PLAYOFFS: Divisional Round Games

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hurts would look like McCoy or McSorley on the Cardinals.
EXACTLY!! Hurts is surrounded by a great FO, a great coaching staff, a loaded team that wins in the trenches on both sides of the ball, a great secondary, a great RB, pretty much a great everything. If Hurts were a Cardinal from day 1, his career would be vastly different.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious what the Giants do with Daniel Jones.
They are not in a great spot with him. Barkley is also a free agent. In spite of what happened today, this season and his outstanding game against the Vikings has helped him for free agency. He will get more money than Kyler.

Tyrod Taylor is #2.

If they back up the truck for Jones they lose Barkley in all likelihood. But if they don't keep Jones and keep Barkley do they trade for David Carr? Or some other vet?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Carr and Jones seem possibly like the same thing. I have to admit that I have been perplexed by D.C. I always thought of him as the example of a pure QB, throws well, stands tall in the pocket, goes through his progressions nicely, seems smart, decent arm, and has earned support from players around him being a good guy and teammate.

I thought for a while he just needed the tools around him to work with. Then when he got some really good tools, the Raiders didn´t seem to win any more games. They just seemed to disappoint each year not being able to get past the other teams in their division. And this year, seems like the bottom fell out for Carr and the Raiders. I am still perplexed.

They have for years now played the better teams like Chargers and KC close each year, but then lose to inferior teams. They seem to play up and then down to their competition each week.

So I understand Raiders wanting to try something else after doing all they can with Carr. I still think he is a decent starting QB and would be a big improvement for some teams like Panthers, Jets, Saints, and others. As long as he stays away from teams like the Bears, Texans, and Browns. I wonder if he could maybe be a good fit for the Vikings. It appears they have sort of maxed out with Cousins, like Raiders have with Carr. Maybe if they trade QBs straight up. Vikes definitely have to replace Thielen in this draft though. Maybe they will grab Flowers to go with Jefferson and Hockenson.

I will be interested to follow Carr continuing to try to figure him out.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Carr and Jones seem possibly like the same thing. I have to admit that I have been perplexed by D.C. I always thought of him as the example of a pure QB, throws well, stands tall in the pocket, goes through his progressions nicely, seems smart, decent arm, and has earned support from players around him being a good guy and teammate.

I thought for a while he just needed the tools around him to work with. Then when he got some really good tools, the Raiders didn´t seem to win any more games. They just seemed to disappoint each year not being able to get past the other teams in their division. And this year, seems like the bottom fell out for Carr and the Raiders. I am still perplexed.

They have for years now played the better teams like Chargers and KC close each year, but then lose to inferior teams. They seem to play up and then down to their competition each week.

So I understand Raiders wanting to try something else after doing all they can with Carr. I still think he is a decent starting QB and would be a big improvement for some teams like Panthers, Jets, Saints, and others. As long as he stays away from teams like the Bears, Texans, and Browns. I wonder if he could maybe be a good fit for the Vikings. Lots of play makers there, that is for sure. They have to replace Thielen in this draft though.

I will be interested in following Carr continuing to try to figure him out.
Derek Carr is a decent QB

Raiders defense has allowed 26 points a game since he has been there and rank 31 over that time.
Dude had 8 different offensive coordinators in 9 years.
But last year...when they had the Ruggs incident, then the Gruden fiasco,...and Darren Waller went down... Carr led his team to a 4-1 finish and a wildcard berth...the guy really stepped up when his team was down... the only wr he had was Hunter Renfrow.

Then, Davis hired josh mcdaniels...he went out and got jarrett stidham who he drafted with the patriots.... McD called a crazy offense all year and Carr couldnt pick it up. So they benched him...surprisingly the offense changed entirely once stidham was playing.

in my conspiracy theory addled mind josh mcdaniels sabotaged carr this season so he could dump him and bring in his own guy.
but Derek Carr?? I would take that guy in a flat minute.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is that true though? You’re probably gonna have to pay more to keep Hollywood Brown and is he really any better??? And you had to get rid of the first round pick….
They are two different moves. Letting Kirk signing that gigantic contract with The Jags was the right move. Trading a first for Hollywood was not, neither is resiging him for a larger contract.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Derek Carr is a decent QB

in my conspiracy theory addled mind josh mcdaniels sabotaged carr this season so he could dump him and bring in his own guy.
but Derek Carr?? I would take that guy in a flat minute.
I always thought real highly of him. Coming out of college I thought he would be best. He was my kind of QB, the epitome of what you should look for.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
we gonna re sign Hollywood and likely for more than most are gonna like.
Hop wants out, the draft is thin, and free agents are expensive.
and Hollywood is Kylers buddy.....and truthfully he did fairly well when he wasnt hurt.
so we will sign him because he will be our acting #1

IMO, the trick is to sign him now. This year is his fifth year option year...might save some cap space by extending him, and he gets a bigger check. not sure what the option year is worth for his draft slot...12mil maybe?...offer him something like 5/80/50 with a third year roster bonus

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
we gonna re sign Hollywood and likely for more than most are gonna like.
Hop wants out, the draft is thin, and free agents are expensive.
and Hollywood is Kylers buddy.....and truthfully he did fairly well when he wasnt hurt.
so we will sign him because he will be our acting #1

IMO, the trick is to sign him now. This year is his fifth year option year...might save some cap space by extending him, and he gets a bigger check. not sure what the option year is worth for his draft slot...12mil maybe?...offer him something like 5/80/50 with a third year roster bonus
Thanks to SK’s lack of a clear vision, I suppose we’ll learn a lot about Monti’s aptitude for the job then, eh? Nothing quite like a baptism of fire to begin a new job.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All of the above comments about Derek Carr…I’m in agreement: dude has all the tools, so it has to be the chaos of the Raiders as a franchise (including the consistently poor D) that’s to blame. Perhaps we’ll know now that he will be moving to a new team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone thinking Hollywood Brown is better than Christian Kirk are fooling themselves(BritCard)

Is my rent due yet?

You know I was literally the only person here that said Kirk was good and worth keeping right? It turns how we couldn't because no way we could afford him.

And never once have I said Brown is better than Kirk. Your tiny mind is confusing me saying Brown is good with "better than Kirk".

Considering I was right about Kirk maybe you can consider I'm right about Brown too?

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember before this season I said Hurts was surpassing Kyler and some called me nuts. You know who you are.

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
I wish Kyler would play as hard as Jalen Hurts
I doubt we will ever see Mighty Mouse ever run as hard as Hurts, Allen, or other QBs......he would prefer to run out of bounds or slide before taking a hit to gain more yards.... His nut-sack must be as small as he is? His attitude will be his eventual downfall.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose