Russell Wilson to Broncos!

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When people are involved somewhere in the process such as jurors, witnesses, prosecutors, judges or whatever, anything can happen.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know. I've read it. But as the lawyer above said if there was enough evidence for a compelling case it wouldn't have taken so long to get this far.

I have no idea but just from everything else, everything during Covid has taken longer. I would also assume the sheer number of women involved makes it harder to be quick with the case.

What the lawyer is saying is he "hears" there is very little physical evidence, which is not surprising since this happened in situations with only 2 people present.

It's also been pointed out before and this lawyer you're citing has even admitted it, IF criminal charges are filed, the fact that Watson paid some of these women to fly to him, across state lines, is going to be a huge problem for him.

One of the complaints has already passed the statute of limitations, it was from 2019. The first public case by Solis, is about 1 month away from statute of limitations. note that's to CHARGE him, the whole reason they did a grand jury is it's faster they wanted to get a decision on if they're going to charge him or not before the statute of limitations on the Solis case is up.

the misdemeanor part is coming from the search warrant they filed to get his social media and cash apps access, they listed indecent assault on the search warrant. In Texas that's a class A misdemeanor carrying a maximum of 1 year in jail and 4000 dollars fine. He's got 10 such charges, it's already been reported that if he were found guilty of that there's nothing that prevents the court from giving him 1 year for each charge, they do NOT have to allow him to serve all the 1 years concurrently. So it would appear the lawyer you're citing is assuming they won't charge him criminally and even if they do it will just be misdemeanor and he won't get the maximum sentence.

The court won't care that he's already missed a year because wasn't in jail, if they decide to charge him, and he's found guilty, he's facing up to 10 years for the indecent assault and again just because that's what was on the search warrant it does NOT mean that's what they will end up charging him with if they charge him. At least 3 of the cases very clearly specified sexual assault which in Texas is defined as "nonconsensual penetration" that's not a misdemeanor it's a felony.

Sounds like by Friday we should know more.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if there isn't enough for the grand jury he still faces multiple civil lawsuits. Why any team would want to go near a scumbag like this is beyond me.

I don't know if he's a good guy or not I just have a hard time accepting that over 20 women just all decided to make claims against him that aren't true. I get what his lawyer is claiming, he got a new contract and they decided to go for a money grab and more and more piled on. Again though it's the sheer number for me, I just have a hard time believing more than 20 women would file fake claims against the same guy, especially when 10 of them have filed CRIMINAL charges against him which would put THEM at risk if they're lying.

If that many women are actually lying it's a pretty astounding situation. There are rich players all over the NFL, why would 20 women target him?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ex Cards QB Shaun King is reporting if Watson doesn't get criminal charges he will likely be traded to the Steelers.

You can see them selling it to womens groups, hey even if he did what they all claim, he's not as bad as Ben was.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ex Cards QB Shaun King is reporting if Watson doesn't get criminal charges he will likely be traded to the Steelers.

You can see them selling it to womens groups, hey even if he did what they all claim, he's not as bad as Ben was.
Same thought flashed in my head.

Watson - a better Ben

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard