Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
What’s this have to do about Rosen...?

j/k

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I expected to see the Carson Palmer article on his list. What a great read that was. To anyone reading this thread who hasn't taken the time to read it before now, I highly suggest giving it a read - you'll be glad you did. Excellent piece and you'll gain a ton of respect for Palmer, even if you already had a ton.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Peter King's last article he made a list of his favorite stories throughout his career. Following Carson Palmer for a week of prep was one of them. It's a very good read. King followed Palmer day & night & watched how he prepared for a game from the time he received the game plan to game day.

Part I: https://www.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/17/nfl-carson-palmer-arizona-cardinals-inside-game-plan

Part II: https://www.si.com/2015/11/18/nfl-c...als-inside-game-plan-part-ii-cleveland-browns

These might be the best articles he's ever written. Fascinating stuff. I remember reading them when they came out, and turning on a couple of friends to them as well. They also loved the articles.

It should be required reading for Josh Rosen to know how hard to work, day in day out, week after week.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of great insights in the article, these are my favorites:

Enough excitement for Tuesday night. Before he goes to bed, Palmer will have to commit to memory 14 different protections he’d use Sunday to try to keep the Browns out of his hair.

Fourteen protections. And that was only for first-down calls.

Palmer says:

“I know what I want to do on kick two versus will free safety. Now will free safety, in every kick two, they are all three-by-one formations, so on every kick two, I’ll go back through and I will say, ‘Okay, on all these kick two, they are all three-by-one. When I do have an issue, and I do have to do something to it, because it is will free safety, or will corner and now that I’ve leftied it or I’ve lizzed it, now where is my best chance to get a completion? And then the most important thing for me to do is go, where am I screwed? Versus what coverage? Right now, I’m telling you right now, versus six strong, that’s the worst possible coverage I can get for this play. So I know I have a touchdown right here versus seam, I know I can throw this versus single high, weak or strong rotation. I know I can throw it versus two-man—he’s going to flash for me. But if I get six strong, I have to give it to the back.”

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a very fun read. Great insight and I learned a couple of things as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson