RB Conner re-signs with Cards

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Gambo sez Cards had an offer to Edmonds for 3/14, but pulled it after Conner signed. I'd have preferred Edmonds for 3/14 compared to Conner at 3/21.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Imo
Its easier to find Edmonds replacement then Conner replacement, he is an old school rb with receiving skills
I think they're both half of a RB duo - neither is durable enough to be a lead back, and they were both most effective in complimentary roles. Maybe Eno can replicate the Edmonds role, but RB's are cheap! I'm sure there would be another option cheap.

I'd much rather spend money on either line and go cheap on RB, but the Cards love paying RB's!

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am in the vast minority of people who don't particularly like this move, but I'm not surprised by it.

He seems like a great guy, and his leadership is huge. He also has a toughness element this team otherwise lacks. But his style of play does open him up to more injuries, especially at 27. The tread on his tires will start to add up. Also, where is the speed on this offense? Or on this team, in general? And why are we spending money on older tight ends and running backs with so many needs at more crucial positions?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We kept a RB who accounted for 18 TDs, not sure we get that from any of the RBs on the market. Without Conner the Cards likely only win 8 games last season, maybe less.
You have to consider that Kyler didn't need to run himself near the end zone. Kyler with a different back could have easily run in for a handful of those if not more if needed. That fact that Kyler didn't need to though can't be understated.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much a guy like Latavius Murray would cost. He could spell Conner and save some wear and tear.
At this point If Conner were to go down it would be devastating.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wonder how much a guy like Latavius Murray would cost. He could spell Conner and save some wear and tear.
At this point If Conner were to go down it would be devastating.
Take our running game from slow to glacial

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I dont really get why people dont like this. Conner was a stud in the redzone, led the NFL in TDs and showed some real pride and toughness playing hurt in the playoffs (and busting it in for a TD)... he's exactly the sort of player we need to keep
I believe the argument would be that we have limited resources in FA money, and RB's to an extent can be a dime a dozen. (Conner himself was a one year prove it deal!)

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I heard there are some scat back types which can be had in the 5th rnd onward... although I have no idea if that's true

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am in the vast minority of people who don't particularly like this move, but I'm not surprised by it.

He seems like a great guy, and his leadership is huge. He also has a toughness element this team otherwise lacks. But his style of play does open him up to more injuries, especially at 27. The tread on his tires will start to add up. Also, where is the speed on this offense? Or on this team, in general? And why are we spending money on older tight ends and running backs with so many needs at more crucial positions?

Ertz and Conner are 'quality' birds in hand, and they are worth more than no name feathered friends.

As to speed: there were dozens of w/o and RBs under 4.4 at the Combine.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ertz and Conner are 'quality' birds in hand, and they are worth more than no name feathered friends.

As to speed: there were dozens of w/o and RBs under 4.4 at the Combine.

I think this is why they didn't keep Edmonds. He just didn't have breakaway speed.

A few times in the last year alone he should have had long TD's but was easily caught. I expect we will look for a change of pace back that has more speed.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sweet resign conor brings much needed attiude to cards :) good resigns in eartz conor!!

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score

Wait, so now 27 is old????

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson