Russell Wilson to Broncos!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually think it's a nice haul for Seattle. But honestly... Quarterbacks are worth so much!

There's no guarantee they will find a quarterback half as good as Russell Wilson over the next 20 years.
I watched Drew Lock come in for the injured Missouri starter against my Kentucky Wildcats several years ago. He was throwing darts down field but our DB's sucked that year. We still won the game but I remember thinking "we gotta contend with this guy in the SEC the next 3 years"? He had a good career there, good enough to get drafted by the Broncos but they just couldn't get the QB right after Manning retired. So far he hasn't panned out in the NFL. Is that because he was asked to throw too many passes with the Broncos or is he just not NFL calibur? Idk the answer there but Seattle will definitely run the ball more so he won't have to throw as much. Dude does have a strong arm & all but I'd rather face him than RW any day lol. I got on the Seattle message boards earlier to read their thoughts. A few of them are thinking they should make a play for Tyrod Taylor or use their newly acquired picks to move & get Willis this year. I don't think their draft capital would allow them to move up high enough for Willis unless they throw in both 1st's & maybe a 1st next year?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If that’s the case I have keim call and ask for DK and Shelby for our 1st and 2nd. We avoid keim blowing the picks and land a legit big fast deep threat and usable defensive lineman.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if KM had some moxie?
He does, the moxie to lay down in the fetal position when he thinks he's gonna be sacked lol. All jokes aside I hope if we resign him he figures it out or puts it together but I have my doubts. People can say his demeanor isn't a big deal at all but I don't buy it. Teammates feed off of the QB's emotions & energy, it seems like he just sulks when things go bad instead of being hell bent on firing up his teammates & figuring it out.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course he can. Any QB that is capable of being a regular season star is capable of being a playoff star. Kyler IS a choker right now. I do blame the second half collapses these last two seasons on him. But that can change over the course of a career. Success is not always instant and progress is rarely linear.

I'll give you an example. Peyton Manning's reputation for a long long time was being a playoff choker. Manning had EIGHT one and dones in the playoffs in his career. including his first 3 trips to the playoffs. He didn't win a playoff game until his 6th year in the league. He still ended up making 4 SB appearances, winning 2. He is no longer the playoff choker, instead he is remembered as one of the best ever.

Should the Colts have abandoned Peyton in 2002? After all it was Peyton's 5th year and still no playoff success. They finished the season getting embarrassed in the wildcard round 41-0 by the Jets in a game where Peyton had 137 yards and two interception. I mean obviously Peyton wasn't the guy. Right?!

The best chance for the Cardinals to be in the hunt for a SB year in and year out is to keep Kyler. Teams go decades without drafting a QB as good as him, its a no brainer.
I want Kyler to succeed as much as the next Cardinals fan but this past season got me doubting so many things about him. Yes he has the ability but he doesn't step up in the pocket (maybe because of the OL) seems to refuse to play under center (no one knows if that's Kyler or Kliff's doing) but if it's because of Kliff then why not speak up? I think he prefers shotgun not only because he played it his whole life but because he can see the field better because of his lack of height. Our offense can be so much more if he played under center 80% of the time imo. He sulks when things don't go his way & teammates see that. Peyton Manning was like 6'5" at least, could see over the line, would play from under center more & actually read the defenses plus studied lots of film to get better. Will Kyler do all of that? I just want Kyler to get better whatever or however it takes. Time will tell.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are there so many words that involve Gardner Minshew in here?

For sure he outplayed his draft position and he's an entertaining guy. But he was benched by the Jags for Mike Glennon.

I'd rather sign Trubisky or Bridgewater than trade for Minshew.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You all know Deshaun Watson is going to end up in Seattle now right? This is the NFC West.

Seahawks trade 32 year old Russell for 4 picks and a bunch of players then go get a younger, better Watson for only half what they just received.

FYI, here a 20 year defense lawyers opinion on the matter. Most likely this ends in at worse misdemeanor charges. Watson probably settles the civil for not much and it all goes away before the draft.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Denver gave up way too much, but it’s not that SEA has all that draft capital that unnerves me. It’s the realization that Drew Lock will continue to struggle most weeks except for when he destroys VJ’s soft zones.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You all know Deshaun Watson is going to end up in Seattle now right? This is the NFC West.

Seahawks trade 32 year old Russell for 4 picks and a bunch of players then go get a younger, better Watson for only half what they just received.

FYI, here a 20 year defense lawyers opinion on the matter. Most likely this ends in at worse misdemeanor charges. Watson probably settles the civil for not much and it all goes away before the draft.

He’s not waiving his no-trade clause to go to Seattle of all places.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I watched Drew Lock come in for the injured Missouri starter against my Kentucky Wildcats several years ago. He was throwing darts down field but our DB's sucked that year. We still won the game but I remember thinking "we gotta contend with this guy in the SEC the next 3 years"? He had a good career there, good enough to get drafted by the Broncos but they just couldn't get the QB right after Manning retired. So far he hasn't panned out in the NFL. Is that because he was asked to throw too many passes with the Broncos or is he just not NFL calibur? Idk the answer there but Seattle will definitely run the ball more so he won't have to throw as much. Dude does have a strong arm & all but I'd rather face him than RW any day lol. I got on the Seattle message boards earlier to read their thoughts. A few of them are thinking they should make a play for Tyrod Taylor or use their newly acquired picks to move & get Willis this year. I don't think their draft capital would allow them to move up high enough for Willis unless they throw in both 1st's & maybe a 1st next year?
They got the 9th overall pick this year from Denver, isn't that high enough for Willis?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you not see the same guy earlier say that Watson taking the 5th in the civil case could work against him in the criminal case because juries tend to assume taking the 5th implies guilt? He semi discusses it again in the thread you linked, he thinks Watson's lawyer is correct in advising him to not talk, he likens it to a DUI case you don't want your client to admit anything because it helps the prosecution, if you admit to drinking any alcohol at all you're hurting yourself. BUT, he said the problem is that Watson also has a criminal case in a grand jury and the GJ is going to be made aware he's taking the 5th in the civil cases.

He could be right about how it ends up but he was pretty clear earlier and it should be noted a certain ex President used that exact defense for why he should be granted immunity in some of his cases, that if he takes the 5th in civil cases it will be used against him in criminal cases.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Watson is at most facing a league suspension...probably 6-8 games. He isn't going to face jail time. The only criminal charges that could stick would be misdemeanors.

If Seattle ends up getting Watson for cheap I will be pissed. They do tend to get players, but they usually overpay. Lets hope they do it again if Watson is in play

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watson is at most facing a league suspension...probably 6-8 games. He isn't going to face jail time. The only criminal charges that could stick would be misdemeanors.

If Seattle ends up getting Watson for cheap I will be pissed. They do tend to get players, but they usually overpay. Lets hope they do it again if Watson is in play

Exactly. Jamies Winston got a 3 game suspension for inappropriately touching an Uber driver without consent. A similar thing will happen here. Probably 6 games.

Maybe not even that considering he was defacto suspended a whole season already. If this turns into a couple of misdemeanors he might not get anything more.

Either way, it should all be well out of the way before the draft.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least our game vs the Broncos is an away game (where we play better, especially vs Wilson-led teams). ;)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seattle might be one of the worst team in the NFL next season. I am still processing this trade.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Jamies Winston got a 3 game suspension for inappropriately touching an Uber driver without consent. A similar thing will happen here. Probably 6 games.

Maybe not even that considering he was defacto suspended a whole season already. If this turns into a couple of misdemeanors he might not get anything more.

Either way, it should all be well out of the way before the draft.

I won't cut and paste the details here since it's a family forum but he's been accused of things well beyond what's being said, there are 21 active civil lawsuits and one that's been dropped "for now" because of privacy concerns, there are 10 criminal complaints. his case is far more complicated than Winston's was.

Based on what's being said it would appear by this friday we will know if they're going to pursue criminal charges or not.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't cut and paste the details here since it's a family forum but he's been accused of things well beyond what's being said, there are 21 active civil lawsuits and one that's been dropped "for now" because of privacy concerns, there are 10 criminal complaints. his case is far more complicated than Winston's was.

Based on what's being said it would appear by this friday we will know if they're going to pursue criminal charges or not.
Even if there isn't enough for the grand jury he still faces multiple civil lawsuits. Why any team would want to go near a scumbag like this is beyond me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I know. I've read it. But as the lawyer above said if there was enough evidence for a compelling case it wouldn't have taken so long to get this far.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if there isn't enough for the grand jury he still faces multiple civil lawsuits. Why any team would want to go near a scumbag like this is beyond me.

Let me tell you about Frostee Rucker...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard