Raja Bell Suspended For Game 6...

jibikao

Reaction score
Not surprised and it's probably better for team.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
and one of Kobe's fouls has been upgraded to a flagrant 1.

we hoped he wouldn't be, but shouldn't be surprised by it.

OP
OP
sly fly

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
The Lakers still have no one who can guard Nash.

Double Kobe. Alternate Barbosa/James Jones.

Or... play a match-up zone, w/ a box&1 on Kobe.

Mike D and his staff will come up with something.

Time for Tim Thomas, James Jones, and Eddie House to step up.

Frankly, I still think the Lakers butt-pucker factor will be off the charts. Let's see how they react to a game they're "supposed" to win.

asudevil83

Reaction score
well if it is what it is now.

clear bias of the lakers over the suns. game 6 is going to be a challenge for us. i do have confidence in our team though. we seem to have figured out how to score. the big thing is throwing an effective double team on kobe and rotating well. if we can do that, then we should be able to take game 6.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
How about this for defensive match-ups

Brown- Thomas
Odom- Diaw
Walton- Jones
Kobe- Marion
Parker- Nash

Now we have a reason to take Marion off Odom

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
No big surprise, and hardly grounds for complaint. But I still can't understand why Brown got off the hook.

asudevil83

Reaction score
elindholm said:
No big surprise, and hardly grounds for complaint. But I still can't understand why Brown got off the hook.

that's my only complaint also.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
elindholm said:

It's not normally like you to miss something so obvious... Brown was wearing a "Laker" jersey.

OP
OP
sly fly

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:

Brown- Thomas
Odom- Diaw
Walton- Jones
Kobe- Marion
Parker- Nash

There you go. Now, that's called contribution!

The pressure is placed squarely on LA's shoulders to close out PHX Thursday. If they don't, they have to come back to an extremely hostile environment with Raja providing a HUGE emotional return.

Why should PHX be scared of LA?

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
that's my only complaint also.

Dido. What Brown did was much more dangerous and he got off. If Raja threw a 'bow like that to Kobe then stood over and mocked him, Raja would def be gone for more than 1 game. DOUBLE STANDARD

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
sly fly said:
There you go. Now, that's called contribution!

The pressure is placed squarely on LA's shoulders to close out PHX Thursday. If they don't, they have to come back to an extremely hostile environment with Raja providing a HUGE emotional return.

Why should PHX be scared of LA?

I'm a obviously a huge Suns fan but I think the extremely hostile enviroment resides in L.A., especially after the physical game 5. Bickley even said on Monday that L.A. was the loudest NBA venue he's ever been to and that they make our fans look like crickets. I hope that when we bring game 7 back to the desert that the crowd goes crazy and shows LA what PHX is all about

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't say that he didn't deserve to be suspended, but the league is definitely showing a double standard with the Lakers, as they always have.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's still not on ESPN or NBA.com

Edit: now it's there.........

I still don't agree with the double standard even though I can see why Bell is suspended. I say his foul is much less dangerous than Waltons and not as bad as Kwame's because he didn't stand over him.

Last edited:

a red stapler

Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:

Brown- Thomas
Odom- Diaw
Walton- Jones
Kobe- Marion
Parker- Nash

That's a solid line-up but i would put marion on Walton because I think he would Eat walton up all night and still be able to help out on Kobe

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
the problem with either jones or marion on kobe is the lateral movement, the only player capable of keeping up with him lateraly is Barbosa who has actually done a fairly decent job on him and expect him to start off on Kobe with immediate double team help...

sunsfn

Reaction score
Updated: May 3, 2006, 6:02 PM ET

Bell suspended one game for takedown of Bryant

ESPN.com news services

The Phoenix Suns forced a Game 6 with the Lakers, but Raja Bell won't be on the court for them in Los Angeles on Thursday.

Bell was suspended for throwing Kobe Bryant to the floor in Tuesday night's game. He was hit with his second technical foul with 7:33 left in the game for the takedown and was ejected.
The Arizona Republic reported that Suns executive Jerry Colangelo called Stu Jackson as soon as the game ended to get a dialogue started with the NBA's top disciplinarian.
"We don't believe this was an isolated incident or play," Colangelo told the newspaper. "There were a number of things that led up to that flagrant foul. Things that have happened the whole series. A lot of elbows. It's been a very physical matchup between Raja and Kobe. I think Raja was pretty explicit. He lost his head. He overreacted, but a lot of things led to it."
Bell and Bryant also had been called for a double-technical in the second quarter.
"It's been a pretty physical series, and at that point in time I had caught another elbow in the jaw and I lost my head and overreacted to it," Bell said. "It could have cost my team and for that I'm sorry."
After Bell threw Bryant down, he pointed to the Lakers' bench and yelled, "That's your foul."
"It's a physical game," Bryant said. "I'm not trying to go out there and elbow somebody, that's not the way I play. If you get elbowed, you still have to keep your cool. I get elbowed all the time."
Steve Nash said Bell's foul was no worse than some the Lakers committed earlier in the series, so he didn't believe a suspension was warranted.
"They're going to single one out because it's on Kobe? To me that's a shame," Nash said.
"There were a couple of elbows thrown," The Suns' Boris Diaw said. "I saw Raja on the floor twice before he got ejected. Raja got hit many times. It probably was frustration."

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This might actually be a blessing, because if raja was there he would've incited the crowd and really juiced the lakers up. They may have a little emotional come down without him there to go after.
It was clear reading the quotes from odom they really wanted to go straight at him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard