Scoring Defense

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That's great. And it sure beats last season when they got hammered in game two by Atlanta.

But the Cards can't keep hoping for Interceptions and blocked FGs to keep points off the board. Although that's what the Cards do best. They eventually have too many games where they don't get the turnovers and its hard times for Cardinal fans.

Keeping the opposing offense from ramming the ball down their throats would work better in the long run.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Best way to keep any offense from scoring on you is not to let them have the ball. That is why I find it deplorable that Whiz seems content to give time-of-possession away to opposing teams when our defense is struggling. I understand not running the ball when you are well behind and need to catch up. I do not understand failure to run the ball when we are ahead or close, when that gives us the best opportunity to control time of possession. It can't hurt our passing game, in fact it would probably open up our passing game more if we ran the ball more. Defenses would have to defend both possibilities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard