 wins I'm lowering that 7 to 10 with Hamilton out and the situation with Hudson and Pugh. I also think McBride's back injury and him not looking sharp in the preseason is a big problem I think without D Hop it's likely we will want to play more 2 TE sets and run the ball but that is way more effective if both of those TE's are threats in the passing game too so we'd need McBride to get sharp fast
Id say that Harlow showed he could play in stretches and while Ford has been bad for stretches, he's likely better than Max Garcia was last year.

Personally, I don't ever expect anything from rookies early on and Anderson should be better than what we saw from Darrell Daniels last year, so two TE sets will be better even if McBride and Williams aren't ready to go.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So that chip shot FG the Vikings kicker missed, that could have changed the course of the early season, was skill on our part?
Part of the game. The Cardinals blew numerous plays throughout that game. I remember thinking (in a drunken haze) as the Vikings lined up to kick that FG about how many opportunities the Cardinals blew in the game.

Anyone who ever points out one play as the loser is missing the point.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Part of the game. The Cardinals blew numerous plays throughout that game. I remember thinking (in a drunken haze) as the Vikings lined up to kick that FG about how many opportunities the Cardinals blew in the game.

Anyone who ever points out one play as the loser is missing the point.
So you're proving the point that being 7-0 didn't make the team totally fine and that 7-0 didn't make them flawless. Good.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let’s not forget Reddick had 5 sacks in one game vs one of it not the worse Oline in the league in NYG (btw Gardek had 2 in that game). So he had 7.5 sacks in the other 15 games. Solid but def wasn’t a world beater demanding double teams.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s not forget Reddick had 5 sacks in one game vs one of it not the worse Oline in the league in NYG (btw Gardek had 2 in that game). So he had 7.5 sacks in the other 15 games. Solid but def wasn’t a world beater demanding double teams.
Now go look up total pressures and tackles for loss. He killed it that year. Sacks aren’t the only barometer. Which he followed up with another double digit sack season in Carolina with lots of pressure and tackles for loss. He was good. Trying to discount what he brought is a little silly.

Last edited: