Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame Thread. 10/2/22-10/8/22

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not expecting a win for the Cardinals this week. Which I can handle. What I can't handle is the obnoxious Eagles fans that I work with.

Oh please football gods, let the Cardinals win even though they probably don't deserve it. The world will not be able to tolerate another week of the Eagles being undefeated. Eagles fans are already the most annoying in the league.
Man, MCD. How bout getting on a plane with a whole squadron of the simpletons. As soon as I walk in the airport I expect to get the business.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Chase role, aka, the “actual best RB on the roster” role. Agreed.

Eno & Williams seem to have much less problems running behind Hudson & Pugh than Conner do. Wonder why.
After what we have seen over the first half of the year, throwing a 6th rounder at Washington for Antonio Gibson wouldn't be the worst idea once they get Robinson back. Not an expensive player. Under contract for next year as well. Ultimately won't matter much but it fills a needed gap.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That was infuriating they had all camp and preseason to figure out Dortch can play and that they probably ought to figure a way to play him and Rondale together. And then Rondale comes back and Kliff buries Dortch. I did see a few plays where both were in there together
Think this had more to do with McBride getting 40% of snaps.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Think this had more to do with McBride getting 40% of snaps.
I think Mcbride was used more cause aj green couldn't play and they wanted to add some lenght down the field,, Moore took great part of Dortch snaps not cause actually he is a better player but just because of his draft status
I mean his highlight last week was a catch 5 yards off the field with a hint of celebration
Dortch deserve more snaps period

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Da Hilg, Have you watched Jalen Hurts this year? You're giving zero credit to his ability to throw the rock. This isn't the Hurts of old. He's delivering the ball both from the pocket and on the run and has superb WR talent in Brown and Smith as well as Goedert who's also one of the top TE's in the game. Couple that with perhaps the best line in football and you can see why this game is prone to be a huge problem for us. In the Vikings game he had an 80% completion percentage, 300 yards passing and two rushing touchdowns in the game. Never been done before in HISTORY.
Yes I’ve watched him plenty. Offense is schemed to make the limited throws he can make (playing to his strengths just like Ravens do w Lamar)… he threw for 56% game 1 vs the lions. Soft schedule this far - det min max wash and Jax… wait until he plays some good teams and is trailing form behind and your hot take that he’s transformed after 4 games will disappear.

Take away his 3 TDs vs wash and he’s thrown for ONE TD and 2 ints in 3 games. Very odd one would consider that a good QB from the pocket?!?!?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes I’ve watched him plenty. Offense is schemed to make the limited throws he can make (playing to his strengths just like Ravens do w Lamar)… he threw for 56% game 1 vs the lions. Soft schedule this far - det min max wash and Jax… wait until he plays some good teams and is trailing form behind and your hot take that he’s transformed after 4 games will disappear.

Take away his 3 TDs vs wash and he’s thrown for ONE TD and 2 ints in 3 games. Very odd one would consider that a good QB from the pocket?!?!?
That's a fair counterpoint, but I'll then say that using the eye test since stats don't always tell the story he's not a liability throwing the football. You made it seem as if he has to throw, we win. It's certainly not that simple now since the O is much improved and he no longer has to lean heavily on his running to win games. This team is dangerous and 4-0 because of both his play and poise, and because they are getting it done on both offense and defense. He's not perfect, but he's not an early candidate for MVP for nothing (making sure I said EARLY) And as far as good teams, what good teams? They may not be on the Bills/Chiefs level, but there's not a team in the NFC or AFC South the eagles can't beat. No juggernauts this year. And listen. I hate the eagles with my entire existence so it pains me to give them ANY credit. I hope they lose every game left on their schedule starting with a nice mopping by us on Sunday. I'm just speaking facts as someone who has watched every one of their games and tried to hate on those clowns. Can't be done.

Last edited:

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I agree that Hurts is still Hurts. But he has maybe the best OL in football, and AJ Brown/The Slim Reaper to throw to. Containing that and his feet will be a tough task.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that Hurts is still Hurts. But he has maybe the best OL in football, and AJ Brown/The Slim Reaper to throw to. Containing that and his feet will be a tough task.

One good thing I would say is that we have the edge players to contain. They might not be elite pass rushers, but we are better at sealing the edge than we have been in the past.

If this isn't a game where you have Simmons spy the QB I don't know why he exists. I'd love this to be Simmons breakout game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Mcbride was used more cause aj green couldn't play and they wanted to add some lenght down the field,, Moore took great part of Dortch snaps not cause actually he is a better player but just because of his draft status
I mean his highlight last week was a catch 5 yards off the field with a hint of celebration
Dortch deserve more snaps period
It is math. They only had so many snaps to work with and they gave McBride 32, Maxx 23 and Dortch 27. So, they used more multi TE sets this week vs 3 and 4 WR sets. Less 11 personnel and more 12.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard