Picking on Hood

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Notice how both coaches familiar with Rod Hood picked on him. Childress did in Vikes game and damage was done in this game too. It goes both ways...ya' think our guys know a bit about Steeler tendencies??

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Notice how both coaches familiar with Rod Hood picked on him. Childress did in Vikes game and damage was done in this game too. It goes both ways...ya' think our guys know a bit about Steeler tendencies??

For what it's worth, I loved Rod Hood as an Eagle. Was disappointed to see him go. The guy is a solid player who doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's just because DRC is better. You have to pick on one CB or the other.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What I did see was something I'd been pining for all season. On coverage, no 12 yard cushion by Hood.
You know what happened? Hood had trouble keeping up with guys on deep routes.
Clearly I'm an expert.

Clancy, you know your team better then I. Do what you gotta and I won't do a dang thing but cheer.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
DRC is the main reason Hood gets passes thrown his direction. Seems like on fly routes, he is draped on receivers and doesnt let go. DRC only had one bad play yesterday and that was the tipped ball that went to Jackson for the long TD. Had he just batted it away, it would have been a different ball game.

As for Hood. I still think he is a good #2 corner, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to find another CB to compete with him to keep him on his heels.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Eric Green dropped off the face of the Earth, so he's not around to pick on anymore. I just watched the Cowboys game replayed on NFL and realized I had damn near forgotten about him.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Again just being honest, but I think DRC would have picked off the ball he DID bat down.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hood has been picked on late in the season.. and burned for some great catches, but teams are going after him.. He'll be gone after the season.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no way. Hood is a solid #2 CB. He's a prototype cover-2 CB and just needs a good coverage safety over top, which we unfortunately do not have right now. Hood is physical and keeps up with his receiver downfield. His only problem is in recognition. He has a hard time with double moves, fakes, and doesn't naturally read where the receiver he's covering is going until he's already a step behind him.

He's made plays downfield all year, and yeah sometimes he gets burned deep, but you replace Francisco with a quality coverage safety next year and watch how many INTs Hood racks up.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
It's about numbers.

When it was Hood and Green, everyone threw at Green because Hood is better. Thus, Green looked awful (which he is).

Now that DRC is in, he's the superior corner, so teams throw at Hood. The more throws his way, the more likely he is to get burned. It happens.

There are plenty of times where it seems like Hood has perfect coverage, just the pass is even more perfect and is completed.

He's a solid corner, and a good # 2.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no way. Hood is a solid #2 CB. He's a prototype cover-2 CB and just needs a good coverage safety over top, which we unfortunately do not have right now. Hood is physical and keeps up with his receiver downfield. His only problem is in recognition. He has a hard time with double moves, fakes, and doesn't naturally read where the receiver he's covering is going until he's already a step behind him.

He's made plays downfield all year, and yeah sometimes he gets burned deep, but you replace Francisco with a quality coverage safety next year and watch how many INTs Hood racks up.

It's about numbers.

When it was Hood and Green, everyone threw at Green because Hood is better. Thus, Green looked awful (which he is).

Now that DRC is in, he's the superior corner, so teams throw at Hood. The more throws his way, the more likely he is to get burned. It happens.

There are plenty of times where it seems like Hood has perfect coverage, just the pass is even more perfect and is completed.

He's a solid corner, and a good # 2.

Agreed, he has a place on the team.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DRC is very very good but he did give up several catches to Jackson during the game. Same thing against Roddy White for the Falcons. As DRC tries to keep some WR's from beating him deep he will give up the underneath stuff. The right way to play it at this time as DRC continues to develop his techniques etc.

As several others have posted Hood will get thrown at more with how well DRC is playing.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think Hood is fine. As stated before we need cover safeties which we don't have now. It's an area that needs to be addressed in the off season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard