Referees strike again

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Once again the referees did everything they could to cover the spread for Tenessee today. I have never been so disguested with officiating since the Suns vs. San Antonio series and suspensions a few years back. This game, as well as the Philly game were very strange. Referees impacted the game greatly for Tenessee today. They werent making the calls on the other side either. It got laughable. If this was a nationally televised game, as well as the Philly game, there would be some serious criticism.

Cards played a monster game today to overcome this stuff. They delivered hit after hit, and Carson was money when it counted. Despite being on the road, the refs, fitzpatricks game of his life, and the ball bouncing their way, the Cards pulled this out. Feels good but almost had to buy a new Samsung TV.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good when we win a game and can bitch about the refs. There have been dozens of games where we weren't able to overcome bad calls.

Todays game was brutal.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't think they could get worse than the refs in Philli. Guess I was wrong. All I want is a little consistency!

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy who held Fitz on the no-call should at least had the courtesy to take him to dinner and buy him a bouquet of flowers first.

roland77

Rookie
Reaction score
I thought the late hit on Powers when he ran back the int that wasn't was a terrible no call as well.

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The TD drive they had consisted of four five yeard penalties that resulted in first downs. I cant remember them all but hopefully someone can help fill in the other two:
1. Illegal hands to the face on the outside where it was so minimal and the reciever had nothing to do with the play. Fitzpatrick was dancing around for his life, not even looking down field, and was eventually sacked.

2. 'hitting a defenseless receiver' on like the 5 yard line, i think it was Bell or Rashad. There was no way for him to get out of the way or avoid the hit. Terrible call. Resulted in 1st down.

3. (fill in)
4. (fill in)

Flags were so late too.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
No paranoia. All we want is a little consistency. Sure the refs will never be perfect, but like calling the strike zone in baseball, make it the same for both teams. I don't think that is too much to ask from professional refs.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Very happy we won and could overcome the crazy refereeing. Never saw so many calls go against us and some obivious (Fitz held on route) not called for us. No idea how they missed that one. It happened right out in the open. Was so bad whenever a flag was thrown I immediately thought what are they calling on us now.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how it will be in Seattle??? Cards should get the calls there..... Not

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
The TD drive they had consisted of four five yeard penalties that resulted in first downs. I cant remember them all but hopefully someone can help fill in the other two:
1. Illegal hands to the face on the outside where it was so minimal and the reciever had nothing to do with the play. Fitzpatrick was dancing around for his life, not even looking down field, and was eventually sacked.

2. 'hitting a defenseless receiver' on like the 5 yard line, i think it was Bell or Rashad. There was no way for him to get out of the way or avoid the hit. Terrible call. Resulted in 1st down.

3. (fill in)
4. (fill in)

Flags were so late too.

3. "Taunting" on Daryl Washington, he hurt the guys feelings or something like that. Just kidding he clapped (kind of in the defender's face), that gets you an automatic first down after a great stop by D-Wash on 3rd down. Technically a correct call, just very difficult to swallow with Fitz/Floyd getting mauled on the other end.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3. "Taunting" on Daryl Washington, he hurt the guys feelings or something like that. Just kidding he clapped (kind of in the defender's face), that gets you an automatic first down after a great stop by D-Wash on 3rd down. Technically a correct call, just very difficult to swallow with Fitz/Floyd getting mauled on the other end.

******* move by Washington there. Just can't do it.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score

Standing over a victim and clapping will get a flag every time.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Considering watching the games I had to endure today(Philly/Minny, Dallas/GB, NYJ/Carolina) and seeing players get into the faces of opposing players after a good play and no flag I would consider that an egregiously ticky tack call. My guess it's in retaliation to Washington's outburst in Philly. They're paying attention to him.

Question, how was the hit on Cason in overtime not called?

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I threw the remote and broke my TV- Like an immature lil baby- Ahhg watched the rest of the game through shattered lines - But really I expected the officials too rip off their striped shirts to reveal their Titan jerseys underneath!

Another NFL official review on Wednesday- Another OUR BAD sorry about your _uck- Another East Coast Bias- wouldn't change it if regardless effort - by the NFL to police itself.

Until the Networks demand an outside the NFL offices NFL officials review in a TV contract - Were stuck with it and Seattle caught it too in their SB- Just as blatent as we did in our SB- East Coast wins just pay more money- like Gollum Gollum- MY PRECIOUS!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Considering watching the games I had to endure today(Philly/Minny, Dallas/GB, NYJ/Carolina) and seeing players get into the faces of opposing players after a good play and no flag I would consider that an egregiously ticky tack call. My guess it's in retaliation to Washington's outburst in Philly. They're paying attention to him.

Lets go over all the new rules that were written by todays officiating crew.

1. Spear/launching helmet to helmet contact is legal on onside kicks.

2. Hitting a WR in the chest with a shoulderpad is not permitted in the
endzone because they are defenseless.

3. Roughing the passer is only illegal when you are wearing red.
3a.If you are wearing blue hits to the helmet, low hits to the ankles and throwing a QB down is perfectly legal.

4. Facemask tackles are legal in Overtime after an interception.

5. Placing two hands and holding any WR with the last name Fitzgerald is legal.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Fitz

The launch and spear with the top of the helmet on Fitz to get the onside kick too- Our guys were playing scared to get a penalty while the Titans recklessly abandoned the rule book without consequence!

Like they didn't freaking see that?

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards-9 penalties for 69 yards

Titant-3 penalties for 16 yards

That doesn't strike you as one sided?

The worst part was not necessarily the yardage, it was that they all resulted in 1st downs off of 3rd down plays it seemed like.

I agree with most posters in that i can live with some questionable calls as long as they are consistent for both sides.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We get home cooking too. Just have to play thru it, which we did. Good win, **** up, go home and get ready for SF. Good job boys.