PS4

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny that three of the seven bullets of this meme have to do with trading/re-selling in games. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't live and breathe in the video game resale market. I"ll guess that a good portion of the "OMGZ Micro$oft" outrage has more to do with cutting into the allowance subsidy that these games are good for after the kid beats his Christmas gift in six hours.

I'll end up buying the system that has the games I want to play. All the other stuff is noise to me.

I do. I have 3 360's in my household at the moment that I paid for and another that I didn't. The resale market is big in this household.

They aren't forcing anything. They are providing the technology for games to be restricted.

YES they are. They have said that renting games is flat out not possible with the Xbox One. That means my Gamefly account won't work for Xbox One. Gamefly has been a blessing to me. I have been able to play dozens of games that I wouldn't have if it weren't for them. I also had a blockbuster pass before that. I occasionally rent games at Redbox. Microsoft just took all of those options away from me.

My loyalties are torn at this point. I have Xbox Live paid up through 2015. Live vs PSN matchmaking is not even close in comparison. Like others have said, there is no comparison between the controllers too. Yesterday was the first game in a while that I have sat down and played my PS3 for an extended period of time, my wrist is a little sore right now.

Last last straw is having to pay up front in full for the console 4 months before it comes out. Microsoft, a 40 billion dollar company makes me pay up front in full to preorder.

I will probably get one near launch because I am a Call of Duty whoure, but I am not happy about it at all.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do. I have 3 360's in my household at the moment that I paid for and another that I didn't. The resale market is big in this household.

YES they are. They have said that renting games is flat out not possible with the Xbox One. That means my Gamefly account won't work for Xbox One. Gamefly has been a blessing to me. I have been able to play dozens of games that I wouldn't have if it weren't for them. I also had a blockbuster pass before that. I occasionally rent games at Redbox. Microsoft just took all of those options away from me.

My loyalties are torn at this point. I have Xbox Live paid up through 2015. Live vs PSN matchmaking is not even close in comparison. Like others have said, there is no comparison between the controllers too. Yesterday was the first game in a while that I have sat down and played my PS3 for an extended period of time, my wrist is a little sore right now.

Last last straw is having to pay up front in full for the console 4 months before it comes out. Microsoft, a 40 billion dollar company makes me pay up front in full to preorder.

I will probably get one near launch because I am a Call of Duty whoure, but I am not happy about it at all.

DCR, you card is not charged until the box shipped. I ordered it days ago and my account looks the same and on the receipt it says it will charge once shipped.

Also, I posted their announcement on sharing games in the xbox one thread. I suspect there will be a cheap key along the line of PC games IF they even do go that route. They are still being coy on how rentals will work.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do. I have 3 360's in my household at the moment that I paid for and another that I didn't. The resale market is big in this household...

And nothing will change with those systems.

Are you planning on picking up 3 XB1's anytime soon?

I'm guessing there will be something figured out for households with multiple consoles or else they would be making a big mistake in that regard.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing there will be something figured out for households with multiple consoles or else they would be making a big mistake in that regard.

with the quotes of sharing your game with up to ten family members I wouold assume you could now intall the game on one xboxone and play on all 3

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, I am concerned with the lack of used games. I have a 3 game out policy at Gamefly that we all share. I won't be able to try some of the games out there that I would never purchase for the One. That's huge for me.

DCR, you card is not charged until the box shipped. I ordered it days ago and my account looks the same and on the receipt it says it will charge once shipped.

Also, I posted their announcement on sharing games in the xbox one thread. I suspect there will be a cheap key along the line of PC games IF they even do go that route. They are still being coy on how rentals will work.

Thanks, that will make my decision easier.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the quotes of sharing your game with up to ten family members I wouold assume you could now intall the game on one xboxone and play on all 3

That's what I have heard as well. The problem is that I only buy 2-3 games per year brand new. I will buy a dozen or so on the used game market and the rest of the games I rent. So as of right now, there may or may not be a fee with the dozen or so games that I would buy from the used market and I can't rent games at all.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I am concerned with the lack of used games. I have a 3 game out policy at Gamefly that we all share. I won't be able to try some of the games out there that I would never purchase for the One. That's huge for me...

I can see that.

I always felt that the used stuff was overpriced so I just didn't mess with it. I also don't game enough for Gamefly or Netflix so I never really considered those.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be cool.

The quotes from microsoft ar ein the xboxone thread

No, I am concerned with the lack of used games. I have a 3 game out policy at Gamefly that we all share. I won't be able to try some of the games out there that I would never purchase for the One. That's huge for me.

Thanks, that will make my decision easier.

Back when I gamed much more, I was all over gamefly too. I played far more games than I ever should of so I get your point 100%.

That's what I have heard as well. The problem is that I only buy 2-3 games per year brand new. I will buy a dozen or so on the used game market and the rest of the games I rent. So as of right now, there may or may not be a fee with the dozen or so games that I would buy from the used market and I can't rent games at all.

I also bought most my games from gamefly. Hopefully for rentals its just a cheap product key or something in the worst case.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score

Sorry forgot about renting. Good point dcr. I don't think I have rented a game since I had a ps2 so it totally slipped my mind. Plus I haven't heard or read much about it. Looks like that is what they intend at launch but MS says they are still exploring the possibilities. Hmmm

What is the HDMI passthrough? Im not familiar with that part or what that is - I already pre ordered my xbox :) Is it possibly that the xbox has hdmi in and out? Right now because of using hdmi my home theatre is not connected - its from prior to hdmi technology.

Yes, hdmi in and out allowing pass through for your cable or satellite receiver.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hdmi-passthrough/

The one thing that both units have that is pretty awesome and maybe not mentioned yet; is the built in dvr and ability to share save and share gameplay or stream via twitch, in the case of xbox, and ustream, which sucks in comparison for PS4. Still cool to have though and will be fun to play with.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry forgot about renting. Good point dcr. I don't think I have rented a game since I had a ps2 so it totally slipped my mind. Plus I haven't heard or read much about it. Looks like that is what they intend at launch but MS says they are still exploring the possibilities. Hmmm

Yes, hdmi in and out allowing pass through for your cable or satellite receiver.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hdmi-passthrough/

The one thing that both units have that is pretty awesome and maybe not mentioned yet; is the built in dvr and ability to share save and share gameplay or stream via twitch, in the case of xbox, and ustream, which sucks in comparison for PS4. Still cool to have though and will be fun to play with.

oh so the passthrough is the cable thing - I dont have cable so I dont really care. Maybe we will get the option to just subscribe to a channel in the near future instead of an entire service.

The twitch thing is cool for those who do it, I remember back on ps2's socom 1 we used video cards to record matches for tournament standings and etc but these days I find zero value in it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't bought the PS4 yet, but its getting close.. :)

Get it quick so you can download the free games that they give you each month. (Especially if you already have PSN+)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard