Rapoport: Cardinals trading out of #3 very very likely

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
this team is not one Wil Anderson pick away from competing.

This team needs to stock pile picks and completely rebuild the trenches. if someone like Detroit wants to give the cardinals another first rounder to trade down you run to that.

we need MULTIPLE o-linemand and MULTIPLE D-lineman. They need to rebuild the running back room and draft actual talent and size in the WR department.

They ultimately will have a top five pick NEXT year and I would like to see the same mindset there as well. Draft Corners/D-lineman, O-lineman.

Jesus Christ our punter and Place Kicker are a combined 100 years old. THEY need to be replaced.

At least we'll be able to watch a new team grow from the ground up

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
hey dont get me wrong, i'd love him on the cardinals and believe it would definitely help the team going forward to have a Myles Garrett type player to build the D around but it would be prudent to accrue picks given the current state of the roster.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
this team is not one Wil Anderson pick away from competing.

This team needs to stock pile picks and completely rebuild the trenches. if someone like Detroit wants to give the cardinals another first rounder to trade down you run to that.

we need MULTIPLE o-linemand and MULTIPLE D-lineman. They need to rebuild the running back room and draft actual talent and size in the WR department.

They ultimately will have a top five pick NEXT year and I would like to see the same mindset there as well. Draft Corners/D-lineman, O-lineman.

Jesus Christ our punter and Place Kicker are a combined 100 years old. THEY need to be replaced.

At least we'll be able to watch a new team grow from the ground up
Imagine thinking a 1st time GM is going to be able to hit on the picks he gets from this trade with a greater impact than Will Anderson at arguably the 2nd most important position in football.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mods, if we pass on Anderson for a trade down, do we have permission to go absolutely nuclear? lol
I’d say it’s best to see how it shakes out… We could move down to number four and possibly still get him… stuff like that been done before

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
hey dont get me wrong, i'd love him on the cardinals and believe it would definitely help the team going forward to have a Myles Garrett type player to build the D around but it would be prudent to accrue picks given the current state of the roster.
Sacrificing top end talent for depth is a luxury when you have top end talent. We have neither.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine thinking a 1st time GM is going to be able to hit on the picks he gets from this trade with a greater impact than Will Anderson at arguably the 2nd most important position in football.
You say that, but exactly what did Hassan Reddick do in the super bowl?

To me that game showed offensive line is a lot more important.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’d say it’s best to see how it shakes out… We could move down to number four and possibly still get him… stuff like that been done before
That would be acceptable, and preferable even. This rather sounds like, "Nah, no thanks to Anderson...moar picks please!" Shades of 2003.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You say that, but exactly what did Hassan Reddick do in the super bowl?

To me that game showed offensive line is a lot more important.
And the Chiefs had the #4 OL, by the end of the year, per PFF. Linups.com had them at #2, behind the Eagles OL..Sharp Football Analysis had them at #3...so there is definitely something to say about OL play and long-term winning success.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sacrificing top end talent for depth is a luxury when you have top end talent. We have neither.
There are just as many 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th picks that succeed as 3rd picks.

I just don't buy this massive dropoff myth. And the chances of getting another starting caliber player with an additional 2nd is pretty important when we are missing about half the starters we need.

We aren't talking about filling in depth with this team we are talking about filling all the starters with starting caliber players. For example our current Defensive line are literally all street level free agent quality.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There are just as many 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th picks that succeed as 3rd picks.

I just don't buy this massive dropoff myth. And the chances of getting another starting caliber player with an additional 2nd is pretty important when we are missing about half the starters we need.

We aren't talking about filling in depth with this team we are talking about filling all the starters with starting caliber players. For example our current Defensive line are literally all street level free agent quality.
Except we're not talking about a "maybe we can get a great player at #3." We're talking having about as close to a sure thing as you can get, and at a position of need, and at a position of high importance, and at a position that directly impacts your whole defense. At the second most important position on a football team.

Please, please let's not repeat 2003. PLEASE.

We shouldn't have to say it, but those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose