Positives?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played badly obviously but.

AJ Green had a really nice game, one early drop but then really good.

Josh Jones moved to RT and played well enough I didn't even notice until late in the 1st quarter he was playing T not G.

Harlow and Garcia had to come in at LG and RG and both held up.

Bryon Murphy.

We won, 24 points on offense and Kyler didn't have a single passing TD and only 19 yards on 7 carries, in other words we moved the ball through the air basically in the pocket.

Lot of negatives obviously

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
1) Kirk-playing his college position has benefited him greatly! He’s killing it! Larry who? Sadly, but most knew it was true.

2) Green-still brings some needed abilities to the WR room

3) Oline-played pretty well in pass pro despite missing 3 starters.

4) the secondary in particular our CBs. I told you guys before the season our secondary would be better by subtraction. I won’t even mention his name. Boy these kids bring the lumber to ball carriers

5) K1-outside of 1 throw, he was dead on target today!

6) Conner-tough as nails. Needs to be given the ball more on 3rd & one imo.

Great comeback win despite Kliffs gaffs that he seems to have every week.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is CJ more like the guy in game 1? Or the guy that has zero sacks the last two and very few pressures?

Has the money money talk been tempered at all?

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The whole week seemed a battle. Quite a few guys not training or game day decisions. Bit of a concern given that it's only Game 3 of 17. Are we up for the attrition battle?

Got it done though. In our worst games against poor teams last season we got stuck in a hole and couldn't get out. Today we shrugged it off and did enough.

Positives: Kyler - Green connection developing well. Add in Kirk's season so far and it's become a dangerous WR group.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
So is CJ more like the guy in game 1? Or the guy that has zero sacks the last two and very few pressures?

Has the money money talk been tempered at all?
Sadly I thinks it’s more a lack of athleticism on on Dline outside of #55. Except for him & Gardeck our defensive front lacks speed & athletes. Imo Keim & Co need to change their philosophy on draft day. The guys we have struggle to get off blocks! Another reason not trying to sign Reddick was a mistake

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played badly obviously but.

AJ Green had a really nice game, one early drop but then really good.

Josh Jones moved to RT and played well enough I didn't even notice until late in the 1st quarter he was playing T not G.

Harlow and Garcia had to come in at LG and RG and both held up.

Bryon Murphy.

We won, 24 points on offense and Kyler didn't have a single passing TD and only 19 yards on 7 carries, in other words we moved the ball through the air basically in the pocket.

Lot of negatives obviously

Who would think the Cardinals win under these circumstances? This team is finding other ways to win. This is promising for the future.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We played like a dirty old sheet. We got near zero pressure, we couldn't stop the run, we couldn't convert third down, we had a poor turnover, we were average running the ball, we gave up a TD on special teams, our QB went from Superman to Clark Kent.

And we scored 31 points and won by 12 on a 10 AM East Coast Start Time.

My positive is that the team as a whole can withstand poor coaching / individual performances. Also Murray should just throw a pick on the first drive so he can be awesome the rest of the game.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
JJ Watt bringing an interior presence we haven't seen since Dockett. Byron Murphy and Marco Wilson on the outside, also a great breakup from Alford. Hicks moved super well, and the whole defense responded after Jax' s big drive where they ran the ball well. I was impressed. Cards didn't play their best, but came up with the win.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Positives? Our defense has shown to get better after half time. If we can keep putting up 30ish points a game, we will be winning at least 10 games this year. Kirk and Green are showing promise when D Hop ain't happening.

I really hope the Bucs/Rams ends up being a mentally and physically tough game. We need any advantage we can get going into next week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard