Robinson's agent never called back

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Robinson seems to have been playing the cardinals because from what other posters have said, Graves called his agent TWICE and his agent NEVER returned the calls. Time to move on, I'm not going to cry over this...Johnson, Boldin, Gilmore, McAddley, Kasper and the rest will be just fine.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
June 1st will shake a veteran out of somebodies tree we can pick up. I am not quite so comfortable starting the season with rookies and 3rd and 4th string WRs.

Sack Daddy

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree with you totally. Robinson wouldn't be a difference maker. I have more faith that one of the young guns will step up.:thumbup:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
June 1st will shake a veteran out of somebodies tree we can pick up. I am not quite so comfortable starting the season with rookies and 3rd and 4th string WRs.

I must be happier than you are then. I think the new guys will be much better. Hell at least the ball will be in the right place!

EDIT: Unlike a Plummer pass.

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
I must be happier than you are then. I think the new guys will be much better. Hell at least the ball will be in the right place!

unlike a Plummer pass, you know it.:thumbup:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jetstream Green
Robinson seems to have been playing the cardinals because from what other posters have said, Graves called his agent TWICE and his agent NEVER returned the calls. Time to move on, I'm not going to cry over this...Johnson, Boldin, Gilmore, McAddley, Kasper and the rest will be just fine.

And the fact that Graves waffled with Robinson before and after the draft...even after Robinson stated the Cards were likely his top alternative...means nothing? Not blaming Graves alone but to call out his agent for this is only giving half the story. Graves made a decision to remain lukewarm about signing him and then when Graves wanted to make the move, Robinson himself had moved on.

In the end, it is a disappointing loss but the Cards will go into the year with the youngsters.

Dakota Red

Rookie
Reaction score
Roger, Doger Cubbie

Graves should have this deal done prior to the draft if it was going to get done at all. MRob wanted a chance to prove himself and he would not have gotten it here.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Robinson seems to have been playing the cardinals because from what other posters have said,
Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Baltimore Ravens have signed unrestricted free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears) to a one-year, $700,000 including a $100,000 signing bonus, according to his agent Ken Sarnoff.
Yeah. Looks like M-Rob got away with highway robbery. (Cards must have had trouble fitting the offer under their cap).

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21

Thank you, McAaddley is alot more than a 3rd or 4th WR IMO... Last year he played very well for a rookie, that wasnt even in the thick of things till the end...

If Plummer could of got him the ball better his numbers would of been alot better....

With the 2 Picks at WR, and McAaddley in his second year I think well have a solid WR corps... Although I would Love to get a solid #1 Veteran in here for consistancey...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Robinson's agent never called back

Originally posted by AZCB34
And the fact that Graves waffled with Robinson before and after the draft...even after Robinson stated the Cards were likely his top alternative...means nothing? Not blaming Graves alone but to call out his agent for this is only giving half the story. Graves made a decision to remain lukewarm about signing him and then when Graves wanted to make the move, Robinson himself had moved on.

In the end, it is a disappointing loss but the Cards will go into the year with the youngsters.

thank god someone pointed this out. seems everyone else has their cardinals-blinders on. i blame the cards for not gettin' robinson, no one else.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Robinson's agent never called back

Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
i blame the cards for not gettin' robinson, no one else.

Absolutely.

That's not to say that I don't have faith in the youngsters, but losing Robinson is squarely on Graves.

Sack Daddy

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the QB has alot to do with how the WR's look and I think they'll look better with Blake throwing to them. One of the main reasons Plummer threw so many picks was a lack of zing on his passes (I've seen fewer quail at the quail petting zoo). I certainly can't envision the passing offense being worse than last year.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by BEERZ
Thank you, McAaddley is alot more than a 3rd or 4th WR IMO... Last year he played very well for a rookie, that wasnt even in the thick of things till the end...

If Plummer could of got him the ball better his numbers would of been alot better....

With the 2 Picks at WR, and McAaddley in his second year I think well have a solid WR corps... Although I would Love to get a solid #1 Veteran in here for consistancey...

I agree totally. McAddley was totally impressive last year as a rookie. I think this guy is going to be a gamer and a solid #2 receiver for years to come.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I am not that worked up over robinson..he would have struggled for catches with 2 guys in round 1 and 2, mcaddley and gilmore..they will be given the chance to succeed..I want guys on defense..we have some guys who have been given the opportunity in the past and have not done that great (stone, rhinehart, hill, wakefield, etc.).

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Anyone know of any video clip highlights of Gilmore on the internet anywhere?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by SeattleCardsFan
Anyone know of any video clip highlights of Gilmore on the internet anywhere?

Wasn't he injured in the first week or two?

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Yes, but I was wondering college or preseason or anything. I'm just trying to see for myself why everyone is so hot on him.

Sack Daddy

Veteran
Reaction score
Gilmore is a burner and that's what excites people about him. Whether his hands match his wheels, we don't know for sure.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody in their right mind would go into a season with all these unproven receivers.

Have to get at least one vet and Graves screwed up the Robinson deal.

Harpo

All Hail the New Regime!
Reaction score
There has to be a clip of Gilmore's 1 NFL reception in 3 years somewhere.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just trying to see for myself why everyone is so hot on him.
Gilmore looked dominant in preseason and I believe the early one or two games of the regular season.

He got injured when on a pass pattern, an opponent rolled up his leg near the back of the end zone and he broke his leg. (I don't remember whether or not he still scored a TD on that play).

I seem to remember one other play where he caught a short slant pass and outran everyone to score a long TD.

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin

He got injured when on a pass pattern, an opponent rolled up his leg near the back of the end zone and he broke his leg. (I don't remember whether or not he still scored a TD on that play).

[/COLOR]

He didn't score. The QB (who shall remain nameless) overthrew the ball out of the back of the endzone.

I think mostly people are hyped on Gilmore because its been reported that Sullivan thinks very highly of him. I'm thinking as the OC if Sullivan thought he needed Robinson, Sanders, or Martay they'd have been signed. So maybe he does think Gilmore and McAddley are ready to take it to the next level.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort