RB Darrel Williams recently in for visit

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
See… I think this is another example of the type of misrepresentation of the past I mentioned in the other thread that is continually leading to flame wars and attacks.

I remember most people thinking it was an okay to solid signing and the board was generally in agreement that it shored up our depth in the running backs room.

And after finding the thread, that’s pretty much what I found:

Well, that and that “darksiders” words were twisted and posters tried pretty hard to start fights with them when none really existed. There were two pretty vocal dissenters but that’s true with any player that’s ever signed. Did people go crazy for it? No, but a 21 page thread doesn’t exactly say apathy to me.

By post #2 of that thread, Stout was offering up his view, which he summed up as follows: :barf:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
By post #2 of that thread, Stout was offering up his view, which he summed up as follows: :barf:
Oh, I was definitely dissenter #2. With good cause, too--I saw it all happen with him in Pittsburgh. Now, JC went and had a fine season for us and got us to a great position before he got hurt at the key time to hurt the team. So he gets a ton of credit. Without him, we wouldn't have been as good as we were.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh, I was definitely dissenter #2. With good cause, too--I saw it all happen with him in Pittsburgh. Now, JC went and had a fine season for us and got us to a great position before he got hurt at the key time to hurt the team. So he gets a ton of credit. Without him, we wouldn't have been as good as we were.

So a lesson in not jumping to conclusions that I'm sure you'll remember. :lmao:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So a lesson in not jumping to conclusions that I'm sure you'll remember. :lmao:
QC trying to take a cheap shot. El schocko dismayo!

Like I said, he was hurt for a critical part of the season, so...

But, yes, as always, I can hold my hand up and say I was wrong. He was well worth signing last season and more than outplayed his contract.

QC, the first time I read you admit you were wrong will be the last time. Some of us can handle that we're not always right. Others...yeah.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. Living in PA, I pretty much have watched a ton of Steeler games over the years. One thing with Conners that is undeniable is that with his hard running style, he IS vulnerable to injury. No one can question his heart, and his drive though. I was fine with his signing last year because I knew how pathetic the Steelers OL had been the past few years, and that we SO needed a guy that could pick up the tough yards. Because of his propensity to eventually miss games, it's imperative that we add a RB with similar skills to Conners. I think Eno more resembles what we lose with Edmonds, but we don't have anyone currently on the roster to fill in for Conners, if and when he goes down. That's an abolute MUST going into the season.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any word on the Williams visit? Does it look like we'll sign him? Even if we do, I still think we should draft one later in the draft.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had reservations about Conner but I didn’t hate. I said last year that after signing Conner it wasn’t enough.

I firmly believe you need 3 capable running backs in todays game. We went into last season with our 3rd and 4th rb having a total of 1 ( one!) carry between them.

That turned out to be right. Why? Well, when Edmonds and/or Conner went down we basically became a 1 back team. Why?

Good question. Is Eno and Ward not capable? Is it because this staff refuses to play their younger players? There were plenty of games last year where we could have sat Edmonds and Conner late in the game to ready Eno and/or Ward but we didn’t.

If we draft a rb this year I fear the same thing. We’ll hear about pass protection and adjusting to the NFL game.

I would be very happy signing Williams. He’s young and capable of picking up some carries. Maybe this staff won’t be afraid to use him.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
QC trying to take a cheap shot. El schocko dismayo!

Like I said, he was hurt for a critical part of the season, so...

But, yes, as always, I can hold my hand up and say I was wrong. He was well worth signing last season and more than outplayed his contract.

QC, the first time I read you admit you were wrong will be the last time. Some of us can handle that we're not always right. Others...yeah.
Cheap shot? Non, pas du tout.

It's not your fault. I blame your parents for your deeply engrained temperamental inability to not continuously jump to conclusions. Sigh! :cry:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm trying to be more than fair too both sides. Be patient with me.

Okay back to the Darrel Williams topic without the personal insults.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stay on topic please. Warnings will be handed out if we can't stay on topic.
The hard life of being a moderator and u are brand new doing it
Just a question
Its not better banning people from a single thread instead banning them from all the forum?

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a question
Its not better banning people from a single thread instead banning them for all the forum?
There are no rule books on being a mod. You ban somebody "everybody gets upset", you don't ban somebody "everybody gets upset". I follow the three strikes and your out rule that's why I issue warnings. Don't matter what side you bleed darksider/koolaid drinker break the rules and you get warnings from me and then banned.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a question
Its not better banning people from a single thread instead banning them for all the forum?
Just to add to this there are other mods that can overrule me and instantly ban the said offender. Which is perfectly fine by me.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheap shot? Non, pas du tout.

It's not your fault. I blame your parents for your deeply engrained temperamental inability to not continuously jump to conclusions. Sigh! :cry:
Yes this deserve a break no doubt…. It’s coming to those that reported thank you.