Quick Thought on WRs

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree with the bottom, but I guess you have a lot more faith in the WR core than I do.

I don't by any means think they are great right now but I'm also aware WRs often take time to develop in the NFL. It's one of the toughest positions to translate.

I'd rather see how they do next year and if not then the 2021 class is also very good.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My argument would be Kyler finished 15th in passing yards and the offense was ranked 13th I believe per DVOA.

If we had a top 20 defense this year we win 4 more games.

It wasn't wide receiver that let us down, and we have 4 players still developing. I'd like to see what they have in year 2 where historically receivers make a big leap.
MY GUY! I’m with you. A better defense will make this offense better.

This will get a negative response but that’s okay. If we did nothing with this offense but keep everything in place we will improve just by Kyler and Kliffs growth.

DEFENSE. We need a DE, DT, ILB, and an OLB (minimum) to turn this defense around. I don’t care how we fill those holes but I would prefer 3 free agents and one draft choice. We still won’t have enough depth on either side of the ball and we will need to stay healthy.

I love Juedy and Lamb but as you have said, it’s glitter on a turd. If we draft a wr I would be okay taking a shot at a guy like Michael Pittman in the 3rd only because other than Fitz and Butler we have a small receiving core. Fitz will eventually be gone and we can only hope Butler blossoms. We need a big bruising type receiver.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This will get a negative response but that’s okay. If we did nothing with this offense but keep everything in place we will improve just by Kyler and Kliffs growth.

DEFENSE. We need a DE, DT, ILB, and an OLB (minimum) to turn this defense around. I don’t care how we fill those holes but I would prefer 3 free agents and one draft choice. We still won’t have enough depth on either side of the ball and we will need to stay healthy.

I love Juedy and Lamb but as you have said, it’s glitter on a turd. If we draft a wr I would be okay taking a shot at a guy like Michael Pittman in the 3rd only because other than Fitz and Butler we have a small receiving core. Fitz will eventually be gone and we can only hope Butler blossoms. We need a big bruising type receiver.

Can't like this enough. How many times have Kyler and Kliff had to force calls on the offense because they couldn't trust the defense?

A better defense vastly improves this offense by letting them play their natural game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You can’t win in the playoffs with absolute non-factors at WR.

Look at the remaining teams in the playoffs:

You have to respect AJ Brown.

You have to respect Davante Adams.

You have to respect Tyreek Hill.

You have to respect DK Metcalf.

You have to respect DeAndre Hopkins.

You have to respect Deebo Samuel.
Where you and I disagree is that I believe Hakeem Butler can be every bit of the WR that Metcalf was this year.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score

100% in agreement with this thinking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard