Rams at Cardinals gameday thread 12-13-2021

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You would think that the game would start slowing down for Kilff during his third year, learning from his past mistakes. We hear he is a book worm and starts the day bright and early at 5am, he can't slow the tape down and see where his miscues are, especially when it's crunch time and the HC (yes, him) needs to make critical decisions in the span of a few seconds (TOs, clocking the ball, kicking a FG, etc.)... This really bewilders me and separates KK from the league's best like Belichick. #performanceanxiety

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Extremely embarrassing performance by the Cards. :rolleyes: This team clearly can't handle playing in prime time or at home. :(

2nd bad loss at home to a rather short-handed team. :(
We had 457 yards!!! And only gave up 360. We had 2 turnovers. That was game. Think if we don’t throw the first int and kick a fg. Or the other one which gave them a td.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You would think that the game would start slowing down for Kilff during his third year, learning from his past mistakes. We hear he is a book worm and starts the day bright and early at 5am, he can't slow the tape down and see where his miscues are, especially when it's crunch time and the HC (yes, him) needs to make critical decisions in the span of a few seconds (TOs, clocking the ball, kicking a FG, etc.)... This really bewilders me and separates KK from the league's best like Belichick. #performanceanxiety
Very little coaching occurs inside of 2 min with no timeouts. That is all on your QB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. 2 min rules are drilled into QBs from middle school. If Kyler doesn't have the concept down by now it is on him. Save clock. Throw outside. Don't take sacks. These aren't NFL concepts, they are basic football concepts.

Anyone who says it’s not a little concerning at this point is kidding themselves.

Reactions: PJ1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Disagree. 2 min rules are drilled into QBs from middle school. If Kyler doesn't have the concept down by now it is on him. Save clock. Throw outside. Don't take sacks. These aren't NFL concepts, they are basic football concepts.
Those, of course. I’m talking the final play where the linemen didn’t block bc they made a bad assumption. Every team I’ve played on from pop Warner to high school to college had the QB screaming one call or another. Simple words that are really different to know if it’s a spike or live play. Here most of the team assumed spoke even though Murray ran around and blew the rest of the clock. That’s miscommunication and that goes back to coaching.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could the refs have made it anymore obvious they wanted us to lose? how the hell wasnt that offsides by the defense?

can't have 1 team with too much of a lead with so much season to go.

if you mean Miller on replay I don't think he was offsides, live I thought he was. They just didn't block him

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game was an ugly outlier for the season. I hope this isn’t an indicator that kliff and kyler can’t handle big games. That’s two of them where we came in unprepared and played below our standard this year. Doesn’t bode well for the playoffs. Two more big tests remain with colts and Cowboys.

It’s three when you factor in last year’s win and in playoff game... at home... against the Niners who were missing half of their team and down to their third string QB... which we looked pathetic in and also lost.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Those, of course. I’m talking the final play where the linemen didn’t block bc they made a bad assumption. Every team I’ve played on from pop Warner to high school to college had the QB screaming one call or another. Simple words that are really different to know if it’s a spike or live play. Here most of the team assumed spoke even though Murray ran around and blew the rest of the clock. That’s miscommunication and that goes back to coaching.
Again. That is on the QB. You think Kliff is coaching him to snap the ball with a running clock and downs. You snap, spike and run a set play. QB should know that> Hell, the line did.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cards left at least 20 makeable points left on the field. Kliff reverted to his spastic play calling, Kyler crapped the bed, the OLine was pathetic and the defense couldn't stop a nose bleed. And they STILL had a chance at the end.

All is not lost. This was just a bad, bad game.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This game was an ugly outlier for the season. I hope this isn’t an indicator that kliff and kyler can’t handle big games. That’s two of them where we came in unprepared and played below our standard this year. Doesn’t bode well for the playoffs. Two more big tests remain with colts and Cowboys.
Zero chance this team defeats the Colts.

I think their final record winds up 12-5.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Guys we had 457 yards. And lost 20
On the last series. They had every play go there way. No bad calls and we had 2 terrible
Turnovers. And they had to hang on to win. I think we are over blowing it. Plus I’m ok going on the road. Stats don’t lie
No bad calls? The facemask would’ve given them the ball with first within the 5. That’s a TD instead of a FG and we are getting our doors blown in. Your claim through the second half of a moral victory is just misplaced.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
On the last series. They had every play go there way. No bad calls and we had 2 terrible
Turnovers. And they had to hang on to win. I think we are over blowing it. Plus I’m ok going on the road. Stats don’t lie
See! I can get behind these posts! Just no trolling I told you so’s

Reaction score
The rams didn’t have any bad calls? Did you not see the obvious face mask against Stafford . A TD there instead of 3, and the game was over.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Defensive line without Watt is mediocre at best
Our pass rushers are too slow to contain
Hicks playing every snaps even if he
Is the worst ilb in passing downs
Tackling skills is a concern, often give up extra yards
Murray can't make any mistakes or we have no chance down the road

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads