Peter King: Arizona Owns 2024

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Anthony Richardson started 13 games, played at Florida, has horrible mechanics and was drafted top 5. If McCord comes out and lights it up, not saying he will, he'll be projected right near the top. I was on the record as not being a Stroud fan and he went 2.
And I think Richardson is going to suck.

So is Stroud.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I expect the Cards to end up with one pick, at least, in the top 2. This team is tanking.
at a minimum: neither Cards nor Texans are making the playoffs. Thats two picks in the top 20

whats max number of wins you could see either team end up with next year?

I think 7 is the most -- that a draft pick in the 10 range

4-6 is the range of wins that feels likely: thats picking in the 5-7 range

top pick is hard. many things have to go wrong

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Richardson is going to be just fine.
He wasn't just fine in CFB last year. Compare his year to Emory Jones the year prior and you'll see Jones was better and that dude was awful at ASU.

Tools matter more for QBs than they used to, but it's hard to believe in a guy who was exceptionally bad at the basics of being a QB. Josh Allen was a unicorn until we see differently.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
at a minimum: neither Cards nor Texans are making the playoffs. Thats two picks in the top 20

Not only do the Cardinals, clearly, have no interest in winning, they've assembled one of the least talented rosters in recent memory.

If we're 1-7 or 0-8 come mid season, Kyler won't see the field and we will cruuuuuuise to the #1 pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As long as there are no defenders or fans or referees around and all he has to do is throw bombs... he should be phenomenal.
A lot of what makes athletically special players successful or fail out of the NFL is their work ethic. Richardson will put in the work to get better and stick.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of what makes athletically special players successful or fail out of the NFL is their work ethic. Richardson will put in the work to get better and stick.

I don't think it will matter. He was awful in college. Some guys have the ability to see the field, the instincts to make plays, the touch to make the finesse passes... and some guys are just flat out hot garbage.

I fully expect Richardson to be flat out hot garbage.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't think it will matter. He was awful in college. Some guys have the ability to see the field, the instincts to make plays, the touch to make the finesse passes... and some guys are just flat out hot garbage.

I fully expect Richardson to be flat out hot garbage.
Richardson showed better pocket mechanics last year than Kyler has now. Yes, he has some issues with his lower half and it impacts his accuracy. Teams already commented that his mechanics looked sharper at his pro day, and he has been using a personal QB trainer since his season ended. Here who this trainer works with...

Hewlett now works with the QB Collective, among a group of offensive minds that includes several NFL head coaches — Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Matt LaFleur, Mike McDaniel, Kevin Stefanski, Kevin O'Connell — and has gone from training high school players to working with the very best NFL prospects.

I get people are skeptical but this isn't Drew Lock. Richardson is going to do whatever it takes to stick in the league and he has the athletic talent to ease the learning curve.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Richardson showed better pocket mechanics last year than Kyler has now. Yes, he has some issues with his lower half and it impacts his accuracy. Teams already commented that his mechanics looked sharper at his pro day, and he has been using a personal QB trainer since his season ended. Here who this trainer works with...

Hewlett now works with the QB Collective, among a group of offensive minds that includes several NFL head coaches — Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Matt LaFleur, Mike McDaniel, Kevin Stefanski, Kevin O'Connell — and has gone from training high school players to working with the very best NFL prospects.

I get people are skeptical but this isn't Drew Lock. Richardson is going to do whatever it takes to stick in the league and he has the athletic talent to ease the learning curve.

I think he's going to be worse than Drew Lock.

I think he's going to be more like a poor man's Trey Lance... so bad that the Colts find themselves trying to limit his exposure because they know he ain't the guy.

He didn't just struggle in college, he was flat out a bad player. No amount of these guys working with him in an empty gym is going to convince me that they can fix that he is a total mess when he is wearing pads and there is an actual defense on the field.

I would not be at all surprised if by year 3 they are trying him at different positions and trying to make special packages to occasionally use him in a throwing scheme.

No QB this patently awful on the field has ever been selected this high, not even close. And I expect the outcome to reflect why that is the case.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Mechanics are easy to fix when not under pressure.

But the NFL is hard. Just wanting

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’ve seen the Richardson comparisons to Cam Newton as a prospect so I went back to look at his one year at Auburn.

14-0 & National Championship
51 total TD’s
Heisman winner

Gotta be the GOAT single season in CFB history…

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would argue the top talent at OT is better next year with Joe Alt and Fashanu. Alt looks like a perennial All Pro.

The top talent is better with those 2 guys, the depth isn't.

After those guys it's the Bama RT JC Latham who's probably mid to late 1st and then probably not another guy with a 1st round grade as things stand.

It's a little better at the top, but gets bad pretty quickly.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's not so hard for us depending when Kyler returns.

If he returns early they ain't purposefully tanking. If they hold him back they likely are.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Completely agree.

People are ignoring that he has Steichen that worked with Hurts. They have a scheme that favors mobile QB's and Richardson is a 244lb man that runs 4.44.

His accuracy issues are all lower body related, mainly footwork. It's one of the easier aspects to fix and he's already been working on it.

I don't expect him to be awesome this year. His learning curve may well be a lot like Jalen hurts. A season and a half of being a mediocre passer but compensates with his legs before finally clicking.

And he's still only 20 years old.

I think has the best shot of being the best QB in the draft.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He wasn't just fine in CFB last year. Compare his year to Emory Jones the year prior and you'll see Jones was better and that dude was awful at ASU.

Tools matter more for QBs than they used to, but it's hard to believe in a guy who was exceptionally bad at the basics of being a QB. Josh Allen was a unicorn until we see differently.

Emory Jones played in a completely different Florida offense. Napier and Sale only took over last year and the offense sucked.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The top talent is better with those 2 guys, the depth isn't.

After those guys it's the Bama RT JC Latham who's probably mid to late 1st and then probably not another guy with a 1st round grade as things stand.

It's a little better at the top, but gets bad pretty quickly.
Drafts always look that way a year out.

Egbuka is in this draft too. That Illinois DT Newton who can rush the passer, who I like more than Carter. The Ohio State edges. Michael Penix Jr.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen the Richardson comparisons to Cam Newton as a prospect so I went back to look at his one year at Auburn.

14-0 & National Championship
51 total TD’s
Heisman winner

Gotta be the GOAT single season in CFB history…
Was that Richardson or Cam?

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Although happy about all of the trades. It may have sealed my decision to not get sunday ticket.

I'll let the summer play out a little more though before I fully decide.
I canceled my Sunday Ticket last year, but DTV (AT&T?) screwed up and still gave me the first 3 or 4 weeks before shutting it off. I saw enough in those games to know I made the right choice in not renewing for the first time in over 20 years.

I probably won't subscribe this year either, but if the season looks promissing, followed by another decent draft, perhaps I'll jump back in for 2024... allow time for YouTube, or who-ever is carrying it now to work out the bugs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would argue the top talent at OT is better next year with Joe Alt and Fashanu. Alt looks like a perennial All Pro.
Herein lies my (small) frustration with the Paris pick. He’s not in those guys class but we spent a top 6 pick on him. If he turns out to be hump we will be “fine,” but I’d rather be better than “fine” with a top 6 pick. “Fine” is great for a 20+ pick (like hump was.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Not only do the Cardinals, clearly, have no interest in winning, they've assembled one of the least talented rosters in recent memory.

If we're 1-7 or 0-8 come mid season, Kyler won't see the field and we will cruuuuuuise to the #1 pick.

That would make it entirely too obvious they are purposely tanking. They would pretty much have to play Kyler to give the appearance that they are trying to be competitive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA