Season Prediction

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Not sure how hard it is to catch on to the idea that Gardeck had 7 sacks and 7 TL's in year 3 before injury and Reddick didn't do crap until year 4.
It's not hard. And it's not like the Cardinals didn't also try Reddick on the edge as well, and he sucked donkeys.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yea, I know the answer.
My thoughts:

I'm nervous about Edge and CB play, but at least with Edge there are candidates to play there. CB is razor thin with only one player (Murphy) with demonstrated ability over a large number of snaps. Hamilton played well, but Wilson looks like a fringe player and I'd like to have four CBs that can play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not hard. And it's not like the Cardinals didn't also try Reddick on the edge as well, and he sucked donkeys.
Do you believe Gardeck is going to put up 11.5 sacks this year and 27 TFL? Because Reddick wayyyyyy overplaying his previous seasons on the team is how we were able to fair better than expected without Chandler Jones. Are you expecting that kind of leap from Gardeck since you keep making some kind of implicit comparison to what Gardeck/Reddick were going into seasons with gaping holes at OLB?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Do you believe Gardeck is going to put up 11.5 sacks this year and 27 TFL? Because Reddick wayyyyyy overplaying his previous seasons on the team is how we were able to fair better than expected without Chandler Jones. Are you expecting that kind of leap from Gardeck since you keep making some kind of implicit comparison to what Gardeck/Reddick were going into seasons with gaping holes at OLB?
I don't know, but I think the combination of Gardeck, Dimukeje, Sanders, and Thomas can produce some pressures and sacks.

My point with comparing the Cardinals turning to Reddick is that Reddick hadn't done ANYTHING up until that point. He was even tried on the edge (with disastrous results) his rookie year when injuries forced him over there.

What I'm saying is that sometimes these moves DO work out, so it's not a foregone conclusion that it will be disaster....like CB likely will be.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't know, but I think the combination of Gardeck, Dimukeje, Sanders, and Thomas can produce some pressures and sacks.

My point with comparing the Cardinals turning to Reddick is that Reddick hadn't done ANYTHING up until that point. He was even tried on the edge (with disastrous results) his rookie year when injuries forced him over there.

What I'm saying is that sometimes these moves DO work out, so it's not a foregone conclusion that it will be disaster....like CB likely will be.
We had 41 sacks last season with Chandler Jones — that was T14th in the NFL. Assume that Markus Golden gets eight sacks, which is a little more than his career average.

18.5 sacks walked out the door this offseason. It's really hard to imagine those guys in a rotation making up for 16 of them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right...and there is actually a more proven guy on the roster in Gardeck.
Wait, a guy who had 7 sacks in a single limited snaps season is the “more proven guy?” What have you done with the real krang that at least made semi-logic based arguments?

Also, that guy was on the roster with Reddick at the same time contributing to the sack total that season, so not samesies with this season, right?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had 41 sacks last season with Chandler Jones — that was T14th in the NFL. Assume that Markus Golden gets eight sacks, which is a little more than his career average.

18.5 sacks walked out the door this offseason. It's really hard to imagine those guys in a rotation making up for 16 of them.
not only that, but taking Reddick out of the equation, this years team doesn’t have a guy who will draw doubles the way Redick did or make offenses account for him which led others in 2020 to get a better shot at the QB in single coverage (guys like Gardeck)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But it wasn’t a planned move. It was made outta desperation because of chandlers injury. Here we are going with this plan of hoping someone from a collection of flashes (gardeck), long shots (dimukeje), and raw 3rd rounders (Thomas and sanders) emerge as this seasons Reddick and ridiculous snaps-to-sack ratio gardeck.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, a guy who had 7 sacks in a single limited snaps season is the “more proven guy?” What have you done with the real krang that at least made semi-logic based arguments?

Also, that guy was on the roster with Reddick at the same time contributing to the sack total that season, so not samesies with this season, right?
Lol… Borg.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I mean, they have to field a roster, so some group of humans is bound to produce some results just by being on the field.

We're trying to win a super bowl here though, right? Isn't that the point of all of this? Why are we here all more invested in winning than the ACTUAL TEAM?

We all must have done some really bad things in a previous life to be stuck with this bum franchise!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except we’re not talking about “some pressures and sacks”… sure that could happen. But you specifically are making the argument that they could reach the same levels a 2020 team sans Jones did. That just doesn’t seem realistic at all. I think you’re going to be sorely disappointed if you think that combo of players is going to put anything near the impact of Redick/pre-injury spot work Gardeck when they combined for 18.5 sacks and 34 TFL and a ton of QB pressures to boot.

Especially because this year’s group doesn’t have anyone an offense needs to scheme for the way they did Redick when he was playing well and because Gardeck will be asked to play a lot more and could get worn down easier because of his lack of size (not to mention so far, he hasn’t looked like the same player he did in 2020).

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
not only that, but taking Reddick out of the equation, this years team doesn’t have a guy who will draw doubles the way Redick did or make offenses account for him which led others in 2020 to get a better shot at the QB in single coverage (guys like Gardeck)
Wait??? Reddick used to draw double teams??? Since when?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We all must have done some really bad things in a previous life to be stuck with this bum franchise!
My parents (dad a Cowboys fan) moved to Flagstaff in '92 and took me to their training camps when I was little. I was cursed long ago.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
My parents (dad a Cowboys fan) moved to Flagstaff in '92 and took me to their training camps when I was little. I was cursed long ago.
Training camp often was the best part of the season! I'll never forget going up there, hanging in the pines, and getting incredible access, with action right in front of you.

Moving it to crappy Glendale was a huge downgrade.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean, they have to field a roster, so some group of humans is bound to produce some results just by being on the field.

We're trying to win a super bowl here though, right? Isn't that the point of all of this? Why are we here all more invested in winning than the ACTUAL TEAM?

Oh... is this the first time you've ever followed professional sports?

Seriously: there's very, very little evidence that the Cards are one of the teams in the NFL interested in winning a Super Bowl in 2022.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Training camp often was the best part of the season! I'll never forget going up there, hanging in the pines, and getting incredible access, with action right in front of you.

Moving it to crappy Glendale was a huge downgrade.
Yeah not sure why they moved to Glendale for that (moved out of state in '96).

I was just getting into football. I played pee-wee and was on the 49ers. I liked them for a number of years too (until realignment, but not like a major fan or anything). Never cared for Cowboys, but stuck with Cardinals in the end.

I was cursed being a fan of this franchise without ever knowing. It used to be upsetting, but normal and expected that we always sucked, but still exciting.

As an entire fandom saw the rise of the Cardinals, SB berth, couple playoff experiences, mixed with classic Cardinals, we all yearn for more and expect success. But because they are the Cardinals, it seems the curse is even more powerful, we as fans could never settle being the same ol' Cardinals while every year we are reminded they will always be the same ol' Cardinals.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seriously: there's very, very little evidence that the Cards are one of the teams in the NFL interested in winning a Super Bowl in 2022.
It’s really pathetic how this team has approached the 3rd year of Kyler’s rookie deal. Doing literally NOTHING on defense at Edge AND CB and next to nothing on the O-line while sitting on 17 million bucks in cap roo
in the off-season is almost too hard to believe. Especially coming off a playoff season when the team should be building on that season instead of running back… only with less talent.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

It's a lot easier when you're younger to trick yourself that your teams have a chance, even in the most dire of situations. (Pretty much the only way to survive as a Cards fan)

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s really pathetic how this team has approached the 3rd year of Kyler’s rookie deal. Doing literally NOTHING on defense at Edge AND CB and next to nothing on the O-line while sitting on 17 million bucks in cap roo
in the off-season is almost too hard to believe. Especially coming off a playoff season when the team should be building on that season instead of running back… only with less talent.
It's Keim time!!

:cool:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure this is Kyler's 4th year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard