Per Bickley and MJ

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
over 2,000 tickets still available for Sundays game...so far none of the games for the upcoming season at U of P have sold out..Glad I am going to the game but I alsways like to record them as well...maybe not if the game is blacked out...

Reaction score
I thought opening day was already a sell-out. It still could be; technically a game can be classified a sellout even though tickets (a small amount) remain available.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I cant imagine this game being a black out. I gotta think that a few tickets will sell between now and Friday. If not they'll wait until the 11th hour and either the Bidwills will buy them up and donate them to charity, Fox will pick them up, or both will collaborate.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
given that the SF game and the Texans game are part of the Protect the next package with the Vikings game -- it suggests that neither have sold out

I beleive those tickets have to be sold by Thursday

for this town -- the Cardinals have sold out so many games, I think most people just assume they are sold out and dont even inquire about tickets.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
over 2,000 tickets still available for Sundays game...so far none of the games for the upcoming season at U of P have sold out..Glad I am going to the game but I alsways like to record them as well...maybe not if the game is blacked out...

I heard that over 2,000 people turned their tickets back in when it was announced that Lance Long made the roster.

JTS

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am just stoked,...since I moved back to Cali I never get to see the Cards play,.....but this is an away game for the niners,...so it is on fox locally,......I get to see the Cards on opening day,....wooooooHHhhoooooooooo!!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I heard that over 2,000 people turned their tickets back in when it was announced that Lance Long made the roster.

JTS

Weird. I heard the 2000 tickets were returns from the Georgetown Massachusetts area.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

JTS

Only because they didn't know what his 40 time and vertical leap at the combine were.

Obviously they were bandwagoners and/or haters.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I thought opening day was already a sell-out. It still could be; technically a game can be classified a sellout even though tickets (a small amount) remain available.

This came directly from the Cards PR guy.

98% or 99%(forget which) of the tickets need to be sold for it to be considered sold out for black out rules. 1000 more tickets need to be sold by Thursday 1:15 PM, or we go into the dreaded extension period and all the media talks about and makes jokes about.

Reaction score
given that the SF game and the Texans game are part of the Protect the next package with the Vikings game -- it suggests that neither have sold out
After checking the Cardinals Box Office (online)- the Vikings game, along with the Packers game are showing as SOLDOUT. All 6 remaining games show tickets available.

Reaction score

98% or 99%(forget which) of the tickets need to be sold for it to be considered sold out for black out rules. 1000 more tickets need to be sold by Thursday 1:15 PM, or we go into the dreaded extension period and all the media talks about and makes jokes about.
That's as good as soldout then!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, get ready for the extension then. in this economy, I think many people are hoping to see this game on TV who might've purchased a ticket in previous years. I'd like to be wrong, but I don't think that many sell by Thursday.

I think some company will buy up the remainder on Friday as a write off to avoid the blackout. The Bidwills CANNOT purchase the tickets themselves.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Well, get ready for the extension then. in this economy, I think many people are hoping to see this game on TV who might've purchased a ticket in previous years. I'd like to be wrong, but I don't think that many sell by Thursday.

I think some company will buy up the remainder on Friday as a write off to avoid the blackout. The Bidwills CANNOT purchase the tickets themselves.

Typically, the broadcast stations or the opposition buy out blocks of tickets for charity or for the other fans, but IIRC, the owners can buy a certain amount of tickets (not many) to help televise the game. Im pretty sure the Bidwills bought some one time last season and gave them away to the Boys and Girls club. Dont quote me on that.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I posted on this topic in another thread. The economy is wreaking havoc on the NFL ticket sales... I heard that Jacksonville will most likely have every single home game blacked out.
And several other teams are struggling as well.
Phoenix of course has been one of the hardest hit NFL cities and we don't have the decades worth of entrenched fandom that a Green Bay, Cleveland or ever Detroit have. I hope we can somehow muster up enough sales to prevent the blackout not only for this game, but for all home games!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I posted on this topic in another thread. The economy is wreaking havoc on the NFL ticket sales... I heard that Jacksonville will most likely have every single home game blacked out.
And several other teams are struggling as well.
Phoenix of course has been one of the hardest hit NFL cities and we don't have the decades worth of entrenched fandom that a Green Bay, Cleveland or ever Detroit have. I hope we can somehow muster up enough sales to prevent the blackout not only for this game, but for all home games!

Colin Cowherd was ranting on this the other day. He said the economy was an excuse thrown out by poorly marketed franchises because the franchises like the ones you mentioned, he used Pittsburgh and Buffalo as his examples, were still selling out even though their economies were worse off. Note: that he was talking about San Diego.

I don't know if I agree with him since Major League Baseball's attendance is down from last year. Biggest sign is in Detroit where despite being in first in the Central Division the Tigers attendance is off around 20% from '08.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Colin Cowherd was ranting on this the other day. He said the economy was an excuse thrown out by poorly marketed franchises because the franchises like the ones you mentioned, he used Pittsburgh and Buffalo as his examples, were still selling out even though their economies were worse off. Note: that he was talking about San Diego.

I don't know if I agree with him since Major League Baseball's attendance is down from last year. Biggest sign is in Detroit where despite being in first in the Central Division the Tigers attendance is off around 20% from '08.

It's having an effect everywhere but it's not the sole cause in any one place and there are other factors.

He's right and wrong, if you have a good enough product people will come, only the Cardinals have the most drastically improved product in sports and they can't sell out.

So it's pretty much just case by case, overall though the economy is a big drag no questions about it.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The Cards sold out the home preseason games I see no reason they can't sell out the home opener.

I wish I was still in AZ so I wouldn't miss a home game...God Bless DirecTV for us out of staters.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The nfl needs to re-evaluate and get rid of this stupid blackout rule... I like Goodell's directions in general and hope he really nix this rule especially in the light of economic conditions.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really hope the game sells out, if it doesn't sell out though i'll go to justin.tv to watch the game. Wish I could go to the game but have to celebrate a birthday with a friend :( ugh. But i'm defintally going to the colts game after the jags :) can't wait. Just please beat the 49ers cards please!!!

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Come on Civic Leaders!! Do your DUTY andbuy up these tickets for charity!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The nfl needs to re-evaluate and get rid of this stupid blackout rule... I like Goodell's directions in general and hope he really nix this rule especially in the light of economic conditions.

He dropped and/or kept the prices the same because of these economic conditions. I don't think he would even consider dropping the blackout rule.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
when I was scanning azcentral I think it said 1,700 remaining with the extension filed and approved