Probably unpopular here regarding this regime…

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you move on from Murray there's zero reason to pay Hollywood Brown any money.

The contracts for Humphries and Baker are extremely tradeable in 2024.

This is truly Dave McGinnis stuff where many of our best players probably wouldn't start on half the teams in the NFL or more. Really delightful.
The reason to pay Hollywood money is its hard to sign good receivers. Having reliable receivers is necessary and they are all going to be super expensive.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The reason to pay Hollywood money is its hard to sign good receivers. Having reliable receivers is necessary and they are all going to be super expensive.
I think it’s fairly easy to develop receivers of Hollywood’s quality. If you don’t plan on competing for a couple years (and indicating that by deciding to divorce Kyler) it makes no sense to keep him on.

And I’m saying this as someone who expects Hollywood to get 130+ targets and 1200 yards this year.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It’s nauseating to see Bo Brak and his buddy worshiping Gannon and “Monti” on their show. It is over the top pandering. They’ve done nothing to impress me until they hit on the future draft picks that they have leveraged the franchise on

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My issue is that there is a gap between filling a roster with veteran stopgaps (ensuring purgatory) and just adding a bunch of vets on one year deals. That was my issue with Allen and Murphy. Maybe they aren't guys you sign for 5 years, but they can probably help your team over the next 3. I just find it tough to sell a message as a org or a hc when your getting boat raced out of the building every week because you chose to fill your roster with replacement level NFL vets on one year deals.
If the strategy is to lose, signing Allen and Murphy hurts that strategy. That's assuming either player actually wanted to re-sign in the first place.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's definitely interesting. Two things about that:

1) Joe Burrow walked in and basically took over the culture of that team from top to bottom. Hard to imagine Monti and JG allowing that to happen.

2) The Bengals were pretty bad for a minute before the ended up with Burrow in the 2020 draft. They were 15-28-1 in the three seasons before they went 2-14 to get the #1 overall pick. But Joe Mixon had been on the roster since 2017. Tyler Boyd has been with the team since 2016. They were building up from a transition that was underway.

If Cincy is the model, we're in the second year of a four-year process. Burrow was till 2-7-1 before he tore his knee up his rookie season; if we move on from Kyler we're looking at a likely down year in 2024 also.

Team is likely to be more fun from February to July the next few years than it will be from September through January.
The laziness in this analysis is not considering that the circumstances are not the same. The Cardinals may have the opportunity to trade Murray and draft Caleb Williams in one off season. The Texans screwed themselves trading so much for Laremy Tunsil, a ridiculously bad trade.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The laziness in this analysis is not considering that the circumstances are not the same. The Cardinals may have the opportunity to trade Murray and draft Caleb Williams in one off season. The Texans screwed themselves trading so much for Laremy Tunsil, a ridiculously bad trade.

Who is going to actually trade any valuable capital and eat the salary of Kyler Murray?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Who is going to actually trade any valuable capital and eat the salary of Kyler Murray?
If the Cardinals take the cap hit, Murray becomes a cheap option for a team that needs a QB. It's a doable scenario. Murray is still a 2x Pro Bowler and offensive rookie of the year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If the strategy is to lose, signing Allen and Murphy hurts that strategy. That's assuming either player actually wanted to re-sign in the first place.
I disagree. I don't believe those two players significantly help you win games when you consider the rest of the roster. However, they do make you at least respectable in 2023, and can make more of a difference as the roster around them improves.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I disagree. I don't believe those two players significantly help you win games when you consider the rest of the roster. However, they do make you at least respectable in 2023, and can make more of a difference as the roster around them improves.
If you're trading Murray in 2024, then you're cutting people because the payroll will be too high.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Also why sign a DL to a close to $20m per year deal if he doesn't significantly help?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also why sign a DL to a close to $20m per year deal if he doesn't significantly help?
Because it is an important position, we are building mostly through the draft which is cheap, and it is only a three year deal. Fits most of what I am looking for to help fill in the gaps as I draft and develop the roster overall.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Because it is an important position, we are building mostly through the draft which is cheap, and it is only a three year deal. Fits most of what I am looking for to help fill in the gaps as I draft and develop the roster overall.
Jonathan Ledbetter will show us the way.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you're trading Murray in 2024, then you're cutting people because the payroll will be too high.
I don't mind bailing on Ertz, Conner, Gardeck, Prater, and trading Baker to free up 30 mil if it means keeping two under 26 players who are also top 10 on my roster. Even if we end up trading Kyler.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't mind bailing on Ertz, Conner, Gardeck, Prater, and trading Baker to free up 30 mil if it means keeping two under 26 players who are also top 10 on my roster. Even if we end up trading Kyler.
None of those moves really saves anything.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The "Patriot Way".

Bill B without Brady 51-65.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It’s no secret Belichick has been terrible at drafting since Pioli and his scouts left for KC. He pretty much goes rogue by all accounts when it comes to the draft. I think Kraft pulls the trigger after this season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ertz: $7 million saved
Conner: 8.5 million
Gardeck: 2.8 million
Prater: 3.5 million
Baker? A couple hundred thousand.

Still not $30 million. I guess kind of close. More like $20 million though. And if the Cardinals do trade Murray, they will have to cut all of these guys and then some just so sign anyone. His dead cap is $3.9 million and his cap number is $4.3 million.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It’s no secret Belichick has been terrible at drafting since Pioli and his scouts left for KC. He pretty much goes rogue by all accounts when it comes to the draft. I think Kraft pulls the trigger after this season.
I got roasted for mentioning Pioli had anything to do with the Patriots success....lol Where were you when I needed you? haha

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard