pick 33

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Assuming the Cardinals do keep the #1 and there are no trades, regardless of who they select the pick at #33 should go offense. I don't think they'll go D unless there is an elite edge rusher or CB available at that spot. One of the two safeties could also go there. But there will be a myriad or OL, WR's and a TE that should drop there.

Also as has been pointed out, we should also get multiple offers from teams willing to move up to that pick as well.

Here is one guy that I haven't seen on the board much but should also be in play at the 33 pick. Him, Harry and Samuel at WR are legit options there as could be Irv Smith at TE. Marquise Brown has a few issues being taken that high if a bunch of these guys come available.

Blocking - Dominant. Prides himself in getting his work done. Knows how to square up, punch, leverage his hips and secure his base to sustain blocks. Actively seeks work and creates space for his teammates. Always follows the ball and looks to block down the field.

Play Strength - Has dominant play strength that he showcases as a runner, blocker, in the contact window and at the catch point. Plays a physical style of football and assertively challenges his opponents. Not many corners can match his power.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kelvin-harmon

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/solak--tight-end-positional-rankings

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/solak--wide-receiver-positional-rankings

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/kelly--full-2019-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-rankings

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There are so many good 2nd round players this year which could help our team greatly,it will be a shame if we cant get some more draft picks in that range. It would be perfect if we knew for sure that the Raiders were not interested in a QB named Murray. We could pick up several extra picks and still stay high enough to take Murray, and then get even more 2nd round picks trading Rosen.

I guess I am too impatient for us to rebuild our team as Browns did, along with doing too many mock drafts where we clean up trading back a few times.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is based on nothing, but I am convinced our move at #33 will either be a trade down or a WR

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Common sense would dictate to go offense with #33. Because if we go Bosa/Q at #1, offense seems the best bet at #33. And if we pick Murray at #1, you better get him more weapons/protection at #33. Given that we just hired an innovative offensive mind as HC, offense at #33 seems set in stone.

BUT this year there is an incredibly deep DL pool with a legit 1st round grade. DL prospects will fall out of the 1st that are usually picked in the late teens or early 20s.

I still think #33 will be an offensive pick, but there is no doubt that DL would most likely be the best value. Because many CBs and OL will be selected in the 1st that are less talented than some of this year's deep DL group in the 2nd.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thought that the Cards would go offence with picks #1, #2 - in a draft where over 30 defensive players have first round grades borders on the ridiculous. IMO

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We may look at OL at #33, if Risner, Ford, or Lindstrom are available.
We really should be looking at picking four or five players in the top two rounds if possible. This is such a good draft.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it'll be your standard 'next player on your board' type of pick, that won't necessarily fill a need. Like if the safety Abram is still available.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Minski. Every year players fall out of the first round, that many thought were a sure first round picks. And I expect this year to be no different. My hope is that unless there is a "gotta have" prospect. we look at how many available players that are worthy of the #33 pick and trade back to that point. I'm not sure what we'd get for switching second rounders with a team picking in the top 10 in round two. Does anyone know?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was looking over the draft history of the top of 2nd round picks. There do seem to be quite a few hits in the top 10 picks of round 2, however, pick #33 itself seems to have more misses than hits over the last 10-12 years.
Hopefully we don't overthink things and just pick the BPA.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I agree with Minski. Every year players fall out of the first round, that many thought were a sure first round picks. And I expect this year to be no different. My hope is that unless there is a "gotta have" prospect. we look at how many available players that are worthy of the #33 pick and trade back to that point. I'm not sure what we'd get for switching second rounders with a team picking in the top 10 in round two. Does anyone know?

Not sure what you’re asking? Moving down from 33 to 43? That would fetch a late 3rd. As to dropping players, this year is so wild at least 10 players will be available at 33 who many had put in round 1.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The thought that the Cards would go offence with picks #1, #2 - in a draft where over 30 defensive players have first round grades borders on the ridiculous. IMO
Not when you take into account last season we had one of the worst offenses in recent NFL history! Sorry but that’s reality

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not when you take into account last season we had one of the worst offenses in recent NFL history! Sorry but that’s reality

And it could be argued that the biggest reason for that is coaching.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Irv Smith at 33? Imo it would be foolish! Kingsbury has rarely used a TE in his offense or even had them on his roster outside of Amaro at Tech.

The Cards are in serious need at WR playmakers, so that’s a huge priority over a TE imo, especially in the early rounds

Buckybird

Reaction score
And it could be argued that the biggest reason for that is coaching.
Coaching was a factor no doubt, but the receiving Corps & Oline were atrocious! You know that, Keim & Bidwill know that & the rest of the NFL knows that. :mrgreen:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

The counter argument to that...there will be such a run on D players in round 1 that some very good O players will fall to #33.

I want Bosa or Q at #1
#33 - I expect it will be WR (Harry, AJ Brown), TE (Fant), or OL

What D player would you definitely take at #33 over the group above?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The counter argument to that...there will be such a run on D players in round 1 that some very good O players will fall to #33.

I want Bosa or Q at #1
#33 - I expect it will be WR (Harry, AJ Brown), TE (Fant), or OL

What D player would you definitely take at #33 over the group above?

No idea.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Love Oakland as a trade partner. Trade down to 4, pick up one of their late firsts and their early second (you won't get more than that. Doubt they'd pay 3 first rounders for Murray).
But, now you have the 4th overall, with two firsts and two seconds. The Raiders still have two first round picks so they wouldn't be so reticent to make the move, and they get their QBOF.

We'll have 4, 27, 33, and 35. Now we can take a top level DL, top WR, top TE, and top OL., or whatever falls a little down the board.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
We really need to come away with 2 WR's in the first 4 rounds in my opinion. The position was so thin last year and is obviously critical to the development of our QB.

I think this is a great class of WR's and would be happy with any of the following:

Round 2: Harry, or either of the Browns.
Round 3: Samuel or Butler
Round 4: McLaurin or Isabella

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Irv Smith at 33? Imo it would be foolish! Kingsbury has rarely used a TE in his offense or even had them on his roster outside of Amaro at Tech.

The Cards are in serious need at WR playmakers, so that’s a huge priority over a TE imo, especially in the early rounds
Bucky...trust me in this. TEs are a key to making Kingsbury's offense work at the pro level. They dictate matchups in a way that will ensure there are mismatches for our young QBs to exploit. They will also really help the zone run scheme.

It's either a 245lb blocker on a S or a 4.6 speed mismatch on a LB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman