Quantum Break

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone played this yet? The game is a time traveling choose your own adventure shooter that is half game, half live action TV show.

I am into the 3rd act and this is great. Borderline amazing. Graphics are insane and full video cutscenes worthy of any TV show out there.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never even heard of it. Hmm.

Look into it. Not sure it is worth a full $60 purchase, but with your actions changing the story as you go a la TellTale games, it definitely has replay value. I Gamefly'd it.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Haven't played it, but it's also on PC through the Windows store.

This was one of the big Xbox 1 'exclusives' that people were waiting for, it got delayed, and then announced a PC version as well.

From what I've read it seems like it's fun, but people feel like it's short except for the 1/2 hour or something like that live-action scenes, which makes people feel that part drags on. Sort of like... oh I'm having fun playing, I want more.... oh I need to wait a half hour before playing again... yea I'm having fun playing more... oh another huge long cutscene. That's what a lot of people are saying. The parts you play are supposed to be quite innovative and fun.

The main character is played by the guy who plays Iceman in the X-Men movies.

Also heard it's a bit rough performance wise. But supposedly great graphics for what they can do on XBox 1 power levels albeit at 720p. The PC port is superior graphically, but it's not well optimized so it's not running very well on systems it should, so that pissed some people off.

I haven't checked up since the PC patch, and who knows if the new Nvidia Pascal GTX 1070/1080 graphics cards can overcome the original problems.

I'll probably get QB eventually, but not until it hits $20 or lower.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've read it seems like it's fun, but people feel like it's short except for the 1/2 hour or something like that live-action scenes, which makes people feel that part drags on. Sort of like... oh I'm having fun playing, I want more.... oh I need to wait a half hour before playing again... yea I'm having fun playing more... oh another huge long cutscene. That's what a lot of people are saying. The parts you play are supposed to be quite innovative and fun.

this is what got me to no longer like final fantasy. FFX had more cutscenes than I could handle.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is what got me to no longer like final fantasy. FFX had more cutscenes than I could handle.

The cutscenes are long, 15 minutes or so. Just go into the game knowing that and treat it like watching a TV show. It is enjoyable if you think about it that way.