Michael Carter RB

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Definitely should be back next year. I don't know enough about demercado to say if he will develop into more than a backup...I'm pretty much always up for taking a day 3 RB and hoping you strike gold.
I think he’s under contract for 2024, so he’s not going anywhere…and I think he’ll prove to be RB2.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Agreed. It is strange seeing a Cardinals team with a solid rushing attack. Which we have seen fairly often this year. The OLine deserves credit as well. The offense has the potential to be quite good as early as next year. Especially if we see Kyler like he was today more often.

I was pretty negative about the Drew Petzing hire initially, but honestly he has been pretty solid.(especially considering the talent level)

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carter was very impressive today. Real good pickup. I too was puzzled when Demercado was getting more time. We needed a back like Carter. If we do draft a RB I may wait till the fourth round at least. Just too many other needs.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Carter was very impressive today. Real good pickup. I too was puzzled when Demercado was getting more time. We needed a back like Carter. If we do draft a RB I may wait till the fourth round at least. Just too many other needs.
I think with Demercardo they were/are just wanting to see exactly what they have and if they think he can be a substantial part of the future.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This kid was on my radar because he saved my fantasy football season when he was a rookie. Explosive, but still physical I thought. I think he got buried by them bringing in Cook, but I was puzzled he wasn't getting more of a chance with the Jets. I was happy when we got him. He's exactly the change of pace from Conner that we needed.

He's only 24, signed for another year. I am excited to see what he does next year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carter apparently had lots of issues in pass pro when he was first in the league and it limited the Jets ability to play him when they drafted Wilson.

Saleh said they cut him to give him a chance for a bigger opportunity, I hope that's true, I think most people assumed there were "issues" that led to his release but Saleh said it was really simple, they couldn't play him as much as they did the other guys and they felt he was too good of a runner to "rot on the bench."

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Carter apparently had lots of issues in pass pro when he was first in the league and it limited the Jets ability to play him when they drafted Wilson.

Saleh said they cut him to give him a chance for a bigger opportunity, I hope that's true, I think most people assumed there were "issues" that led to his release but Saleh said it was really simple, they couldn't play him as much as they did the other guys and they felt he was too good of a runner to "rot on the bench."
This is also the same Jets team who looked at the entire QB landscape when Rodgers went down and were like, nah we good. lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is also the same Jets team who looked at the entire QB landscape when Rodgers went down and were like, nah we good. lol

Generally speaking RB's are good right away or not, Carter was but his PT fell off and it was assumed it was because they drafted Wilson and with a young QB, pass pro is really important at RB and Carter just wasn't good at it and they thought it was a real problem with Wilson back there.

Of course the area most young RB"s have to improve at is.... pass pro.

And in our offense it's different anyways we are a run first offense. Would be great if he is for real, I like DeMercado as I've said before he has a real feel for running and is very patient for a young RB, but he's just limited because he doesn't have top end speed, Carter does.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Generally speaking RB's are good right away or not, Carter was but his PT fell off and it was assumed it was because they drafted Wilson and with a young QB, pass pro is really important at RB and Carter just wasn't good at it and they thought it was a real problem with Wilson back there.

Of course the area most young RB"s have to improve at is.... pass pro.

And in our offense it's different anyways we are a run first offense. Would be great if he is for real, I like DeMercado as I've said before he has a real feel for running and is very patient for a young RB, but he's just limited because he doesn't have top end speed, Carter does.
Cards could end up with a backfield similar to the Alstott & Dunn Buccaneers.