Positives?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I thought that this game showed that the team has some resilience. For a large part of the game it was too close or they were down.

AJ Green, Kirk, and the OL backups all played well. I thought Conner ran better than his numbers show.

Defensively, Murphy continues to get better. I had some faith in him last year, but he has gotten even better. Robert Alford hasn't been the liability many thought he would be. Watt hasn't made a huge dent in the stat sheet but he has made a few winning plays every week.

As much as I want the Cardinals to get better stopping the run, stopping the pass is a lot more important and they have been decent for the most part this season.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
looking forward to the next game where the Cards do not spot the other team a free TD or two

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought that this game showed that the team has some resilience. For a large part of the game it was too close or they were down.

AJ Green, Kirk, and the OL backups all played well. I thought Conner ran better than his numbers show.

Defensively, Murphy continues to get better. I had some faith in him last year, but he has gotten even better. Robert Alford hasn't been the liability many thought he would be. Watt hasn't made a huge dent in the stat sheet but he has made a few winning plays every week.

As much as I want the Cardinals to get better stopping the run, stopping the pass is a lot more important and they have been decent for the most part this season.
Ironically though not in the way we expected. Not with the passrush.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A win is a win no matter what. Of course there are many things to improve on, that is clear.

But it is hard to win in this league. Look at how many good teams have struggled this year so far (or even this weekend). Winning is still hard to do in this business and we have earned all 3 of our wins. We are also not 1 dimensional anymore (not talking about pass/rush) and have shown some resilience. I almost expected a loss today because that is exactly what the Cardinals would do, wouldn't they?. And they almost didn't disappoint.

All teams go through ups and downs of the season. When you look at the SB winners of past, you forget about all the close, imperfect games that were played, even in their wins. If we take this year's SB winner (whoever that is) and take a look at all the game threads, it will probably be filled with its share of positivity and doom and gloom just like every other team's boards.

This team is looking dangerously like our 2015 team. It's built different of course and not quite up to that level, but it has the potential to be better and a true contender. That's the positive coming out of this. I never truly felt that last year, I felt we were always climbing to that potential (even if we did look good at times).

I think we now have the capability. The question is can they step up to to the plate.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ Watt bringing an interior presence we haven't seen since Dockett. Byron Murphy and Marco Wilson on the outside, also a great breakup from Alford. Hicks moved super well, and the whole defense responded after Jax' s big drive where they ran the ball well. I was impressed. Cards didn't play their best, but came up with the win.
We struggled to beat the terrible Jaguars and the defense didn't play well except for Murphy, secondary, maybe Simmons
Our front seven is horrible

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So is CJ more like the guy in game 1? Or the guy that has zero sacks the last two and very few pressures?

Has the money money talk been tempered at all?
I was going to post this same question. He was credited with 3 QB hits so he was around Lawrence, just couldn't get to him in time. TEN's OL is much better than MIN & JAX so my guess was he was doubled teamed all day (I only caught the 4th quarter) which could be only reason he was shutout in the sack department. If he is looking for top pass rusher $$$$ then he is going to have to get going, not Week 1 numbers every week but he should have more than 5 sacks with the OL's he faced the last 2 weeks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was going to post this same question. He was credited with 3 QB hits so he was around Lawrence, just couldn't get to him in time. TEN's OL is much better than MIN & JAX so my guess was he was doubled teamed all day (I only caught the 4th quarter) which could be only reason he was shutout in the sack department. If he is looking for top pass rusher $$$$ then he is going to have to get going, not Week 1 numbers every week but he should have more than 5 sacks with the OL's he faced the last 2 weeks.
CJ definitely wasn’t doubled all day

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Played badly obviously but.

AJ Green had a really nice game, one early drop but then really good.

Josh Jones moved to RT and played well enough I didn't even notice until late in the 1st quarter he was playing T not G.

Harlow and Garcia had to come in at LG and RG and both held up.

Bryon Murphy.

We won, 24 points on offense and Kyler didn't have a single passing TD and only 19 yards on 7 carries, in other words we moved the ball through the air basically in the pocket.

Lot of negatives obviously

Josh Jones was really good at RT. Probably is best game yet.

Marco Wilson is playing well too. He gave up the TD (not sure why he didn't put his hands up) but otherwise was solid. Should have had an INT and he's really good in run support and tackling in the open field.

Easy to forget this was only his 2nd game as a 4th round rookie (he missed most of last week). He looks like he's a seasoned vet. Really excited for what is to come from him as he gains experience.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort