Rams 14 Cards 31: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All I have to say is 'whew'. Dodged a huge bullet here. Well, here's my analysis:

The Good

Comeback Win-Down 14-10 in the 4th quarter and Palmer goes down. Stanton comes in and with 1 quick strike gives the Cards the lead never to relinquish it.

8-1-The last time the Cards were 8-1, Harry Truman was defeating Thomas Dewey. Still the best record in football.

2nd Half Defense-Until the Rams final drive, the defense gave up nearly nothing in the 2nd half and when they needed it most, stepped up and got 2 key turnovers for TD's salting the game away.

Drew Stanton-What can you say about the guy. Comes in to pinch hit, throws a bomb, and sparks the team. Can't ask for anything more.

John Brown-The kid is looking like a flat out draft steal stud. 2 of the last 3 weeks he catches what turns into a game winning TD.

The Bad

Rushing Game-The Rams came into the game with the 3rd worst rushing defense in the league. But today they looked like the '85 Bears. Next week we have the toughest defense in the league in the Lions. We need to get the rushing game off the ground.

Offense In General-Just seemed out of sorts all game and just when things seemed to be working, we malfunction and throw a pick or kill the drive. And 18 yards in a quarter, ugh. This can't happen next week.

Streak Is Over-Cat-Man's streak is over but I can't fault the kid. It was a 53 yard attempt after our #1 QB went down. I'm confident that he'll be fine the rest of the way. He got that miss out of the way and now he can relax and do his job.

The Ugly

Paul Fanaika-This guy is terrible. In the first quarter our offense had 18 yards total. Fanaika had 20 yards in penalties. I don't know if Cooper killed Arians' dog or something but there's no excuse for him to continue to throw this hack on the field every game.

Carson Palmer Hurt-Torn ACL. Out for the season. Figures since the team just handed him $20 guaranteed million. The luck this team has sometimes.

That's it for now. Feel free to add.

Last edited:

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
NJCardFan;3075669 [B said:
The Bad[/B]

Rushing Game-The Rams came into the game with the 3rd worst rushing defense in the league. But today they looked like the '85 Bears.

That's because the Rams were playing the 46 Defense.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fanaika was really bad today. There is no reason not to give Cooper a shot.

Sendlein was getting worked today also. The interior line play was bad.

The Oline in general was really poor with no push at all on run plays

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LMAO, again, your keyboard keeps typing BA when it should be typing Whiz... I think it's malfunctioning amigo.

Whiz is another story for another day, but BA's play calling has disappointed me the past few games. He's admitted that himself. Awesome job as HC though!!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Whiz is another story for another day, but BA's play calling has disappointed me the past few games. He's admitted that himself. Awesome job as HC though!!

The only thing he admitted was the Eagles using a defense that caught him off guard and he wasn't prepared for based on the tape.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fanaika was really bad today. There is no reason not to give Cooper a shot.

Sendlein was getting worked today also. The interior line play was bad.

The Oline in general was really poor with no push at all on run plays

They got a hell of a defensive line.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Cooper is turning out to be a humongous BUUUUUUSSSSSTTTT! FCOL.

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Have to add Peterson to the good list. One of the most amazing INTs you'll ever see, not to mention he took it to the house and had another INT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can I just say I'm glad that Catman missed his first FG? Would rather have that happen now, then have him at 100% before a game winner with all the pressure in the world on him.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The D was fantastic. Besides that one TE pass, they played damn good! I just hope the offense gets on the same page before we hit playoffs. If Stanton can be consistent in the red zone, we have a great chance to do well.

I am just tired of seeing the team win because of the D. I want to O to dominate games.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Cooper is turning out to be a humongous BUUUUUUSSSSSTTTT! FCOL.

How can you say that. He hasn't even gotten a chance to play yet. Injured all last year, and because he was still ailing early this season was beaten out by a guy that won't hold a candle to him once he gets to play. It is just that the Coach doesn't want to mess with the chemistry on what has been a very successful O-line this year. There is no bust here on this O-line. Wait and see how things pan out.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The D was fantastic. Besides that one TE pass, they played damn good! I just hope the offense gets on the same page before we hit playoffs. If Stanton can be consistent in the red zone, we have a great chance to do well.

I am just tired of seeing the team win because of the D. I want to O to dominate games.

The '85 Bears, '90 Giants, and the '00 Ravens all won the Super Bowl because of their D. I'd love to be included in that list.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you say that. He hasn't even gotten a chance to play yet.

Catfish, I think you answered your own question. He hasn't had a chance to play yet should say something about how the coaching staff feels about him. None of us really know why he isn't playing but my guess is they just don't feel he's good enough. Do i want him to be a bust, oh my gosh no!

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score

I'm so with you here Shaggy! This offense even with Stanton at the helm should be consistently putting up 30 plus points on teams. They have all the weapons in the world and continue to be underachievers. At this half way point in the season they need to put it all together. It's the only thing that is keeping them from true Super Bowl contention.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard