RB Darrel Williams recently in for visit

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He can both run and catch the ball. There is a lot to like.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim sure bringin in the big gm changers this offseason ... /facepalm hope he does well if signed

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Williams, but I don't really see him as an Edmonds replacement. He isn't as fast or agile, and he doesn't run a full route tree like Edmonds. He would still be a solid addition, though.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
meh, he’s not that good. Not very elusive, not very fast, and not going to run anyone over. Is this going to cost us a compensatory pick if we sign him?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Cardinals- "We are giving you a chance, I mean another chance, or rather some more chances to prove yourself... kind of like those solicitors who tell you this is your final notice, when it's not"
Williams- "What do you mean by all these 'chances'? I also don't need any car insurance"
Cardinals- "Ya know, maybe this time we just might let you play an extra 4 games till we cut and sign you again"
Williams- "You guys are weird, but I am desperate, so I'll sign"
Williams starts signing his name and Michael grabs his pen and stops him
Cardinals- "We apologize, you are not who we thought you were as Denny Green might not say"
A disgruntle Darrel hands the official signing pen back to Michael but Michael feels bad and says, "hell, you can keep it, we have a lot of those"
Williams goes back to his hotel and can't sleep after this ordeal, so he takes out the fancy pen and sees the inscription 'Kerwynn Williams'

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Williams, but I don't really see him as an Edmonds replacement. He isn't as fast or agile, and he doesn't run a full route tree like Edmonds. He would still be a solid addition, though.

What route tree is this? Edmonds was the checkdown king. All he did was run 6 yards, turn around and wait for the checkdown. Hence his career average of 7.2 yards per reception which is low for a RB. David Johnson averaged 11-12 during his peak years here and Williams averaged 9.6 YPR last year.

I like Edmonds. He's a good player but he didn't do anything for us in the pass game except 5 yard checkdowns. When did Edmonds ever do this?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn